Server Transfers

Jaddis

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So some have already heard, and some have speculated, but ITK is moving when transfers open. Most likely to The Bastion.

I only speak for myself here, but I am excited to go with a group of my friends. People have their own reasons for wanting to leave or stay, but a lot of us play this game to play with friends and/or family. My friends primarily pvp. I've been committed to the ranked scene here on Begeren Colony but the prospect of ranked queues all night is vastly appealing. Sadly, that type of atmosphere is just not achievable on Begeren. When I approached the topic with my guild it was almost instantly unanimous.

I like ranked because the competition of eight coordinated players versus another eight is just fun. The joy of going to a server with ranked every night is that if we have to cancel for one night, it won't put two weeks between us being able to do ranked. I'm not going to get my rating up, or gear faster, or flex an epeen. I simply enjoy ranked. I'm going to be able to queue with less limitations, and continue playing with my friends.

I will miss a lot of people here. There are people who have been legitimately awesome to be around. I understand why they want to stay, but ultimately, everyone has a right to manage their own happiness. If they aren't getting what they want here, they are always welcome to try and find it elsewhere. It's a game, do what you enjoy in it.

In a perfect world, BW would just give us cross server queues. But there is no talk of them being even remotely on the horizon. They'd rather take our money for now.

So for me, yep, I'll be moving.

If I decide to come back to the game seriously (very doubtful) it will depend what Dragon, Reshrewe, Eagleye, and Combaticus decide on. If they stay ill stay and if they leave ill either follow or move to The Shadowlands server. I love BC mainly because of Vrook Lamar players so I hope as many Vrookies stay as possible, or at least we all go to the same server

In the meantime League of Legends and my favorite old game Republic Commando will keep me busy

If I decide to come back to the game seriously (very doubtful) it will depend what Dragon, Reshrewe, Eagleye, and Combaticus decide on. If they stay ill stay and if they leave ill either follow or move to The Shadowlands server. I love BC mainly because of Vrook Lamar players so I hope as many Vrookies stay as possible, or at least we all go to the same server

In the meantime League of Legends and my favorite old game Republic Commando will keep me busy

If you're leaving tor to play a MOBA I'm dissapointed you're not playing dota 2 :/

I'm mainly looking forward to Wildstar and ESO.

Sorta sucks. The idea of a Star Wars MMO is so awesome, it's crazy how badly EA handled it. However just thinking about how bad they continue to make this game and how much old content they rehash just makes me disappointed

I have been a member of BC since I started swtor and I highly doubt I will be leaving here, because while pvp pops may not be as frequent as other servers primarily orientated on pvp I find the people here allot more fun to be around!

Oh and Deyvon my bro is considering transferring to BC when transfers come :D

I have been a member of BC since I started swtor and I highly doubt I will be leaving here, because while pvp pops may not be as frequent as other servers primarily orientated on pvp I find the people here allot more fun to be around!

Oh and Deyvon my bro is considering transferring to BC when transfers come :D

Niiiiice! Now I just have to convince him to be an Imp. >:D Then ill have my pocket tank and heals again! Lol xD

Edited by Trixdope

I was on the PTS... briefly. My thoughts echo those of Desii and Flux; I won't be transferring to a server where I'll have to support someone named xxIOWNZURMOMLOLZxx, while they spend every warzone chasing people around emoting, "u mad bro?" There're plenty of people making movies right now, with more entertainment potential in their fingernail clippings than these people, and I would never, ever go to see a single one of their films; so I'm not going to subject myself to that kind of crap, if I don't have to.

This is a video game. I don't really care about overall skill level, or being better than anyone, or whatever, because none of that translates into anything tangible. If I care about anything, on that level, it's not playing poorly, and I say that self-consciously, as even that is just an ego thing. To my mind, video games are all about escapism, and, for me, that's largely affected by the community. I like the community that we have here, so I'll be staying, provided that the community remains.

I was on the PTS... briefly. My thoughts echo those of Desii and Flux; I won't be transferring to a server where I'll have to support someone named xxIOWNZURMOMLOLZxx, while they spend every warzone chasing people around emoting, "u mad bro?" There're plenty of people making movies right now, with more entertainment potential in their fingernail clippings than these people, and I would never, ever go to see a single one of their films; so I'm not going to subject myself to that kind of crap, if I don't have to.

This is a video game. I don't really care about overall skill level, or being better than anyone, or whatever, because none of that translates into anything tangible. If I care about anything, on that level, it's not playing poorly, and I say that self-consciously, as even that is just an ego thing. To my mind, video games are all about escapism, and, for me, that's largely affected by the community. I like the community that we have here, so I'll be staying, provided that the community remains.

That is some extraordinary vocabulary you have gunsmoke:eek:

That is some extraordinary vocabulary you have gunsmoke:eek:

My felicitations upon your accession to a new server locale! Moreover, I would like to concatenate my agreement and approval regarding Gunsmoke's paean to the gestalt of our community.

Edit: Livia implies that "zeitgeist" better reflects my intent than "gestalt", but I reject her editorial whim! REJECT IT I SAY!

Edited by Khalhazar

I think a lot of players have quit cause of how EA handled this game, I come on from time to time to do PvE, but I play LOL now cause its better PvP than what SWTOR has right now.

When EA and Bioware actually wise up and fixes the problem, I believe a lot more will comeback, as for transferring. I'll probably just follow all the Vrookies or hit an East coast server.

I think a lot of players have quit cause of how EA handled this game, I come on from time to time to do PvE, but I play LOL now cause its better PvP than what SWTOR has right now.

When EA and Bioware actually wise up and fixes the problem, I believe a lot more will comeback, as for transferring. I'll probably just follow all the Vrookies or hit an East coast server.

You better not quit LoL

My felicitations upon your accession to a new server locale! Moreover, I would like to concatenate my agreement and approval regarding Gunsmoke's paean to the gestalt of our community.

Edit: Livia implies that "zeitgeist" better reflects my intent than "gestalt", but I reject her editorial whim! REJECT IT I SAY!

I'm gob smacked :eek:

So where did you get your education?

Actually i lied before :( I'm deeply considering quitting (again) because this game really is just messed up in almost every way but the community that plays it and i wanna find out what this thing people keep talking about called "a life" is!

I am still contemplating whether I want to transfer over to POT5 or remain here on BC. Most of my best friends were from Knights of Tython, but have unfortunately left the game. Besides retaliation and a few pub guilds, there aren't many friends I have left from Ieldis that still actively play. I live on the east coast, so the time zone change will be nice as well as ranked being more active. I really enjoy the tight knit community here and like how ranked is becoming more and more active each week. If I do end up switching over, I'll most likely leave ogconfucius and og'clutchbossman here.

BC is going to be dead as a door nail when server transfers hit

I'm going to get serious w/ swtor probably late August so I'm transferring to The Shadowlands or The Bastion then

It's been real BC!

Edited by Riggz

I don't think BC will die, Urd. I think the PvP community is going to take a pretty big hit due to a lot of PvPers looking for more competition, but most guilds as wholes will not be going anywhere. Grim, Retaliation, Ascension, and Infamous will still be there doing PvP, not to mention all the good PvE guilds we have right now.

Also, come to Bastion, then we can stab things together.

BC is going to be dead as a door nail when server transfers hit

I'm going to get serious w/ swtor probably late August so I'm transferring to The Shadowlands or The Bastion then

It's been real BC!

I know I'm going to regret posting here. I hope people leave, I WISH everyone that didn't role play would leave and find a server where they can do what they really want to do. People leaving here will not kill our server, hopefully it will just get rid of people who should never have rolled on an RP server to begin with. Realistically people will just go to the greener patch of grass on the other side of the server wall. As for the rest of us, we will get along just fine without, as we have before.

I know I'm going to regret posting here. I hope people leave, I WISH everyone that didn't role play would leave and find a server where they can do what they really want to do. People leaving here will not kill our server, hopefully it will just get rid of people who should never have rolled on an RP server to begin with. Realistically people will just go to the greener patch of grass on the other side of the server wall. As for the rest of us, we will get along just fine without, as we have before.

The population will be fine. They will lose more than 3 people though likely more than 300. But at the same time you may be getting more from transfers as well.