Remove Subs completely

Wopr

What if they just total remove a monthly sub fee and go with a F2P like they do now and have the option to buy with cc's on what we want to unlock. It would be a custom game to your style.

What if they just total remove a monthly sub fee and go with a F2P like they do now and have the option to buy with cc's on what we want to unlock. It would be a custom game to your style.

How does the existence of a sub option keep you or anyone from doing so? With the access to the escrow finally here, you can go F2P and unlock what you want/need for your custom game.

Edited by KyaniteD

well i would say the around 82 to 88 mil a year they get from subs would be a good reason for them not too.

they said just under 500k subs so between 460 and 490k subs. that's a ton of money to toss away to go to a payment model that gives you 0 guarantied return.

EDIT:edited amounts half asleep and wasn't paying attention. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nagadeath

If you like to be F2P and don't want to sub then go to F2P and don't sub. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should rob other people with the option to have the package.

Please respect people, the game doesn't revolve around you.

well i would say the around 100 to 106 mil a year they get from subs would be a good reason for them not too.

they said just under 500k subs so between 560 and 590k subs. that's a ton of money to toss away to go to a payment model that gives you 0 guarantied return.

Well I do agree it would be large lost if they kept the same system in place without subs. I was thinking more on a revamp on cc prices for items then what the cost is now. Maybe as an example if you want to have Cathar unlock or any race it would cost you 25 cc's. The cost of cc's would have to change if theres no sub, its more of just an idea on how to make subs and none subs happy. By the way I'm on the side of the subs I don't like how 2.1 went down but instead of getting upset and angry I wanted to see what could work for both parties, and I'm willing to put the 15 bucks into the cc's when I want something.

Well I do agree it would be large lost if they kept the same system in place without subs. I was thinking more on a revamp on cc prices for items then what the cost is now. Maybe as an example if you want to have Cathar unlock or any race it would cost you 25 cc's. The cost of cc's would have to change if theres no sub, its more of just an idea on how to make subs and none subs happy. By the way I'm on the side of the subs I don't like how 2.1 went down but instead of getting upset and angry I wanted to see what could work for both parties, and I'm willing to put the 15 bucks into the cc's when I want something.

25 CCs for a race unlock? I loled. Sounds to me like you're not willing to pay for the coins at their current price and just want everything to be cheap as hell.

Entitlement these days..

It looks like they are forcing us in this direction. They don't care about subs at all. The only thing that matters is how many different types of lottery tickets you can buy and how many of them you are in fact buying.

25 CCs for a race unlock? I loled. Sounds to me like you're not willing to pay for the coins at their current price and just want everything to be cheap as hell.

Entitlement these days..

Im thinking more of a all around of unlocks. storage, cargo, bank, other races etc...there's ALOT of items you can unlock and it will add up. The price was just a example in fact this is all just a idea.

Im thinking more of a all around of unlocks. storage, cargo, bank, other races etc...there's ALOT of items you can unlock and it will add up. The price was just a example in fact this is all just a idea.

Personally, I would consider many small fine-grained, detailed payments a hassle. Too easy to lose track of the costs, too. Sub is convenient for me and Bioware: I have a fixed monthly cost I can plan for (that I know will pay for all I need to play the game the way I want) and Bioware has a fixed monthly income they can plan on.

No, very unlikely. There is too much of a difference between subs and f2p just unsubscribe and you will soon find out. I can not think why would anyone give up on a steady income from a group that will continue to subscribe for as long as there is a difference between subs and f2p.

Would be cool, if they removed sub and made everything available for cartel coins.

And then they hopefully make a flat rate including all the weekly passes, the med droids, char slots, credit acount size, etc.... and maybe they can then just call that... hrmm... lemme think... subscription would be a nice name and they could make it cost 15€ per month.... oh and they could maybe add some 500 CC in that package, sounds about nice.

Actually i think they could get more money by removing subs however unlocks should be timely bound.

For example you buy a unify armor unlock wich lasts 30 or 45 days. This way they could make sure that you have to spend money every cycle while in the same time gaining more money (each of the single items would cost more than a single sub right now).

Permanent Unlocks would be a very bad move from BW/EA because they would cause people not to spend money on a regular basis!

I personally prefer the sub system we got since release wich got enhanced whan f2p was launched.

Actually i think they could get more money by removing subs however unlocks should be timely bound.

For example you buy a unify armor unlock wich lasts 30 or 45 days. This way they could make sure that you have to spend money every cycle while in the same time gaining more money (each of the single items would cost more than a single sub right now).

Permanent Unlocks would be a very bad move from BW/EA because they would cause people not to spend money on a regular basis!

I personally prefer the sub system we got since release wich got enhanced whan f2p was launched.

That would never happen. Everything is random now... don't you know? They are going to remove subs and have you buy random unlocks via the Cartel Market in "Unlock Packs". Some last for 24 minutes some for 24 days. Some are for War Zones, some for Flash Points, some for Class Missions. Just keep buying those lottery tickets folks. Good Luck!

Yeah, I'd be all for that. I posted something about this the other day.

This would not be a bad idea, as long as the benefits for subbing are rolled into the F2P/Premium package.

LOL, why would they do that? Take away the sub fee but the subs keep everything they have now? Free subs for everyone, lol.

How does the existence of a sub option keep you or anyone from doing so? With the access to the escrow finally here, you can go F2P and unlock what you want/need for your custom game.

That's not really the point. It would eliminate all this constant whining and complaining about the CM. The "I'm a sub so I should get everything for free" mentality would be gone. People would just get exactly what they pay for.

Are people that upset about a fluff feature that much that they would want to pay even more money for a total F2P option?! 500 CC = $5 on average so if you sub now you A LOT of features that sub offers now plus an extra 500+ CC per month. So you want to just give all that up because you have to pay a little extra to change your hair color?!! Seriously?!

Since buying unlocks on a weekly basis would add up to far more than my monthly sub price I would just quit the game if they ever did this.

Yep that would make me quit this game too. I love the game but not enough to pay to play. These people are having a cow over fluff, imagine if people had to pay for important game content.!

Since buying unlocks on a weekly basis would add up to far more than my monthly sub price I would just quit the game if they ever did this.

Woah woah woah. Unlocks on a weekly basis? You mean "Unlock Packs". Random unlocks from a pack that last for a random amount of time. Save up your money and hope that you get that rare 30 day unlock of your choosing. EA needs it. They are in business to make money after all. Or didn't you hear? $15,000,000 every single month isn't nearly enough to run this game after all.

Yep that would make me quit this game too. I love the game but not enough to pay to play. These people are having a cow over fluff, imagine if people had to pay for important game content.!

They remind of children throwing tantrums. You know the ones when the parents don't buy them with what they want then they start yelling how they hate the parents and think everything in life is meaningless. And we all know they come back to their senses eventually.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.