Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

What game are you playing -- seriously?

EVERY DPS class is capable of putting out comparable numbers. In fact, the number gap has been constantly closing. And sniper is hardly OP -- or even outdoing most of the other DPS classes. Just 'easier' to play.

Show me a parse of an operative DPS pulling numbers anywhere near a sniper in the same gear on the same boss.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of us work at BIOWARE? I'm pretty sure most of these post are from individuals who have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what goes into making, maintaining an MMO. I sure as hell don't. Personally I would be like, if you like the game fine, if you don't play something else. Bugs will happen.

PVP is the black sheep of this game. I too am frustrated with the lack of content for PVP. But I still love the game.

I know this would never happen but if there could be some kinda balance to PVP, like a certain amount of tanks, healers, dps. That would be nice. Also what's with the door times on Void Star?

Snipers need accuracy

Operatives dont

So "same" gear is not really a definitive test. Both need optimized gear.

All DPS need accuracy. Some might have class bonuses that reduce the amount of accuracy to get to 110%, but all DPS need to have some accuracy on their gear.

As far as MMOs are concerned, this is rapidly becoming a new favorite. After 7 years in WoW, and having spent time in RIFT, LotRO, Runes of Magic, STO, and others, I find SW:TOR to be the most engaging and more closely balanced of MMOs. I was ready for a change, and I am so glad I came back. Being a Founder, I can already see the VAST differences of what the game has become since I walked away last April. It is so good to be back. I can't wait for my "Summer of SWTOR" to begin.

Unsubbed thanks to the "Summer of SWTOR"

1) Your "Double EXP Weekends" kill my guilds raiding times. Thanks for that, its not like I didn't keep a subscription active to raid right? :rolleyes:

2) Your "Major Content Update" with 2.2 is a *********** joke. No really, it is.

3) The bait and switch you pulled with 2.1 regarding the collections system still makes my stomach churn with the thought of "well what will they pull next!?"

4) The SSSP? Yeah, pretty sure an unspoken amount of the population has pretty much figured out your either a) bull********. Or b) The Heroic Space Missions really WERE the SSSP. And if thats the case, that is hilariously sad. But honestly expected.

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:

• Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
  • New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
  • Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
  • Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.

August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:

• New Flashpoints
  • New Daily Area
  • New Recurring Event
  • Significant graphical upgrades

That's all?

• No new story part?
  • No continuazation of the class story?
  • No redesign of this stupid small planet maps to get a Feeling for great open worlds like in other MMO's
  • No real flying and not only hovering a feet above the ground?
  • No free Navigation in space and the posibility for battles with our star ships?
  • No minigames like sabak or pod racing?

Only a bu..sh.. nightmare mode for simple-minded pseudo pro-raiders?

Shame on you

Hi Warforever!

We are listening and do care. For what it’s worth I’m a PvPer too. PvP is one of our priorities and we are not going to do away with it. I’m not a big believer in making excuses, and can understand why it might feel like we are not focused on PvP, but here’s a bit of an explanation why the next big PvP update is several months out:

PvP and Class Balance are the same team of guys. It makes sense that the designers working on one also work on the other. This means that raising the level cap to 55 for Rise of the Hutt Cartel last month and redoing all the talent trees for all classes and extending the PvP game to level 55 and redoing the PvP gear for Rise of the Hutt Cartel has kept them busy. In fact, it took a heroic effort on their part to accomplish all this. This team plays PvP every day and share your and my passion for it. Now that Rise of the Hutt Cartel is behind them they don’t want to just service PvP by adding another warzone to the rotation, they want to address PvP with a meaningful update. We’ve given them the go ahead to do this and that’s why the big PvP features are several months out.

I just hope this new tier of PVE gear won't be BIS in Warzones, and whats this about matrix shards being BIS?.

You sad free loaders. How do you expect to get what you're asking for free?

If you want more story content I suggest you make some money in real life and start spending some on the Cartel Market. Then you will get your content.

If you want more story content I suggest you make some money in real life and start spending some on the Cartel Market. Then you will get your content.

Not sure if troll ... regardless, how's that Bioware paycheck? Spending tons of money on the CM only brings money to the EA execs, it doesn't mean it will be used for content. Besides, spending money on CM only means they'll keep focusing on the CM and not actual content. Oh, and we pay subscription already, so take your "free-loading" condescension and stick it where the sun doesn't shine ...

Wake up and smell the ashes.

Should probably just erase this thread because after today, your target dates are just a load of B.S.

And yes I know they are "target" but when they are cancelled less than 24 hours before the date that's just epic fail.

Edited by ArissArgile

What do you mean "new flashpoints"?

Colicoid War Game and Red Reper Hard Mode?

I really hope it's not just rehashed hardmodes of existing content, although more level 55 HMs would be great as the current 4 are getting a little repetative...

No, I would like to see brand new lower level flashpoints married with level 55 HMs of them, like a flashpoint based around Makeb seeing as we currently have none, the only current Makeb group content is a few heroics and a world boss....give us a new flashpoint BW!

Edited by Snapsix

Oh? How's that working out for the people that bought a Cathar unlock for the express purpose of convincing EA to create the race they really wanted? Hint: don't hold your breath.