Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woot?

Armor argument is just as good as anything else. Item is an item.

I am only concerned with toys here. Items which cost real money, for 6 months their primary feature was the ability to share them with friends and alts which i actively took advantage of. Suddenly it's gone and I am to pay extra $ in order to enjoy those items in the way I used to.

But since Eric Musco confirmed that using legacy weapons to transfer crystal dupes to alts is not an exploit - i am willing to let it go. xD The amount of credits it may save can be used to purchase desired toys for other characters.

Correct, using a Legacy Weapon to move a Color Crystal which you pulled down from your Collections UI is not an exploit.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The only thing changing about them is the toys becoming bound because you can pay a small one time cartel coin fee to unlock them for all characters on your account. It doesn't make sense to leave them as able to be used and tossed around freely.

So again the Armor arguement is invalid.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

Eaware Says NO!, if you want to play with your toys you have to be a good boy and buy them again and again until you will have to give your piggybank a gruesome death with a sledgehammer while crying yourself out until you realise that it actually feels good and you give into the darkside and start steeling money from your parents, and that will feed the beast for a while..... until collections 6.0 comes out

Your Love makes me Strong. Your Hate makes me Unstoppable.

The only thing changing about them is the toys becoming bound because you can pay a small one time cartel coin fee to unlock them for all characters on your account. It doesn't make sense to leave them as able to be used and tossed around freely.

So again the Armor arguement is invalid.

I agree with you on this.

However, you are wasting your time. Alec has dug his heels in on this and nothing will satisfy unless they remove the bind feature on them (a feature that frankly should have been there on the day they patched the toys into the game IMO). If pets are bound, toys should be bound as well (and should show on the skill UI, and not be an inventory item either IMO). That's two things they did wrong with toys when they patched them in initially.

Edited by Andryah

But it wasn't. And that's the point.

But it is now, and it should have been from day one. That's the point.

Take the Orb, and the Kolto Tank, and Carbonite Chamber for example. FUNCTIONAL toys.... that should become skills on you skills tab when you first use them, just like speeders and pets and the actual skills they replace for regeneration.

Edited by Andryah

Small fee? I am sorry, but 600 coins is far from small. Things like ball toss and banners are not just the toys i am on about. I am more thinking about things like Life day Orb, Music Probe (600 coins), Carbonite Chamber, Revan's statue and more. Unlocking those would take over 6 months if I was to use the coins I am getting with sub. Otherwise it's an equivalent of a new video game. It's not small. up to 100 coins i'd accept.

Sudden change of an item after 6 months is not cool. They are different items now since they have lost one of their primary function - ability to trade with others characters.

I love how easy it is for you to argue for the change since don't give a darn and you're not even using those items.

Put yourselves in case of players who spent real money / millions of hard earned credits to buy items which are suddenly changed into something else after 6 months. Without any notice or even a hint.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Small fee? I am sorry, but 600 coins is far from small. Things like ball toss and banners are not just the toys i am on about. I am more thinking about things like Life day Orb, Music Probe (600 coins), Carbonite Chamber, Revan's statue and more. Unlocking those would take over 6 months if I was to use the coins I am getting with sub. Otherwise it's an equivalent of a new video game. It's not small. up to 100 coins i'd accept.

You sir are completly rigth so your argument is invalid

Well they are toys and vanity items. If you want them so badly you don't have to pay cartel coins you can buy them off the GTN for credits. Or you can suck it up and pay the fee.

Now what you should really be arguing for is a lower cost of the unlock down from 600. Maybe then Bioware will care about your concern, otherwise you're just wasting your time for nothing.

Sudden change of an item after 6 months is not cool. They are different items now since they have lost one of their primary function - ability to trade with others characters.

The items you listed above clearly have value... and they are rare. CC prices are based on these parameters.

But hey... you have 230M credits.. right? Why are you carping about CC coin unlocks.. just buy one for each of your characters off the GTN and move on. Wealthy people are sometimes the cheapest people, and complain the loudest when they have to actually purchase something instead of having it "comped" to them.

Edited by Andryah

Well they are toys and vanity items. If you want them so badly you don't have to pay cartel coins you can buy them off the GTN for credits. Or you can suck it up and pay the fee.

Now what you should really be arguing for is a lower cost of the unlock down from 600. Maybe then Bioware will care about your concern, otherwise you're just wasting your time for nothing.

Reno, problem is I bought completely different items over the last 6 months and suddenly they got changed into something else that demands me to pay extra if I want to keep sharing them with my other characters.

But hey... you have 230M credits.. right? Why are you carping about CC coin unlocks.. just buy one for each of your characters off the GTN and move on. Wealthy people are sometimes the cheapest people, and complain the loudest when they have to actually purchase something instead of having it "comped" to them

How do you think they get wealthy? :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

How do you think they get wealthy? :)

If they accumulate wealth in excess to the point that any purchase becomes trivial.... and then refuse to spend the wealth at trivial levels, and complain that they don't want to pay for someting.. they are hypocrites IMO.

Edited by Andryah

I honestly don't see what the entire issue here is. It seems to me that they merely changed the "Bind On" requirements for certain CM items (the ones considered toys, to be precise).

Issue is: I was able to freely share the toys with friends and my other characters. Now I can't share them with friends but I can share them with account characters if I will pay high fees. I didn't have to do it over the past 6 months. I paid for those toys once already and I paid because I liked the features they had and I believed I'll be able to use them freely in the same manner for ever.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Issue is: I was able to freely share the toys with friends and my other characters. Now I can't share them with friends but I can share them with account characters if I will pay high fees. I didn't have to do it over the past 6 months.

Your issue is completely contrived, because you have in game wealth to purchase more then you can ever use or have friends in game to buy them for.. AND still have more in game wealth then you know what to do with.

Issue is: I was able to freely share the toys with friends and my other characters. Now I can't share them with friends but I can share them with account characters if I will pay high fees. I didn't have to do it over the past 6 months.

Easy Fix, since you claim to be wealthy. Buy off the GTN and move on.

Easy Fix, since you claim to be wealthy. Buy off the GTN and move on.

It's not I am the only one not happy about it. There are players who are not even close to having so many credits as I do. Remember that only a small portion of players comes to forums. I am out from here hoping for a dev response to a sudden change to already-paid-for items.

So because I am wealthy it means everyone else and less-wealthy players like CelCawdro should pay either high real money fees or millions of credits on top of what they have paid initially before the changes? :( Sad.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Well, here is the thing. Your paying for the item, and I suppose you are paying an unlimited duplication fee.

Once you pay that fee you get unlimited copies forever. No need to transfer it back and forth any more, now every character can have one.

I was a bit concerned at first when I noticed the toys are now a bind on use item, but I think demand and value for the toys needed to be boosted a bit.

So essentially I'm ok with it.

Well, here is the thing. Your paying for the item, and I suppose you are paying an unlimited duplication fee.

Once you pay that fee you get unlimited copies forever. No need to transfer it back and forth any more, now every character can have one.

I was a bit concerned at first when I noticed the toys are now a bind on use item, but I think demand and value for the toys needed to be boosted a bit.

I don't think so. Party probes, holostatues or kolto tanks - they were already very expensive. And collections didn't change their prices that hard.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

To be completely honest, I really don't mind, either. I just take issue with people who trivialize the retroactive changes, because those complaints are completely justified. People bought those items, possibly with real money, as they were. They may not have done the same with those items as they are now. If people take issue with that, they're very much entitled to be aggravated. :)

Just because a change doesn't bother you, it does not mean that anyone it does bother should be belittled and bullied.

It's not I am the only one not happy about it. There are players who are not even close to having so many credits as I do. Remember that only a small portion of players comes to forums. I am out from here hoping for a dev response to a sudden change to already-paid-for items.

So because I am wealthy it means everyone else and less-wealthy players like CelCawdro should pay either high real money fees or millions of credits on top of what they have paid initially before the changes? :( Sad.

Bioware has no responsibilities or obligations towards people who don't know how to become wealthy in this game. There are many ways to make credits in this game that it is silly. I'm sorry I have no pity for those people.

So again either pay the small time CC fee or earn credits in-game to buy it off the gtn. There is no valid argument here.