Developers -- Something wrong with warzones

Hawk_IV

Warzones in the past few months have been getting worse. I got the memo that Warzones were gonna be fixed in 2.0, but it doesn't seem that way. I'm on the Ebon Hawk

There are marauders/sentinels that are moving as fast as force speed (consular/inquisitor ability) with the huttball. There are juggernauts/guardians that take everyones health down to 50% with one move - Force Sweep/Smash. There are players that don't die, without heals, while 5 people focus them down... At the same time some players are focused down in less than a second. There are teams that triple cap because their players can move faster than a scoundrel/operative spamming scamper/exfiltrate even if they're a trooper/bounty hunter.

Warzones are not supposed to work like this.

I have been playing since BETA, and remember the days where Warzones were fun. No, the classes weren't balanced, but it was fun. I remember topping leaderboards because I was on a roll and played well, but still died as much as the guys under me. It was about skill, and some gear. People would get excited for winning and frustrated for losing.

It was normal.

Now I watch my characters die from 2 moves. I spam my defensive cooldowns, but it doesn't help. I get the best gear - doesn't help. I queue in premades - doesn't help, even if we're all geared up.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't every warzone. I still have fun once in a while when I'm playing against good teams. I have good losses and good wins. But most of the time...

It happens when there is a lot of lag. i have a great computer, great internet, and full connection to the servers. I don't experience any lag while PVEing, or in a normal warzone. But when there are players doing impossible feats like I said in the second paragraph, there is a lot of lag.

I don't know if this is hacking or what. But whatever it is, it needs to be fixed. 2.1 maybe?

Come on BioWare, warzones were awesome before, they can be awesome again. I believe in you!

L2p. Everything you listed is an ability in the game that you are unaware of.

Oh you silly elitists.

The issues he's experiencing may well be in-game abilities and known issues with the way the engine handles things, but demeaning him for using the forums the way they were intended serves no purpose.

Find better ways to raise your self-esteem and L2stopbeingachild.

L2p. Everything you listed is an ability in the game that you are unaware of.

Has it ever occurred to you that we KNOW what Transcendence/Predation look like? I PLAY a Combat Sentinel for Pete's sake, complete WITH the skill that allows you to boost it to 80%. There's a difference between that and a speed hack, and we know the difference.

We also know what lag switching looks like and I've also seen players insta-cap doors and nodes with no cast bar. I've seen it enough to know when it looks suspicious.

So how about you stop being so damned condescending and realize that just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't occur on a regular basis?

Has it ever occurred to you that we KNOW what Transcendence/Predation look like? I PLAY a Combat Sentinel for Pete's sake, complete WITH the skill that allows you to boost it to 80%. There's a difference between that and a speed hack, and we know the difference.

We also know what lag switching looks like and I've also seen players insta-cap doors and nodes with no cast bar. I've seen it enough to know when it looks suspicious.

So how about you stop being so damned condescending and realize that just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't occur on a regular basis?

^ This. Thanks Rodney. And yes, one of my favorite characters to play IS a combat sentinel :D

See the problem is, a lot of us PVP too. Daily. For hours at a time often. And don't see any of the things you're talking about aside from lag.

So its really hard to get passionate about this issue since its clearly not some prevalent hacking issue. There are however a lot of *lag* issues, and I'd really like to see that get taken care of but Bioware won't even acknowledge it (even though it is somewhat painfully obvious).

I'm not too quick to call all of them lag issues. I played a match where a player capped the grass turret in ACW no light, didn't even leave stealth, just flipped with no indication...And I was staring at the damn thing the whole time.

It mattered little in the match we won anyways, but it was a little unnerving. I remember a similar situation being exploited in beta, so I wont dismiss it as a hack in anyway. but there are some lingering issues that seem to be addressed.

See the problem is, a lot of us PVP too. Daily. For hours at a time often. And don't see any of the things you're talking about aside from lag.

Since f2p number of cheaters increased. Yes what's described in this post exists. I saw a guy in Hutball scoring and staying behind the line for several seconds but the scoreboard didn't change. There are players that disappear from center and appear instantly in line and score. And of course there are players that their bars don't decrease at all. There are many more examples.

Edited by Athan-Won

I'm not too quick to call all of them lag issues. I played a match where a player capped the grass turret in ACW no light, didn't even leave stealth, just flipped with no indication...And I was staring at the damn thing the whole time.

It mattered little in the match we won anyways, but it was a little unnerving. I remember a similar situation being exploited in beta, so I wont dismiss it as a hack in anyway. but there are some lingering issues that seem to be addressed.

Ironically that sounds exactly like lag. Let's examine. He walks up to turret, starts capping. 8 seconds go by. It flips. Now your client is updated. How is that anything *besides* lag? That's the definition of lag. It's clearly not a cheat otherwise people would use it all the time instead of fighting over a node with no results for 10 minutes.

Edited by dcgregorya

• 3 weeks later...

There are marauders/sentinels that are moving as fast as force speed (consular/inquisitor ability) with the huttball. There are juggernauts/guardians that take everyones health down to 50% with one move - Force Sweep/Smash. There are players that don't die, without heals, while 5 people focus them down... At the same time some players are focused down in less than a second. There are teams that triple cap because their players can move faster than a scoundrel/operative spamming scamper/exfiltrate even if they're a trooper/bounty hunter.

Warzones are not supposed to work like this.

I think people may have missed the highlighted part of this and well, yes, those abilities are well within the game and are working as intended. However, OP is kind of right here. There have been a lot of class/spec changes over the last year yet the warzone maps have not changed. They just were not designed with the way many of these abilities now work.

Warzones really are not working as they were originally designed.

Edited by _Kayko_

Actually, the 2nd poster is right. Everything mentioned ARE L2P issues. All the complaints mentioned are nothing more than just a bunch of empty and meaningless generalizations and exaggerations without specific circumstances and/or context given.

Something's wrong with warzones? I'd bet something's wrong with his/her playstyle.

Edited by kweassa

I think we just need to make a list of known bugs that aren't actually hacks. A few off the top of my head:

Opponent disappears but is still able to attack you from 120+m away. I have been on both ends of this. Just a bug, sometimes happens at inopportune moments but hey, don't go calling the other dude a hacker, this has been around forever.

The pass the ball to teammate auto score bug is still around. Happened the other day, we threw the ball across the first fire to a buddy and all of a sudden it's a cap and the ball reset. Whoops.

Still not convinced this is still around but ill take the word of the team we were playing and say that it is: stealth capping the door on voidstar. We were in a ranked match and way ahead on kills so the cap didn't matter but we got it anyway and the other team accused us of exploiting. We didn't so you know maybe just a bug. I've witnessed it before also.

I just wish people wouldn't always jump to the conclusion that its an exploit/hack, especially when it's against people that they know fairly well and don't need to use such things to win.

And to the OP, yes there are things wrong with warzones right now but mostly just bugs that have been around for a while that keep resurfacing.

Actually, the 2nd poster is right. Everything mentioned ARE L2P issues. All the complaints mentioned are nothing more than just a bunch of empty and meaningless generalizations and exaggerations without specific circumstances and/or context given.

Something's wrong with warzones? I'd bet something's wrong with his/her playstyle.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Remember we are also trying to adapt to the system in 2.0 and to the new bugs/exploits such as bolster - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645792

All of these issues listed by everyone are in-game, I've experienced them, and to you L2Pers = you should play the game so you can experience them too :)

You can tell me to L2P all you want, but I won't notice as I play all level 55 specs in game (All Advanced Classes level 55 with Field Respec, trying everything is really quite fun and I recommend it). <<-- My last remark to you green trolls :p

P.S. Warzones were funner from BETA to 1.5

Ancient Hyergate is not fun compared to the others. It's usually a slaughter. I don't like killing everyone and waiting awkwardly in a room with my team, or I don't like running into a room and having no teammates (because they died)

Two Days ago there was a speed hacker in Void star in my team. The good things is when i wrote a ticket with the chars name. The GM responded in 5 mins and took action. So if u see a hacker just report. Edited by wickedsworld

He has seen it often enough, trust me. People who deny the existence of cheats/hacks to 100% are usually cheaters/hackers temselves, trying to disperse BW's attention.