★ SWTOR Juggernaut Immortal PvP Video ★

JarenWelen: Yes I was using Endurance augments for this video build, I now have the Vindicator set bonus with main gear Partisan with Conqueror ear, implants and relics that are Conqueror Relic of the Fortunate Redoubt and Conqueror Relic of Shield Amplification. I hope this helps.

*thumbs up* Thanks, very helpful! :)

TalonKorr - When Broonmark start's making sense then he will get his companion gifts ;) but really I am on it. +41 End or +41 Exp... I just really really like HP. Yes I am thinking about taking 2 points out of ravager and putting them in Dreadnaught or Decimate..

I totally agree about hit points. Currently I'm at 38.6k with max expertise. From what I've theory crafted on askmrrobot, I should end up with just over 39k.

Not the most stellar play I've seen from a Jugg tank, but not too shabby either. Some mistakes were made, and I have to agree about some of the bad habits (like derp hopping around). But all in all, I give props for at least a decently presented video and gameplay that doesn't involve mind numbing rotations over and over again.

Any idiot can DPS. I mean, you push the same buttons in sequence over and over for the most part, that's about all there is to it. Healing and tanking, especially in PvP, takes real skill.

• 8 months later...
1:45 You use intimidating roar on an enemy, then turn around and force push him (incorrectly) into the catwalk instead of the acid. (If he had actually fallen in the acid you would have made it easier for him to get out of the acid because you gave him full resolve.) Also, during this time, you just kind of stand around and do nothing. No damage. While it looks like you were waiting to be passed the ball, you should always be doing something to pressure the enemy.

2:01 You spam chilling scream for no reason. There are no enemies near you. I understand this is probably habit; but it's actually a rather bad habit. Just because it's free doesn't mean you should waste the GCD on spamming it unnecessarily. Even if enemies are nearby chilling scream only needs to be applied or mixed into your rotation about every 3-4 abilities unless you are trying to apply the slow to enemies that are newly entering the fray.

4:45 Jumping while slowed; contrarily to popular belief does not increase your speed, you travel at the same speed. The only time jumping helps when in the acid is your initial jump *over* into the middle of the acid, and then once again while getting out in a rush to get to middle. (or out of middle)

5:05-5:06 You fail to actually pass the huttball correctly and miss the operative completely. (No he wasn't stealthed either.) You had nearly no enemies on you and could have easily just walked it into the endzone. You also had saber reflect ready in case (somehow) you got focus fired.

0:00-5:06 (Entire Huttball match). You weren't really up against any really skilled enemies. They constantly gave you jumping points to get to and failed to remove your allies ( for possible intercede targets) from the catwalks. Huttball is all about control and your enemies clearly did not understand that. No offense, but you didn't really exhibit any special skills or knowledge of your juggernaut thus far.

5:21 - More spamming of chilling scream even though enemies aren't even near you until a few seconds later.

6:08-6:30 Literally all you do for 22 seconds (give or take a few before 6:08) was spam chilling scream. Run back and forth, spam more chilling scream. Use Intimidating Roar, use more chilling scream. (At this point you were capped out on rage) and then use Force scream and Threatening Shout. Then more chilling scream. Finally at 6:29 you force push and then force leap onto a guy. But you were capped out on rage for a much longer period then you should have been.

Sidenote: Just because you are a tank does not mean you shouldn't maximize your damage in a warzone as much as possible. Part of this is because this will help when using controlled burst well-timed on targets; another part of this is because nearly every single ability in an Immortal Juggernaut's arsenal is there to improve their defences. Crushing Blow improves our damage reduction and allows immediate use of retaliation (which further improves our defense chance for a small period of time)

9:00 4 Enemies Versus 1 Juggernaut. And they can't kill you while running from west to east...a 4v1 in ANY situation with competent players will result in you getting liquified fast. It's clear that the enemy player do not know how to properly DPS you because a lone juggernaut with no healing support in a 4v1 scenario should not survive that long against competent enemies.

I honestly stopped watching about here. The amount of egregious errors; either by you or your enemies doesn't really warrant the making of a PvP video. I'm not asking for "action shot compilations" but rather displays of skill, or well timed usage of abilities that turn around clutch situations. I don't really condone another YouTube video of moderate skill since they are about a dime a dozen. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh; but I'm merely pointing out the flaws I saw in your play and giving you my opinion on them. This is coming from a Juggernaut who achieved War Hero before the valor gains increase in 1.1.5 and PvP'd both as pure Immortal and Hybrid Immortal/Vengeance all the way up to 2.0 (I'm back to Pure Immortal for the time being in 2.0 now).

Man, why did you waste like ten hours to write all this crap? Dont you have another thing to do in your life?

I've recently trotted a Jugg and was wondering if there is place for a tank in PvP and clearly there is.

If I do go the tanking route too should I use endurance heavy armour or stick with strength?

Great video by the way?

I've recently trotted a Jugg and was wondering if there is place for a tank in PvP and clearly there is.

If I do go the tanking route too should I use endurance heavy armour or stick with strength?

Great video by the way?

Endurance :)

thanks for the reply.

Can a tank do enough DPS to be useful in a WZ?

The video showed mainly tanking the ENTIRE rest of the team, which was incredible to watch, but am I going to be able to hurt anyone as tank/endurace?

Regards

thanks for the reply.

Can a tank do enough DPS to be useful in a WZ?

The video showed mainly tanking the ENTIRE rest of the team, which was incredible to watch, but am I going to be able to hurt anyone as tank/endurace?

Regards

If you go pure tank, no, sadly.

I usually play pure Vengeance but if I really want to guard people I go with this build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrRZcrrMbMcRrfcz.3

Played in Soresu form, it has a very considerable portion of Vengeance's DPS but quite a lot more damage reduction which helps with survivability, coupled with the ability to guard! I usually run this build with DPS gear since I mostly focus on damage. People have been talking about a full tank tree with DPS gear, I have never tried it but it might work. Though one thing you want to keep in mind is that, if you go full endurance on your equips, Your dmg output will drop DRASTICALLY!

Thanks.....

I'm gonna play around a lot which I guess most people do anyway. The main problem I have is that historically (prior to SWTOR) I never PvP and even in MMO's I normally play a ranged character which lends itself well to being calmer..... in melee I feel like I am just key bashing.

Since watching the video I have switch to pure tank and am really enjoying it. Though, I'm used to being top 2 with my Sage on DPS and Medals, with Jugg tank I am WAY down the list, but I enjoy it more than the DPS Jugg.

I've read that the Mara has better defensive cool downs than the Jugg, but as I havent played it I have no idea.

I need to try and get a feel for if I am progressing the right kind of character really..........

Obilam

Thanks.....

I'm gonna play around a lot which I guess most people do anyway. The main problem I have is that historically (prior to SWTOR) I never PvP and even in MMO's I normally play a ranged character which lends itself well to being calmer..... in melee I feel like I am just key bashing.

Since watching the video I have switch to pure tank and am really enjoying it. Though, I'm used to being top 2 with my Sage on DPS and Medals, with Jugg tank I am WAY down the list, but I enjoy it more than the DPS Jugg.

I've read that the Mara has better defensive cool downs than the Jugg, but as I havent played it I have no idea.

I need to try and get a feel for if I am progressing the right kind of character really..........

Obilam

People say that maras have better defensive CDs...yeah the only better thing is Cloak of Pain and Force Camo, but even then I'd take Intercede with the 8% heal from the set bonus over force camo or Undying Rage any day on my Mara. When I play my veng jug I feel like overall he has much better survivability and Vengeance is a DPS spec...the only reason people say Marauders have better defensive CDs is because you can face-tank for a short while...after that while is over, your HP drops to 0 in seconds LOL, marauders without Cloak of Pain on are very squishy(except the Rage ones since they get a crapload of passive dmg reduction but even then, they're squishy). Whereas Juggs have much better control in general and Intercede is basically a second life if you use it properly and if you have a healer.

Don't let people fool you, as a Marauder, you'll never have survivability close to that of a Vengeance Tank hybrid like the build I posted or a pure Immortal build Juggernaut.

How many people truly stick this out?

I've played my Jugg on and off since launch. For the first time I am getting PVP Immortal gear. But as I go through the gear grind, I find myself second guessing.

How long do most of you stick out the PVP tank? I find it can feel.... 'limiting' without a team that has a healer I feel... less useful I guess.

I love debuffing, and exercising key crowd control abilities. Keeping a healer up is a lot of fun. Also holding a node, as long as you can, while reinforcements come against a pile of stealthers, or half a team or whatever... that's pretty cool too.

But I personally find in some matches I might be better off as pure DPS. Plus as I get more gear, I kind of notice something: with each piece I become SLIGHTLY more survivable but MUCH less capable of damage.

I was thinking about coming up with a solo queue (non healer) build where I take enough from Rage tree to get the CD on Choke, and the trinket heal.... Also I had thoughts on playing Immortal with just a few key pieces of Tank gear... like the main/offhand and just all Fortitude Augs for the endurance.

At the end of the day I guess I'm wondering how long you are sticking out the immortal build?

How many people truly stick this out?

I've played my Jugg on and off since launch. For the first time I am getting PVP Immortal gear. But as I go through the gear grind, I find myself second guessing.

How long do most of you stick out the PVP tank? I find it can feel.... 'limiting' without a team that has a healer I feel... less useful I guess.

I love debuffing, and exercising key crowd control abilities. Keeping a healer up is a lot of fun. Also holding a node, as long as you can, while reinforcements come against a pile of stealthers, or half a team or whatever... that's pretty cool too.

But I personally find in some matches I might be better off as pure DPS. Plus as I get more gear, I kind of notice something: with each piece I become SLIGHTLY more survivable but MUCH less capable of damage.

I was thinking about coming up with a solo queue (non healer) build where I take enough from Rage tree to get the CD on Choke, and the trinket heal.... Also I had thoughts on playing Immortal with just a few key pieces of Tank gear... like the main/offhand and just all Fortitude Augs for the endurance.

At the end of the day I guess I'm wondering how long you are sticking out the immortal build?

Tevzz............ mind if I ask what you do for armour mods...... a balance between endurance and strength or all strength?

Krozis.... I share the same concerns. I love pulling enough enemies on to me to allow my team to take a node or take down others from range (normally acheived by engage off node, when its covered, and dropping to half/quarter health and popping defences and health stim)...... but, like you said...... cant help but think there was more I could be doing.............

Obilam

Tevzz............ mind if I ask what you do for armour mods...... a balance between endurance and strength or all strength?

Krozis.... I share the same concerns. I love pulling enough enemies on to me to allow my team to take a node or take down others from range (normally acheived by engage off node, when its covered, and dropping to half/quarter health and popping defences and health stim)...... but, like you said...... cant help but think there was more I could be doing.............

Obilam

With the Vengeance Immortal Hybrid I posted I run full strength (well, for the MODS (the actual mods xD) I use the ones without the letters that give quite a lot of power and for my enhancements I use full Power and Surge).

I mean, I run full DPS gear and basically the only reason that I come close to a tank is because I can guard a healer or swap guard around my fellow DPS'ers, my leap is up much more often if I need to interrupt something and I get much more damage reduction (In reality with that build my damage reduction is 50% FLAT, which for a DPS'er is quite a lot, more than any other DPS build in fact). Basically my primary point is to do damage, along with the added bonus of living much longer and being able to guard my allies.

With the Vengeance Immortal Hybrid I posted I run full strength (well, for the MODS (the actual mods xD) I use the ones without the letters that give quite a lot of power and for my enhancements I use full Power and Surge).

I mean, I run full DPS gear and basically the only reason that I come close to a tank is because I can guard a healer or swap guard around my fellow DPS'ers, my leap is up much more often if I need to interrupt something and I get much more damage reduction (In reality with that build my damage reduction is 50% FLAT, which for a DPS'er is quite a lot, more than any other DPS build in fact). Basically my primary point is to do damage, along with the added bonus of living much longer and being able to guard my allies.

I notice that you do not take the Shien form.... does that mean you sit in tank mode/form (forget the name)?

Obilam