Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

Eillack

I just realized clones and droids makes every one faceless..... but the great thing about rebels and stormtroopers they can all be some one all have their own story every person we see has the potential for a great story ...... the possibilities oh the wonderful wonderful possibilities.

Im sorry, I have to disagree.

How can you call Domino Squad faceless? The squad that rose above their differences, in turn to watch each other fall to the Seperatists one by one. Fives is all that remained, Heavy sacrificed himself for his squad, Echo for the republic, they all died honourable deaths totalling to one of the most tragic plot lines in the entire series.

Watch

and tell me the clones are faceless...

I'd enjoy seeing People from TCW in this show, and I can imagine Ashoka there, though not sure what I'd think of it. I can imagine Fives being one of the Clones who have it all up, he always seemed close to the Jedi, shared their beliefs IMO. Ventress is another I can imagine appearing, though I don't want her to, she deserves better than that... She deserves to get away from the war, not dragged into another, though it really would fit her tragic life.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, I have to disagree.

How can you call Domino Squad faceless? The squad that rose above their differences, in turn to watch each other fall to the Seperatists one by one. Fives is all that remained, Heavy sacrificed himself for his squad, Echo for the republic, they all died honourable deaths totalling to one of the most tragic plot lines in the entire series.

Watch

and tell me the clones are faceless...

I'd enjoy seeing People from TCW in this show, and I can imagine Ashoka there, though not sure what I'd think of it. I can imagine Fives being one of the Clones who have it all up, he always seemed close to the Jedi, shared their beliefs IMO. Ventress is another I can imagine appearing, though I don't want her to, she deserves better than that... She deserves to get away from the war, not dragged into another, though it really would fit her tragic life.

But that's the thing there are only a few that seem to distinguish themselves...... and all of them literally have the same face biology and backstory they are all from the exact same spot the diversity that we will get to see with rebels is much larger they will not just be as heroic and able to distinguish themselves the same way these clones did but they all come from different walks of life. By faceless I mean you know as well as I do there are things in TCW where you are facing against nameless squads of mass produced droids vs nameless squads of mass produced clones. they all have the same back story they all come from the same place and they literally all have the same face. That's the meaning of faceless the rebels don't have this stigma..... not one has the same back story or reason for fighting the war each has their own reason... their own past..... their own personality. Its no longer the exception to be different...... its the standard and to me that is glorious.

It seems we just like different things then.

I love the fact, that no matter the fact they were all produced to be the same, they ended up unique, unique personalities, still able to make their own decisions.

"We're just numbers 99! Just numbers!" Phrases like this really represent the real world too, reminds me f the famous like "Ours not to reason why, ours but to do, and die."

Meh. Everyone likes different things....

It seems we just like different things then.

I love the fact, that no matter the fact they were all produced to be the same, they ended up unique, unique personalities, still able to make their own decisions.

"We're just numbers 99! Just numbers!" Phrases like this really represent the real world too, reminds me f the famous like "Ours not to reason why, ours but to do, and die."

Meh. Everyone likes different things....

Absolutely agree and to me that's why Star Wars as a whole is so wonderful there is so much to see so much to explore and so much to like. I don't think there is truly a person out there that could not find something that touches them in one way or another we may have differing view points but we are all here for the same reason we all love something in this wonderful galaxy we call Star Wars.

Edited by tunewalker

Good thing and a bit bad seeing that he let a lot of canon-rewriting occur in TCW. (Jango's helm, people dying before their time, bringing back Darth Maul decades earlier than he should have been, killing off the Nightsisters; and the smaller stuff :p).

Don't kid yourself. If you ever watched the behind the scenes video clips they did, you'd know that Lucas himself ordered all of that stuff. Lucas was very hands on.

I would also love to see some of the Iconic faces back in their early days.

Han Solo growing up.

Lando

Seeing the Z-95s battling the tie fighters before the X-Wing came out. The development of said X-wing by Incorp. Seeing some other ships from the EU universe, like the Marauder corvettes. Cloakshapes.

I mean there is so much to tell.

And the thing is, the rebellion didn't start right after the end of the Clone Wars. It took almost 10-15 years before the rebellion really kicked off.

Again, so much to tell.

the Disney XD part ehhhh...., I'm not so sure about,

Why? Because it is Disney? Elaborate please. I am just wondering if you are one of the folks who thinks that "Disney" automatically means "toddler".

Edited by TheBBP

Why? Because it is Disney? Elaborate please. I am just wondering if you are one of the folks who thinks that "Disney" automatically means "toddler".

No, not hating on anything, it just sounds like some sort of exclusivity card Disney is pulling. And I could be mis-informed, but I don't have cable and such "fancy" options with tv. Will this be available anywhere via live stream or somehow accessible apart from cable (aka online, Netflix etc....?)

No, not hating on anything, it just sounds like some sort of exclusivity card Disney is pulling. And I could be mis-informed, but I don't have cable and such "fancy" options with tv. Will this be available anywhere via live stream or somehow accessible apart from cable (aka online, Netflix etc....?)

That exclusivity comes from them owning the franchise. Disney did strike a huge deal with Netflix so I would expect some love there. Most of Disney XD's current lineup is currently on Netflix.

Edited by TheBBP

I can never take it seriously is all for me personally. Plus I've never liked the House of M.

But who knows, seeing that it is leaning towards traditional Star Wars there is a much better chance of this series being great form the start unlike TCW's slippery slope.

Edited by Eillack

I would also love to see some of the Iconic faces back in their early days.

Han Solo growing up.

Lando

Seeing the Z-95s battling the tie fighters before the X-Wing came out. The development of said X-wing by Incorp. Seeing some other ships from the EU universe, like the Marauder corvettes. Cloakshapes.

I mean there is so much to tell.

And the thing is, the rebellion didn't start right after the end of the Clone Wars. It took almost 10-15 years before the rebellion really kicked off.

Again, so much to tell.

Well one of the spin-off movies is about a young Han Solo.

Well one of the spin-off movies is about a young Han Solo.

not that surprised. but you could tell so much more in a series like this. Movies, well have to pack in only so much story in about 2 hours. Series you got all the time in the world...long as you don't get cancelled!

I can never take it seriously is all for me personally. Plus I've never liked the House of M.

But who knows, seeing that it is leaning towards traditional Star Wars there is a much better chance of this series being great form the start unlike TCW's slippery slope.

Slippery slope? That would imply they got worse over time which is the opposite of the truth. I'd agree though that they had a 'roughish' start. But markedly improved with each season.

Anyway, the only reservations I'd have concerning Disney is essentially their target market is children. So it could mean a toning down of the more mature themes we've seem emerging in recent seasons of TCW. But its too early to judge.

Oh and a question for you all. Would you like to see a return to TCW-style animation or something different, and if so, what?

Slippery slope? That would imply they got worse over time which is the opposite of the truth. I'd agree though that they had a 'roughish' start. But markedly improved with each season.

Anyway, the only reservations I'd have concerning Disney is essentially their target market is children. So it could mean a toning down of the more mature themes we've seem emerging in recent seasons of TCW. But its too early to judge.

Oh and a question for you all. Would you like to see a return to TCW-style animation or something different, and if so, what?

Ever seen Starship Troopers invasion? Or the Starship Troopers Cartoon they had on for a while? I'd LOVE to see that kind of CGI cartoon again.

In may seem fitting at first, but then you got to think essentially its just Vader stabbing Ashoka in the chest after an intensish duel. She dies a failure, galaxy moves on. Audience is like, oh, ok, that was sad.

Now we are getting into the problem of canon, Ashoka's existence is never actually acknowledged by Vader or Anakin before TCW and for obvious reasons. Any changes in Vader's pschye would have profound impacts on Vader's actions to come and could potentially alter his fate altogether.

I agree. That’s why IMO, it would be more fitting and more tragic if the Emperor kills Ashoka to prevent her from confronting Vader. Think about that as an epic tragic tale.

I personally would like them to stick to the TCW-style animation, just for continuity's sake, especially if the likes of Ahsoka or Cad Bane or Rex may be appearing.

I personally would like them to stick to the TCW-style animation, just for continuity's sake, especially if the likes of Ahsoka or Cad Bane or Rex may be appearing.

I doubt Rex will live by that point in time; pretty sure there was foreshadowing of him dying in the last / later seasons (if TCW wasn't canned).

I doubt Rex will live by that point in time; pretty sure there was foreshadowing of him dying in the last / later seasons (if TCW wasn't canned).

I don't know, I could see the beginning arc showing what happens to him, especially since this spans all the way from ROTS to ANH.

This is one of my biggest concerns. I don't want to see a series filled with potential dumbed down.

This is one of my biggest concerns. I don't want to see a series filled with potential dumbed down.

Indeed - I actually started to like TCW when it got canned because the team grew a pair and started to get dark and you could watch people get killed instead of the "Oh you shot me! *spin around and fall on the floor* " garbage that we had for most of it's life haha.

Indeed - I actually started to like TCW when it got canned because the team grew a pair and started to get dark and you could watch people get killed instead of the "Oh you shot me! *spin around and fall on the floor* " garbage that we had for most of it's life haha.

Well the OT/PT was rated PG(save for Ep 3) and look at the dark moments there. But then again...that was the 70s-80s-early 2000s where the ratings were different(in terms of what was shown) but...meh we shall see what happens.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

well as long as he doesn't set up a bunch of lovable characters an interesting predicament and get us all hyped for the what happens next and then skip it 5 years and leave us wondering what the hell happened in that 5 year jump with barely explaining it that whole way so now instead of asking "whats going to happen next" we are asking "what is going on...." lol

Yeah, it felt like they came up with some epic 5 season story. Then skipped season 2-4.

Season 1 was great, series 2 was all over the shop and things just happened, just compare the season 1 final to the season 2 final and you can see which one involved a lot of set up and foreshadowing. Hint not number 2