Macro's are allowed to a certain point

Masarko

And this does not include rapid tapping aka autoclicking

Indeed, my example has a lot of holes in it and was just an extreme example, which I admit wasn't very good.

When it comes to automation/macros the rule is "it's ok as long as you're actively playing, and each active ability use is a keystroke."

This isn't supported natively by the game, but if you have suitable hardware that can do it, that's fine, again as long as you're actively playing.

Sorry for the initial response and I hope this helps.

read, thank me later

full thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6337415#post6337415

Edited by Masarko

Since so many people think autoclicker gives an edge. Just consider for example remapping your mouse roll to right click and you have quite of autoclicker there and it doesn't even violate ToS.

Oh really, you are going to tell me you always entirely read every ToS presented to you? :p

I kinda scroll down, semi fast incase I see something interessting, and CTRL + F :D unless its ToS for forums, I cannot be bothered reading those, its all the same anyway

Since so many people think autoclicker gives an edge. Just consider for example remapping your mouse roll to right click and you have quite of autoclicker there and it doesn't even violate ToS.

The more you know

Edited by Masarko

It's not nearly as fast as making one with a 0.008 seconds interval though. But yeah, that is indeed true.

Would somebody be so kind to explain what difference does this make?

scenario A - what people think happens - i have a mouse with macro function, so i can bind a sequence of keys to some button. when i press this button the mouse sends the specified events - this is what they say is OK

scenario B - what really happens - the mouse sends an event of (high-numbered) button press, the associated driver interprets the bound macro and generates the keypress events - guess still OK

scenario B' - generalized version of B - based on some arbitrary event, a piece of software generates some keypress events - this is considered cheating ?

Would somebody be so kind to explain what difference does this make?

scenario A - what people think happens - i have a mouse with macro function, so i can bind a sequence of keys to some button. when i press this button the mouse sends the specified events - this is what they say is OK

scenario B - what really happens - the mouse sends an event of (high-numbered) button press, the associated driver interprets the bound macro and generates the keypress events - guess still OK

scenario B' - generalized version of B - based on some arbitrary event, a piece of software generates some keypress events - this is considered cheating ?

I guess its because the "piece of software" counts as a 3rd party program, and THATS illegal :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I guess its because the "piece of software" counts as a 3rd party program, and THATS illegal :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Spam on key down/hold is probebly not. But simply rerouting the key to another key is fine.

Long scripted macros or scripted colour/shape recognition macros which interact as a player might are generally what isn't allowed because the idea of those is to automatically advance without personally playing. Edited by Gyronamics

How much progression does that do then.

You have to be there for that to be worth anything.

What is clearly not allowed are scripts which as a random example... play the space missions for you while you mow the dog or walk the lawn.

Edited by Gyronamics

So itäs not ok to have two abilties through one keystroke?

Example: Next team mate + guard = 1 button click

Pretty much that exactly, If you had to press the button once to target them, then the same button again to guard then its fine, but the one click performing 2 actions is a no.

So itäs not ok to have two abilties through one keystroke?

Example: Next team mate + guard = 1 button click

Far as I understood it, you can IF you have "hardware" that allows it, what I think they dont want is 3rd party software doing it for you

How much progression does that do then.

You have to be there for that to be worth anything.

What is clearly not allowed are scripts which as a random example... play the space missions for you while you mow the dog or walk the lawn.

How often do you mow your dog?

Far as I understood it, you can IF you have "hardware" that allows it, what I think they dont want is 3rd party software doing it for you
The official swtor mouse + hardware allows us to do it. It's weird that they're authorizing a product with their name on it, just to tell the customers that they can't use it.