Server Transfers ~ What will YOU do?

Reginlief

I've actually been lurking in PoT5's forum lately.

Just wondering how often skirmishes break out that lead to full scale warfare.

Frequently. We cause trouble on section x, black hole, and now makeb all the time. Best world pvp is when we decide to base bust section x's republic base or makeb's republic starport. :)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frequently. We cause trouble on section x, black hole, and now makeb all the time. Best world pvp is when we decide to bust section x's republic base or makeb's republic starport. :)

Sounds Luke fun. :D

I'm still hesitant to transfer because the majority of the people I talk to on this server seem to have no intention of moving. Not only that I wouldn't be surprise if BW announces that cross server PvP will be coming about a month after all the mass transfers. So, I would end up feeling as if I just supported a get rich quick scheme. :(

Sounds Luke fun. :D

I'm still hesitant to transfer because the majority of the people I talk to on this server seem to have no intention of moving. Not only that I wouldn't be surprise if BW announces that cross server PvP will be coming about a month after all the mass transfers. So, I would end up feeling as if I just supported a get rich quick scheme. :(

I heard ya, just figure I would put the plug in for the server I know, love and support!

im transferring to a better game LOL *giggle* *snort* *burp*

Games right now that are the keybind type mmos include Wow and swtor. So not really anywhere to go at the moment. GW2 has good ideas but the playstyle just isn't the same.

Well, now that I know the costs and the fact that the buffs will come with me, I decided to transfer my sentinel and my operative. Maybe, just maybe, my vanguard, because it was my first, and although I don't like it anymore, I could respec it to a tank. Edited by JeffSantos

im transferring to a better game LOL *giggle* *snort* *burp*

Right now there's no online game that interests me. If I had to to quit swtor, I'd entirely focus on solo games that I haven't played yet or that I haven't finished, like Dead Space, Metro, Bioshock 1 and 2 (I finished Infinite, best game of the year hands down) and so on. Btw, I don't even care about the pvp update on octobe (thats a lie, I admit it), I just wanna play Batman Arkham Origins lol

Edited by JeffSantos

Right now there's no online game that interests me. If I had to to quit swtor, I'd entirely focus on solo games that I haven't played yet or that I haven't finished, like Dead Space, Metro, Bioshock 1 and 2 (I finished Infinite, best game of the year hands down) and so on. Btw, I don't even care about the pvp update on octobe (thats a lie, I admit it), I just wanna play Batman Arkham Origins lol

i know theres no better alternative and i think its sad thats the only reason people give for sticking around

i know theres no better alternative and i think its sad thats the only reason people give for sticking around

I stay here because I actually like it, despite all the problems. But considering that this might be true for so many others, then yeah, I agree with you, that's really sad.

Even if transfers were free, I wouldn't jump through the hoops of character moves, name changes, pressuring guildmates into going with me (and losing the ones who didn't), etc., just so EA & Bioware can continue to crank out cartel garbage instead of supporting their game with proper content, features, and fixes. Most of the friends and guildmates I've talked to feel the same way.

I still like the game and will keep playing and having fun, but my BS meter is already capped out ;)

Edited by Legendari

Even if transfers were free, I wouldn't jump through the hoops of character moves, name changes, pressuring guildmates into going with me (and losing the ones who didn't), etc., just so EA & Bioware can continue to crank out cartel garbage instead of supporting their game with proper content, features, and fixes. Most of the friends and guildmates I've talked to feel the same way.

I still like the game and will keep playing and having fun, but my BS meter is already capped out ;)

Have fun still not queueing ranked on your dead server.

I like how the transfers cost an amount of cartel coins you cant directly buy so you have to pay for more than you need, and you can ONLY transfer with cartel coins

Is silly you can only transfer with coins, but it is nice that you can subsidize some of the cost with the coins you get every month for subscribing.

EDIT: Also allows for people with many toons to get somewhat of a discount since they can buy coins in bulk. Still should be a cash option though.

Edited by iRedRIng

Is silly you can only transfer with coins, but it is nice that you can subsidize some of the cost with the coins you get every month for subscribing.

EDIT: Also allows for people with many toons to get somewhat of a discount since they can buy coins in bulk. Still should be a cash option though.

ya it was clever how they released the cartel coin heavy update before charging for transfers so that anyone who was saving cartel coins most likely spent them to re-customize their characters so now if they also wanted to transfer they'd have to spend money

oh bioware, so clever

ya it was clever how they released the cartel coin heavy update before charging for transfers so that anyone who was saving cartel coins most likely spent them to re-customize their characters so now if they also wanted to transfer they'd have to spend money

oh bioware, so clever

Many people also paid for name changes. If you wanted a name change and wanted to switch servers, you could just take your name on the new server and then transfer. Boom. Free name change.

Many people also paid for name changes. If you wanted a name change and wanted to switch servers, you could just take your name on the new server and then transfer. Boom. Free name change.

lol, only reason i havent paid for a name change was because they promised subs a free one that they haven't yet delivered on

"NOTE: Subscribers receive one free Character Rename (one per account), coming in June. Not a Subscriber? Subscribe now."

yep still on the 2.1 page

Edited by bigheadbrandon

So, if I where to transfer I have six characters that I'd want to transfer. That means I'd need 10,800 cartel coins. In other words I'm looking at having to pay 90$ so that I might find my way to greener pastures. That's just absurd.

I swear, BW is more interested in get rich quick schemes than giving us more content. Hell, I bet they announce cross server about a month after people emptied out their wallets to transfer.

I just don't understand what's with the lack of ranked on this server. I see plenty of people grouping up for regular WZs but they don't formed ranked groups? Just, what the ****...

I used to really enjoy this game and had a lot of hope for it. Now, I just don't know anymore.

So, if I where to transfer I have six characters that I'd want to transfer. That means I'd need 10,800 cartel coins. In other words I'm looking at having to pay 90$ so that I might find my way to greener pastures. That's just absurd.

I swear, BW is more interested in get rich quick schemes than giving us more content. Hell, I bet they announce cross server about a month after people emptied out their wallets to transfer.

I just don't understand what's with the lack of ranked on this server. I see plenty of people grouping up for regular WZs but they don't formed ranked groups? Just, what the ****...

I used to really enjoy this game and had a lot of hope for it. Now, I just don't know anymore.

15 per toon isn't bad when you consider most other games have it at 25 dollars per character and you have to pay cash. Here you can pay with some of the coins they give you. Plus, no need to transfer all 6. Can't imagine you actually play them all.

15 per tofew fson isn't bad when you consiseed aaqawdder most other games have it at 25 dollars per character and you have to pay cash. Here you can pay with some of the coins they give you. Plus, no need to transfer all 6. Can't imagine you actually play them all.

I actually have 13. Currently only six are at 55.

One I haven't felt like playing lately. Three I'm definitely playing and the other two I kind of feel like playing.

It just feels like I'm gambling because there is really no guarantee I'll be happier on another server. Plus all the people I know are staying here. Of course there's that possibility I'll find a guild I'll immediately want to join on PoT5. I kind of miss being in an active and, to be honest, none of the guilds on this server are really appealing to me right now.:(

I actually have 13. Currently only six are at 55.

One I haven't felt like playing lately. Three I'm definitely playing and the other two I kind of feel like playing.

It just feels like I'm gambling because there is really no guarantee I'll be happier on another server. Plus all the people I know are staying here. Of course there's that possibility I'll find a guild I'll immediately want to join on PoT5. I kind of miss being in an active and, to be honest, none of the guilds on this server are really appealing to me right now.:(

Honestly probably not much reason for you as an individual to transfer. I prefer the people on pot5 more cause they are all trolls who think they are better than everyone else. Asking who is the best marauder on fleet will likely cause a storm. But as far as moving for normal warzones, pretty silly to do so imo.

Guess some people are going to fit right in! Enjoy that :)

Don't think you could argue against either of those points. Trolling morons is fun and we are indeed better than everyone else. :p We don't advertise our ranked rating that we got by playing with other guilds though.

Honestly probably not much reason for you as an individual to transfer. I prefer the people on pot5 more cause they are all trolls who think they are better than everyone else. Asking who is the best marauder on fleet will likely cause a storm. But as far as moving for normal warzones, pretty silly to do so imo.

There are trolls and people with ego problems over here too.:(

Personally, I don't really think it's silly to move for regular WZs. It's very possible that right now the quality of PvP on PoT5 is better than what we have now. And really, my concern with transfers is that a majority of the good PvPers may jump ship. Maybe not right away, but with the option dangling over their heads they may take it. So, it's very possible for the quality of PvP over here to turn to ****. So, if transferring means more intense PvP matches opposed to the majority of WZs being filled with steam rolling, then, I'd say it's worth it.

Of course, I may actually want to do ranked PvP at some point. So, in the long run, it may be in my best interest to move. Plus, those large scale open world PvP battles they have going on PoT5 sound like lots of potentially fun. I still remember that time when section X had some open world PvP going on and we ended up hanging out in the rep base. :D

Also, I like to troll the trolls. :o

P.S. There are people on this server I wouldn't mind getting away from and sometimes it's just time to move on. Besides, I always have the option of leaving characters here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.