Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?

Dawginole

Your cell phone provider sells you a phone, you sign a contract. Cell phone provider tells you all future updates are free, update comes out and costs you money.

Would you not care? If so, you're an idiot.

It's much different than some twerp telling mommy he is going to school.

Read the contract you agree to when you play the game.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No encourage them to pursue it. If they really cared they would, since they aren't going to do that they cant take the lazy way out and complain on the forums all day long.

I would chuckle a bit when it goes nowhere considering they signed the EULA.

EULA. Oh, looks like you signed it. Sounds like you just got owned by a contract you signed.

No i feel sorry for you cos they could promise you the earth, you will believe them they turn around go na here is a spoon and you would be happy, thats why i feel sorry for you.

I sorta feel sorry for you.

Don't. I am a happy subscriber to this game. I wasn't promised anything, you weren't either. You paid for your access to the game for that month. It never said buy today and we'll send you x tomorrow! No, you used your $15 worth of access.

If you can't distinguish between plans that are subject to change and real bait and switch there's no reason to even engage you in conversation over it.

You maintain your subscription based on information they tell you. (example: free updates for subscribers)

Do you even comprehend what you read?

I maintain my subscription absed on if I'm haveing fun RIGHT NOW. giveing someone your money on some hoipe that in the future you'll be happy... foolishness

Don't. I am a happy subscriber to this game. I wasn't promised anything, you weren't either. You paid for your access to the game for that month. It never said buy today and we'll send you x tomorrow! No, you used your $15 worth of access.

If you can't distinguish between plans that are subject to change and real bait and switch there's no reason to even engage you in conversation over it.

Dont think i was talking to you, no let me check, no wasnt talking to you. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Edited by Shingara

I maintain my subscription absed on if I'm haveing fun RIGHT NOW. giveing someone your money on some hoipe that in the future you'll be happy... foolishness

I thought this was common sense but clearly I need to start taking full price orders now for future plans that are subject to change. There's a market for that in this thread for sure.

No i feel sorry for you cos they could promise you the earth, you will believe them they turn around go na here is a spoon and you would be happy, thats why i feel sorry for you.

I think what the poster is trying to tell you is that he doesn't believe he was promised anything at all. I don't believe I've been lied to by EA, because EA has said at all times that they can change any term of this relationship at their election and my only remedy is to unsub.

Once you look at things this way, you don't get hung up on side issues like whether they lied. If you don't like 2.1 (it sucks) then explain why and suggest changes. But crying that they lied is plainly wrong and is a distraction from the real issue.

I think what the poster is trying to tell you is that he doesn't believe he was promised anything at all. I don't believe I've been lied to by EA, because EA has said at all times that they can change any term of this relationship at their election and my only remedy is to unsub.

Once you look at things this way, you don't get hung up on side issues like whether they lied. If you don't like 2.1 (it sucks) then explain why and suggest changes. But crying that they lied is plainly wrong and is a distraction from the real issue.

^ 100% correct.

yes obviously your correct this http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731 is a mirage. Once we ignore everything they say we shall live in bliss and ignorance.

Edited by Shingara

There were real problems with McDonald's coffee. Multiple warning from officials. No joke. That's is a completely different story. Educated people know the real story behind the law suit. Uneducated nitwits just spout off about hot coffee.

So...the McDonald's analogy does not apply here. Nor will Jeff Hickman be sued for his words.

ahhh yes the old "yeah well your stupid rebuttal".

well played sir well played. :rolleyes:

however you still missed the point of the post. it had nothing to do with McDonald's it had to do with the fact that frivolous lawsuits are accepted and won everyday about the most ridiculous crap.

but if it makes you feel better go ahead and continue to fling insults around at anyone who doesn't take your word as law. :p

Technically, subs do get "full access" because of the CC stipend... Just that he didn't say that you need to save up for months before you can buy something substantial in the CM.

So ironically, he was playing you all like a politician. And the players are whinging about it, even though they don't seem to know that Hickman's statement still applies technically just not in spirit. Though someone more familiar with Law might come and correct me on this.

Technically, subs do get "full access" because of the CC stipend... Just that he didn't say that you need to save up for months before you can buy something substantial in the CM.

So ironically, he was playing you all like a politician. And the players are whinging about it, even though they don't seem to know that Hickman's statement still applies technically just not in spirit. Though someone more familiar with Law might come and correct me on this.

you mean years right, its 600cc a mount just on the collections tab :D thats not very unlimited in my eyes.

Edited by Shingara

I don't think people realize that that EULA you scroll past without reading is a legal document that tells you what your rights are and are not if you choose to login.

Did anyone even know there's a section that specifically informs you that you agree to waive your right to any class-action lawsuits against advertising claims?

On another note, I like how you asked and answered your own question in the same post. It's almost as if you never intended to get an answer from Bioware but intentionally posted as that as a way to have a tantrum about life not being fair. oh....wait.... :rolleyes:

Lol An answer from Bioware. Good one!!

I love it, 2.1 has done much indeed. We are outnumbering people who believe EA/BioWare does no wrong by being more vocal on the forums and 2.1 making those in the EA/BioWare perfect camp change their minds.

Not really. You are a very vocal minority and are a huge pack of leeches who all seem to think that companies are evil for making money. You people are actually what is wrong with society today.

this is what happens when a dev team is so super duper secret about everything they do. what little information they do release to us the community considers gospel and that it is 100% set in stone. so when they do go back on the things they said they would do, it creates a massive uproar because the community feels deceived.

the "we dont talk about it until it is 100% ready" policy they had pre-launch somehow carried over into the live game. and you cannot generate hype for a live game the same way you can for one that hasnt launched yet. the devs dont seem to understand this.

we need a much, much more transparent dev team.

You aren't getting charged to play new warzones are you? No.

You aren't getting charged to play new Operations are you? No.

You aren't being charged for new content. Shiny costumes, baubles, and fluff are not "new content".

You aren't getting charged to play new warzones are you? No.

You aren't getting charged to play new Operations are you? No.

You aren't being charged for new content. Shiny costumes, baubles, and fluff are not "new content".

what new warzones? :rolleyes:

the devs apparently consider new cash shop items "content". not a good idea for the future of the game tbh

6 months ago I told my mom I was planning on going to school to get an MBA. Now I changed my mind and don't think its worth the money. Does that make me a liar?

I think you should re-think your decision and go to complete your MBA. It is well worth the cost.