What's the reasoning behind Vanguards/PTs not have an execute post 2.0?

Aelaias

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try again, that's not a reason.

its an extremely valid reason. This is not a game where all classes are identical. There are subtle differences for each class, that make them not so subtly different from each other.

Otherwise you could be playing your sniper with the same rotation you use to tank on your jugger, and thinking you are on your sorc.

But hey, who wants things to be different these days? I WANT SMASH SPEC ON MY PT TYVM

its an extremely valid reason. This is not a game where all classes are identical. There are subtle differences for each class, that make them not so subtly different from each other.

Otherwise you could be playing your sniper with the same rotation you use to tank on your jugger, and thinking you are on your sorc.

But hey, who wants things to be different these days? I WANT SMASH SPEC ON MY PT TYVM

This is a bunch of nonsense; stop trying to appear reasonable, you are failing. There is nothing subtle about the differences between a vigilance guardian or a rage marauder and a pyro or a tactics vanguard.

I get the feeling you don't play a vanguard or a powertech. Not all classes are identical but different classes usually have identical roles, mdps in this instance. Pre-2.0 assault/pyro were able to stack damage in a manner which made execute superfluous. That's gone and there is nothing in it's place. So it is completely reasonable that the class get an execute ability to bring it in line with other class' effectiveness.

Your idea of class difference requires a bit of maturation. If EAware makes it so HiB hits as hard as smash and stacks with another high-damaging ability which allows for a meaningful burst in the absence of an execute attack well, that would make the class substantially different. At the moment the only "difference" distinguishing the class is its remarkeable ineffectiveness.

PS. Guess what snipers and SWs have in common. That's right, it's an execute attack.

Edited by Aelaias

And yet the pyro tree does have an execute talent. And it's more than many other classes get.

Come again? This I want to know, I impatiently await my enlightenment.

Edited by Aelaias

Powertech was overpowered for the majority of the game, and popular because of it.

It had good burst in exchange for crap defensives and utility. The only people it was OP against were puggers in recruit.

Only reasons I could come up with were, they have a baseline pull, a 2 sec aoe stun,ranged aoe taunt, and the ability to if needed attack from range(as crappy as the damage may be).

The only unique ability in there is the 2.5 second pbaoe stun. The pull is < leap. Why don't you now consider what snipers and shadows have... in addition to their execute.

Edited by Aelaias