Hunker Down/Entrench...

Selout

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diversion.... breaks through entrench pops them out of cover and keeps them from being able to reenter cover at all for 6 seconds effective taking away 90% of thier attacks worth a damn and killing them quite quickly

Diversion is quite the anomaly vs Entrench. I would like it to remove entrench completely. But you lose cover, but if you stay in place, entrench still exists.

That's basically a state where: you are out of cover, have diversion accuracy debuff. Cannot use any cover abilities, can be interruped, but you cannot get CCed, but melee can leap to you.

Usually when snipers get diversion, they just relocate all together, and thus drop the entrench as well. It would be better if entrench was completely gone after diversion because right now it is too confusing for people to understand what is really happening.

Flashbang - 1 min, it is a mezz, grow a brain, if they are using this they are running, they'll be getting back to range or out of it. And remember folks, it takes a special kind of team to all stack up in one place to be susceptible to ye olde flashbang - so mostly it is a single target mezz.

Actually, most use FB as an offensive weapon: FB your target, which lets you easily get off your EP+ambush+legshot, which is followed up by FT+takedown which is basically a stun lock, though the target is rooted away from you and still taking your biggest hits...

I still support you OP.

Sadly you have hit the point where so many idiots are in here trying to counter you that you are forced to become discouraged and possibly irate. I cannot say that I didn't see this coming. Anyone in these forums who thinks at a higher level (in terms of the game) largely due to the fact that they are intelligent in real life and also play the game at a high level; will be met by a crowd of idiots who support nothing put simplistic, conventional thoughts. And typically other posters like yourself will give you little to no support in your thread, for a reason that I have yet to figure out.

Quite sad.

Edited by Polymerize

I still support you OP.

Sadly you have hit the point where so many idiots are in here trying to counter you that you are forced to become discouraged and possibly irate. I cannot say that I didn't see this coming. Anyone in these forums who thinks at a higher level (in terms of the game) largely due to the fact that they are intelligent in real life and also play the game at a high level; will be met by a crowd of idiots who support nothing put simplistic, conventional thoughts. And typically other posters like yourself will give you little to no support, for a reason that I have yet to figure out.

Quite sad.

So my contribution was idiotic? That makes me a sad panda :(

EDIT: I was referring to this:

To revert back to the Original Post: I'd say, keep Entrench as is Cooldown wise, but make it a 1,5 casting ability.

- It should be interruptable

- Alacrity speeds up the cast time so increasing that stat would make sure you need less than a GCD to activate it.

Just throwing thoughts out there :D I'm not nearly as Pro as some of the posters here to know about the hidden consequences of that...

Edited by SpoeMeister

So my contribution was idiotic? That makes me a sad panda :(

EDIT: I was referring to this:

No Spoe, you've supported me in most all of my threads actually.

You and a couple other posters in here actually have some thought and reason to back up your assertions; willing to look past situations X-Y-Z and see the bigger picture.

Rest of the posters are simple minded bigots. Makes me sad how an intelligent, wise poster can have his thread completely defaced and degenerated by so many fools, so often in these forums.

The community as a whole in this game is sad.

I still support you OP.

No Spoe, you've supported me in most all of my threads actually.

You and a couple other posters in here actually have some thought and reason to back up your assertions; willing to look past situations X-Y-Z and see the bigger picture.

That's some nice bootlicking, unless the OP is your second account, which in this case could be considered a classic case of double personality :D

Edited by NoTomorrow

Pretty much, hunker down/entrench needs to be a 3m cd. I play a GS and this is stupid how good it is with our new mobility. Please fix so PvP is mildly fun and challenging again. Thanks.

How to CC a sniper through entrench : walk behind a pillar.

Snipers dont even need hunker down to beat smasher actually. Hunker down is a lame mechanic should be gutted IMO.

YOLOSMASH!

In a 1vs1 I don't typically pop it. Given the turret nature of snipers, removing entrench would make them even easier to destroy in group vs group fights.

How to CC a sniper through entrench : walk behind a pillar.

LOL Playing both my sniper and assassin right now, it actually is hillarious to see the sniper pop entrench and people just move behind an object. On my assassin, I just can't wait for them to break that entrench, then it's ball game.

6. Unremitting/unstopable basically offers potentially the same total of 20 seconds of CC immunity during a minute. Nobody has a problem with that.

What the big F are you talking about? Unremitting is a 4 SECONDS buff on LEAP (that's not enough to complete master strike against a competent target). You know what you can't do with snipers in cover, entrenched or otherwise? Leap to them. You know what you can do with snipers in cover who are entrenched? As vigilance, precious freaking little (I just taunt them and leave them for others to deal with). I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE a continuous 20 seconds cc immunity on my guardian. A stun would be nice too.

Trooper cryo grenade needs to have its range brought back up to 30 meters, at least in the case of commandos and their mirror.

Edited by Aelaias

Entrench is fine jesus.. and i play a smash mon.. i mean sentinel.

We dont do cc anyway, its a bit too complicated we prefer simple things like: leap, smash etc. one syllable, no fuss.

Electro net is far far far more annoying as a melee especially a sentinel, but i suppose even commandos should be able to kill something once in a while so they can keep it.

Bottom line, entrench is fine

Yes, I find it ok when I play smash. It doesn't stop me from leaping and smacking down on a lightly armored class, reflecting or destroying accuracy, stealthing, etc etc. Smash monkeys, especially dual-wielders can deal with them ok. Combat/carnage is probably not too bad either. It's the other jug/guardian specs which are completely neutralized by the class. You know, the ones no one complains about being overpowered.

As vigilance, precious freaking little (I just taunt them and leave them for others to deal with). I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE a continuous 20 seconds cc immunity on my guardian. A stun would be nice too.

Agree

Also can u give snipers/GS heavy armor, an 8k on demand aoe hit and a 30mts **** ability. Why not a lightsaber just in case it's roleplay time and we can all be luke...

Pretty much, hunker down/entrench needs to be a 3m cd. I play a GS and this is stupid how good it is with our new mobility. Please fix so PvP is mildly fun and challenging again. Thanks.

I forgot how awesome entrench is when using mobility...

:rolleyes:

Ridiculous Nonsense

Evasion is a great ability because it stops a ton of hard hitting attacks including ravage/master strike and all execute abilities. It will not stop tech but will force most other classes to stop whatever they are doing and attempt to cc you. And so on.

Agree

Also can u give snipers/GS heavy armor, an 8k on demand aoe hit and a 30mts **** ability. Why not a lightsaber just in case it's roleplay time and we can all be luke...

Sure, why not. You want extra 5% damage mitigation from armor which non-physical/non-kinetic types of damage ignore? As long as we are playing fantasy game balance, you can have it. Incidentally, I will reiterate something I said in a different post: I have no problem with snipers when I am playing rage/focus. Funny how you ignored the fact that I was talking about Vigilance.

Edited by Aelaias

6/10 gotten fair reaction so far.

Edited by islander

Diversion.... breaks through entrench pops them out of cover and keeps them from being able to reenter cover at all for 6 seconds effective taking away 90% of thier attacks worth a damn and killing them quite quickly

haha. pretty much this.

As a marksman, if I am out of cover, I am worthless DPS wise. I can execute a pre-loaded followthrough, a takedown if the opportunity is there, or just lob a grenade. Or just run away for a few seconds :)

Lethality and Engineers don't have quite the same issue, especially leth as cull is a standup skill.

Honestly though, I find myself saving my diversion for forced engagements in melee range, though.

Edited by islander

Wanna see how horribly unknowledgeable players QQing for entrench nerf are?

Notice how the bads whined only about about the talented MM entrench, but none of them mentioned engineering back to back entrench for 40 seconds lol :))))

And the OP claims he plays a sniper, trolololol :)))))

Edited by NoTomorrow

The standard everyone else has a problem defenders. There are a few things in this game that are completely obvious and one of those would be roll being way to good compared to similar abilities from other classes. Imagine the QQ if I could spam FS over and over without a 15s or 20s CD; people couldn't even handle non-spammable FS that ignored slows. What you have is essentually spammable FS. So if you think that is OP then so is yours; if you do not then please sign right here on this petition to get me spammable FS. Edited by skarlson

Snipers are a whole different level of imbalance compared to the common problems because their imbalance is a symptom of the defense-strong metagame. In a game where your team has single digit total deaths (and most of these deaths would be melees or healers), you can be pretty sure you do not need to retreat once you're entrenched and obviously if you don't die while entrenched it's way overpowered. But of course there's nothing about Entrench itself that makes you hard to kill. An immobile ranged DPS should be easy to kill, and that's still mostly true except that right now very few people die in WZs when backed by healers, so the risk for staying still as a ranged DPS is greatly decreased.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.