Server Transfers ~ What will YOU do?

Reginlief

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no no no no no no non on no no yes no no no no no no no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no noo no no no no no no no no no

Don't think you could argue against either of those points. Trolling morons is fun and we are indeed better than everyone else. :p We don't advertise our ranked rating that we got by playing with other guilds though.

The majority of my 200+ ranked games were run with my own guild and, in fact, many of those games were against ID. If you want to talk about being carried by other guilds, though, I guess we can take a look at ID's roster, which is littered with players poached from other well-known PvP guilds. Heck, the best player you have right now came from us and is apparently so crucial to your lineup that he gets his own bat-signal-esque forum thread to summon him for rated :rolleyes:

The majority of my 200+ ranked games were run with my own guild and, in fact, many of those games were against ID. If you want to talk about being carried by other guilds, though, I guess we can take a look at ID's roster, which is littered with players poached from other well-known PvP guilds. Heck, the best player you have right now came from us and is apparently so crucial to your lineup that he gets his own bat-signal-esque forum thread to summon him for rated :rolleyes:

Your guild didn't count as a pvp guild when we picked up Demelain. You haven't queued ranked since January.

I'm seeing a lot of feisty people this morning. DID EVERYONE GET ENOUGH SLEEP?

I thought it was more of a butt hurt ego thing. Cause ya know, some people just can't admit when they aren't as good as they think they are and need improvements.

Usually why there's so many accusations of exploiting and hacking.:(

I guess we should craft ourselves up some PVE gear so we can be taken seriously again ;)

To be fair, Somnax did make a good point in regards to abusing the system to no end. Honestly, if more people using lvl 54 PvE gear in WZs becomes more widespread it may actually force BW to acknowledge and fix it as soon as possible. It also means, everyone is going into WZs with the same level of gear and so what we have now are WZs without any gear advantages.

Really though, the whole thing feels like a grey area.

I guess we should craft ourselves up some PVE gear so we can be taken seriously again ;)

You are honestly turning into one of the most pathetic people on the forums, and its getting to the point where its just sad.

I'm not sure why you've decided to have such a negative opinion towards ID, especially when grouping with them was at least partially responsible for you obtaining the 2k rating you found important enough to plaster on your forum signature.

I already responded to the people in the PTS Ranked thread regarding crafted 54 PvE gear, and you can read my posts on it in that thread. The points I made are basically irrefutable, and unless you have a problem with people who use PvE set bonuses in PvP or people who used the double stacking partisan and conqueror relics (basically every PvPer with a brain) then you can't really blame anyone for using other types of PvE gear as well.

Additionally, you have not named 1 member of ID that was actively doing ranked with his previous guild before joining. The reason you haven't answered this question is because there is not a single member of ID that meets this criteria and you know it.

In conclusion, you, like pretty much everyone else on the forums who complains about ID, is butthurt.

In your case, its because one of your players chose doing ranked PvP over normal warzones in an empty guild and Day Z. I'm sorry that you feel screwed by this, but that doesn't make your petty jabs and trivial arguments any more valid.

Additionally, you have not named 1 member of ID that was actively doing ranked with his previous guild before joining. The reason you haven't answered this question is because there is not a single member of ID that meets this criteria and you know it.

So, do you (ID members in general) think that's ok trying to recruit people from other guilds just because they're not doing ranked? Because it's not, and it makes even more difficult to other guilds make teams to play ranked (isn't that what you always complained about all this time?). I'm not saying that this is completely ID's fault, but I think you might understand my point. I understand that every person has free will and can go wherever they want to, but its still a problem in my opinion when someone keep trying to recruit people from other guilds just because they are not playing ranked or whatsoever. If you are so confident that you're the best pvp guild and that players who are in non-active guilds (in terms of ranked) want to be with the best, let them go to you.

I already responded to the people in the PTS Ranked thread regarding crafted 54 PvE gear, and you can read my posts on it in that thread. The points I made are basically irrefutable, and unless you have a problem with people who use PvE set bonuses in PvP or people who used the double stacking partisan and conqueror relics (basically every PvPer with a brain) then you can't really blame anyone for using other types of PvE gear as well.

Dumbest thing I have ever heard. "Irrefutable"... hardly.

Comparing and exploit to bolster which is currently working incorrectly, to using PvE set bonuses in PvP? That is an apples to oranges comparison. Based on the design methodology used by Bioware, they have the ability (and executed it) by making damage proc relics from PvE not function in PvP. Therefore if it was their intention to disable PvE set bonuses from PvP, they would have done so.

Abusing an obvious problem in their code which results in stats that were not intended is an exploit. Using set bonuses specifically designed for PvP in PvE and vice versa has been happening since the advent of the game and have never been considered a bug by the developers or players. If it was an exploit, it would have been fixed or there would be a response from the developers about it.

There have been responses from the developers in regards to bolster not working as intended, when it came to naked PvP, augment boosting, etc.

Your justification is flawed, and just shows that you will go to any lengths to gain a competitive advantage, including cheating, and rationalize using irrelevant comparisons.

Regards,

KK

Edited by Krazy_Karl

Why am I left thinking that after ID leaves ranked and guilds reform after people transfer ranked will pick up again. If anything, so that some other guild can come along and take over as the top dog. After that has happened, I can see people from other guilds joining up with new top guild and rank just dies all over again. That the other guilds just keep charging into regular WZs running premades to nurse their bruised egos.

Of course, I'd also imagine that once a new a guild becomes top dog a lot of hate will be thrown their way.

If you want to talk about being carried by other guilds, though, I guess we can take a look at ID's roster, which is littered with players poached from other well-known PvP guilds. Heck, the best player you have right now came from us and is apparently so crucial to your lineup that he gets his own bat-signal-esque forum thread to summon him for rated :rolleyes:

First off. I'm the best player in ID. This isn't opinion, this is fact and not up for discussion.

Second off, ID doesn't poach players from active PvP guilds. Why? Because they want teams to play against and they don't want to short-hand those teams. I can't speak to each person we've added and why ID added them, but I think it has less to do with ID and more to do with friendships. At the end of the day, ID is still a bunch of friends playing a video game with their other friends. (We just happen to be better at it).

Dumbest thing I have ever heard. "Irrefutable"... hardly.

Comparing and exploit to bolster which is currently working incorrectly, to using PvE set bonuses in PvP? That is an apples to oranges comparison. Based on the design methodology used by Bioware, they have the ability (and executed it) by making damage proc relics from PvE not function in PvP. Therefore if it was their intention to disable PvE set bonuses from PvP, they would have done so.

Abusing an obvious problem in their code which results in stats that were not intended is an exploit. Using set bonuses specifically designed for PvP in PvE and vice versa has been happening since the advent of the game. If it was an exploit, it would have been fixed or there would be a response from the developers about it.

There have been responses from the developers in regards to bolster not working as intended, when it came to naked PvP, augment boosting, etc.

Your justification is flawed, and just shows that you will go to any lengths to gain a competitive advantage, including cheating, and rationalize using irrelevant comparisons.

Regards,

KK

Actually this is fairly dumb. Not the dumbest, but as with most thing you say it's on the leaderboard of dumbest things. First off claiming you know the design methodology that Bioware employs is erroneous. You don't. You can only infer from a precedent that has been set and their stated goal. Their stated goal is that PvP is BiS in PvP. Their precedent is not a pattern you can draw inference from unless you count disaster as their pattern.

As far as what's acceptable, that will vary from person to person. For most people it boils down to shock value. If something is egregious and actively manipulative like augment glitching most people will shy away from it. But if it's a small gain like stacking PvP serendipitous relics or the PvE equivalent of that (hi merc crit stacking and sniper orbital stacking) people will use it. That view is poorly thought out. It amounts to saying exploiting in small amounts is ok, but exploiting at a noticeable level is not ok. Needless to say that's not consistent.

Everybody will draw their own line in the sand, but I personally draw it at anything that actively manipulates algorithms for gains that would otherwise be impossible. This includes things like augment glitching and /stuck. Things which must be actively exploited. The application of action means the bonus of exploiting will be applied unevenly and is thus unacceptable. Passive manipulation for me -is- fine. That means it's equally applicable and accessible to everybody and can be used as a competitive advantage. Naked pvp, crafted gear, stacking power, mixing and matching/doubling up pvp/pve bonuses all fall under this category. It's a simple objective test then to determine if an exploit is allowable under those conditions. Ultimately this is only for my own ethical consistency. I try not to worry too much about what other people do.

Beyond that, yes, at ID we will go to any length to gain a competitive advantage and to be better players. That's what makes us the best. It's called hardcore and I'm fairly certain you would do anything you could to gain a competitive pve advantage were the encounters actually difficult. It's what the best do. It's why you value server first. We put in effort, time, and forethought to gain an advantage. We also brought this to the attention of the devs numerous times because we want to ultimately see a pvp experience with intuitive and intelligent rules. It's better for the game and frankly it's even better for the hardcore. We're only going to get better.

First off claiming you know the design methodology that Bioware employs is erroneous. You don't. You can only infer from a precedent that has been set and their stated goal. Their stated goal is that PvP is BiS in PvP. Their precedent is not a pattern you can draw inference from unless you count disaster as their pattern.

And neither do you. My assessments are based upon the precedent set in the beginning of the game. Your assessments are based on your ethical belief.

As far as what's acceptable, that will vary from person to person. For most people it boils down to shock value. If something is egregious and actively manipulative like augment glitching most people will shy away from it. But if it's a small gain like stacking PvP serendipitous relics or the PvE equivalent of that (hi merc crit stacking and sniper orbital stacking) people will use it. That view is poorly thought out. It amounts to saying exploiting in small amounts is ok, but exploiting at a noticeable level is not ok. Needless to say that's not consistent.

My assessment was only in regards to comparing blatant abuse of broken code, to the use of PvE armorings in PvP and vice versa. This has been in the game since launch, is not considered broken, and irrelevant to the comparison he made. Read my post again and see the highlighted text.

Everybody will draw their own line in the sand, but I personally draw it at anything that actively manipulates algorithms for gains that would otherwise be impossible. This includes things like augment glitching and /stuck. Things which must be actively exploited. The application of action means the bonus of exploiting will be applied unevenly and is thus unacceptable. Passive manipulation for me -is- fine. That means it's equally applicable and accessible to everybody and can be used as a competitive advantage. Naked pvp, crafted gear, stacking power, mixing and matching/doubling up pvp/pve bonuses all fall under this category. It's a simple objective test then to determine if an exploit is allowable under those conditions. Ultimately this is only for my own ethical consistency. I try not to worry too much about what other people do.

Again, your basis is solely based on what you personally deem acceptable as stated previously. You cannot base your argument on this. Augment glitching was fixed, double relics was fixed, etc. These are abuses and they were dealt with by Bioware, and anyone who used them was exploiting (passive or otherwise). The crafted level 54 gear issue will be fixed, and anyone who uses it is exploiting.

Beyond that, yes, at ID we will go to any length to gain a competitive advantage and to be better players. That's what makes us the best. It's called hardcore and I'm fairly certain you would do anything you could to gain a competitive pve advantage were the encounters actually difficult. It's what the best do. It's why you value server first. We put in effort, time, and forethought to gain an advantage. We also brought this to the attention of the devs numerous times because we want to ultimately see a pvp experience with intuitive and intelligent rules. It's better for the game and frankly it's even better for the hardcore. We're only going to get better.

Actually we shoot for US firsts (and we do it without PTS testing). Thanks.

Regards,

KK

Edited by Krazy_Karl

...has been happening since the advent of the game. If it was an exploit, it would have been fixed or there would be a response from the developers about it.

Regards,

KK

Shooting under the force fields in Voidstar.

Your justification is flawed.

Thx,

T!

Shooting under the force fields in Voidstar.

Your justification is flawed.

Thx,

T!

Using set bonuses specifically designed for PvP in PvE and vice versa has been happening since the advent of the game and have never been considered a bug by the developers or players. If it was an exploit, it would have been fixed or there would be a response from the developers about it.

My argument is based upon the comparison of two things. A bug with bolster and the use of PvE armorings in PvP and vice versa.

Nice try selectively quoting my post.

Regards,

KK

Edited by Krazy_Karl

My post was not an assessment of anything beyond your own logic in claiming to know Bioware's methodology. I did not counter claim to know what they planned or will plan beyond what they directly state. I then explained one philosophy behind 'exploits' and how it might be perceived, which is obviously going to be a personal bias. It's a logically consistent and applicable one though. Again, you misunderstood my post if you thought it was an assessment of Bioware. Kudos on going for US first though and I mean that. There's not enough hardcore players.

My post was not an assessment of anything beyond your own logic in claiming to know Bioware's methodology. I did not counter claim to know what they planned or will plan beyond what they directly state. I then explained one philosophy behind 'exploits' and how it might be perceived, which is obviously going to be a personal bias. It's a logically consistent and applicable one though. Again, you misunderstood my post if you thought it was an assessment of Bioware. Kudos on going for US first though and I mean that. There's not enough hardcore players.

You actually made my point stronger, as my assessment of their methodology was indeed based upon their previous approach to how PvE set bonuses functions in PvP and vice versa. You're right, I do not know it directly, but my logic was sound.

Philosophy and ethics in regards to exploits is largely irrelevant.

Abusing an obvious bug for gains, whether actively or passively is exploiting. You can argue semantics with this language all you want, but the point still remains: It is something that is not intended to be happening with the game mechanics (your own words).

Regards,

KK

Edited by Krazy_Karl

You actually made my point stronger, as my assessment of their methodology was indeed based upon their previous approach to how PvE functions in PvP and vice versa. You're right, I do not know it directly, but my logic was sound.

Philosophy and ethics in regards to exploits is largely irrelevant.

Abusing an obvious bug for gains, whether actively or passively is exploiting. You can argue semantics with this language all you want, but the point still remains: It is something that is not intended to be happening with the game mechanics (your own words).

Regards,

KK

They don't have a consistent approach to anything and anyone claiming to not have used double stacking bonuses in PvE or stacking power relics or PvP armorings in PvE or grouped with anyone who used said exploits (stated goal is PvE BiS for PvE) is either lying or ignorant of their BiS potential. I'm not claiming to know their methodology, I'm claiming to know their pattern is completely inconsistent based on the history of them changing things. I won't go over large scale pve changes because I'm not as familiar with that, but with PvP their focus has consistently been unpredictably wild from day one (they are just now investigating /stuck/***?). To say you can find a precedent amidst the carnage of developing that has occurred is like claiming you can accurately predict the weather every single day.

Edited by Ryvirath