How about some 2.1 positivity?

Kontraz

Since the forums are bing overrun by T_T over whether or not it is right to introduce aspects that are only available via Cartel Coins, let's put that aside for a moment and examine what we *do* like about the new content and how we are utilizing it.

I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying not only the complete eradicator warsuit and mask, but the ability to bind it to my account. Now all of my Sith can wear what is considered their standardized war garb. Similarly, my two jedi are now wearing the valiant jedi armor. Plus not only can both my commando and vanguard now don the Stalwart set, but so can their entire squads!

My jedi is also in an RP guild, and while for the story it seemed appropriate for me to have my consular appear older and have a full beard, in terms of guild RP he is just a Padawan. Since I've completed the story, I've used the appearance kiosk to give him a shave, smooth out those wrinkles and now he even has a padawan braid! ^_^

It only seems negative cuz people only complain when the food is bad.

So for every 1 gamer taking the time and effort to complain there are probably at least 300* other gamers, such as myself, that are enjoying themselves immensely.

So it's all good.

* Numbers are unofficial.

I was surprised by how pretty the actual customization kiosk was, the textures on the preview screen are incredibly crisp and zooming in and out of one's character is really smooth, virtually no hiccups.

Tragically, that's pretty much it though.

To busy enjoying it to be complaining at the forums, personally I don't get most of the bad fuss about it.

I bought my Cathar and changed my main's hairstyle with the complimentary coins that I got for being a sub and few for getting achievements.

The obvious positive thing is ow many features 2.1 "ticks off" the list of what the game was missing. Renames, recustomization and soon character transfers were some of the most popular request. At this point, Bioware's mostly done with the 'basic' mechanics and can focus on actual content first and foremost, instead of having to devote lots of time to working on content AND basic functionality. Some things are still left, like dual specing or legacy cargo hold, but most of the 'mechanical' stuff that was missing at launch is now in the game.

A subscriber since launch and I'm enjoying this game more than ever. The options that the Collections feature offer are great. Thanks for listening BW. Being able to make copies of CM items to share with all my alts for a small cc fee is more than worth it. It makes CM items so much more valuable and appealing.

Since so much of the CM is available on the GTN there hasn't been any need for me to buy any CC yet . I had a nice chunk of reward CC saved up so buying the Cather ,a few dyes and a little customization was a no brainer. The Cathar look much cooler than I expected.

I'm very happy to see this game getting more color. It's amazing how just changing the color of an outfit can make you love gear that you didn't like previously.

The Collections feature is great. Best part of the update, IMO, so props to whoever at BW conceived and programmed it.

Yep.. and they pretty much ganked us (pleasantly) with it out of nowhere. Did anyone have any idea at all that it was comming until they teased it out last week?? They did good. Can't wait to see what items they expand into it over time... like Event items and such.

If you think about it.. all the complaining in the forums about wanting everything Bind To Legacy. Collections is like Bind to Legacy on steroids.. because it's account wide, not just legacy wide.

I'm very happy to see this game getting more color. It's amazing how just changing the color of an outfit can make you love gear that you didn't like previously.

/Agree.

I honestly don't get most of the griping about the dye system. Yeah.. you cannot do every possible combination under the sun (yet).... but man with just the commonly available dual dyes.. it's like night and day vs pre-patch.

Collections + Dyes is much bigger then people are giving it credit for. I guess because lots of people are all worked up about the Customization Kiosk. I stoped by to look at it last night.. and it was largely deserted, which is what I would expect after the mad rush the first day or two. I mean.. how many people really need to do full make-overs on their charcters!? The rage is hyperinflated over that IMO.

Edited by Andryah

I have to say the base potential is there. I really love the idea that I can duplicate crystals that I have purchased with a reasonable 60cc unlock (reasonable IMO naturally).

I also think that the armor unlock account wide is a good deal if you look at in the way of total cost across all characters. In the long run it saves a player quite a bit IMO.

Love the artwork on the Collections UI and the size of the preview window in the "image designer", and the fact it zooms in and out automatically.

IMO the dye preview was a great idea. Allows you to avoid buyers remorse.

Overall I think they did a great job on most of it, just a few glitches and problems with how things are handled here and there.

/Agree.

I honestly don't get most of the griping about the dye system. Yeah.. you cannot do every possible combination under the sun (yet).... but man with just the commonly available dual dyes.. it's like night and day vs pre-patch.

Collections + Dyes is much bigger then people are giving it credit for. I guess because lots of people are all worked up about the Customization Kiosk. I stoped by to look at it last night.. and it was largely deserted, which is what I would expect after the mad rush the first day or two. I mean.. how many people really need to do full make-overs on their charcters!? The rage is hyperinflated over that IMO.

It's a fair point, but one could also argue that the cost has reduced interest perhaps. Also, I am firmly in the "SWTOR players desire customization above all" camp, so I don't think it's hyperinflated at all. I think, actually, it's a good measure of how the community is feeling, how they have always felt since launch.

At least from my perspective anyway.

I like 2.1. Pretty much everything in it was what I was expecting, and I'm fine with it. Sure, it would be great to be able to obtain all of this stuff through Credits and not CC, but I'm not gonna blame Bioware for taking the cheap route because they are running a buisness.

Only thing I was not expecting and was upset to find was the Dye gambling packs. Call me naive, but I thought it was going to be an a-la-cartel, pick which one you want... but oh well.

Yeah, it's not the best, purest patch. But I really don't think it deserves all the hate and outrage.

Edited by Swissbob

The customization kiosk was a great addition. It could use a great deal more expanding, in terms of the options provided, but there's clearly room for that in the future.

I dislike the anthropomorphic cat species and would rather it be republic-only so that I wouldn't have to see it on a regular basis unless able to kill it with lightning, but you can find this variant in many games so I'm not surprised that they went with one in SWTOR. It must focus group well or something. Ultimately, if it maintains interest in the game then it is a good thing.

The black/black dyes are done pretty well. If the price comes down eventually I look forward to using one.

It only seems negative cuz people only complain when the food is bad.

So for every 1 gamer taking the time and effort to complain there are probably at least 300* other gamers, such as myself, that are enjoying themselves immensely.

So it's all good.

* Numbers are unofficial.

I'm positive that 100% of made up statistics are wrong.

Pocket class trainers for all my alts, without having to mail them back and forth.... :)

And account wide mounts & pets at last. :D Now if only they would add a pocket crew skill trainer.

Edit:

Yes I am the one guy that does not have the CE and did not pre-order RotHC.

Edited by Ernost