New HUTTBALL arenas plz!

TheOgJediCouncil

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream last night where there was a huttball arena with an elite npc golem chained to the huttball chalice that had a 30m range and you cant kill it have to distract or stun. And it could throw rocks.

Dreams of Huttball? I'm jealous.

I can't believe these posts have been alive for as long as they have with not even a hint that Bioware is looking at this. I know one like posts dated to October 2012 and stayed strong for a good amount of time.

I don't see what the big deal is in getting more Huttball maps? People here are not asking for an entirely new warone with new mechanics, just a new map. Make half a map, copy, mirror, paste? umm, thats about it. Heck, make 10 of them half assed and toss them into the rotation of normal huttball queues. You would still get Huttball at the same rate as you do now, just a 1 in 10 chance of a different map.

Here, I'll get them started.

Bioware, here:

Step 1) go look at a paintball map over view

Step 2) make it

Step 1) go look at any Dota style map

Step 2) make it

It's not difficult, they don't all need to be something amazing and special. All they need is lanes, a couple choke points and places to LoS, thats about it.

Edited by _Kayko_

or just get rid of Novarre Coast & Civil War all together. Get so tired of seeing these two maps all day long. I mean either I have to go be bored for 15 minutes guarding the off node, or I can join the zerg and watch us lose the off node without ever seeing an inc call. Nor seeing the guard lose any health in ops frame ( yes I always know who is guarding so i can know if they need help when they forget to call inc.)

Rellik

I'll say it right now, I have little to no understanding of how to create maps and whatnot. That being said, I wouldn't imagine it'd be too difficult to re-skin some of the objects on the map.

I know they say they are always browsing the forums, though it'd be nice for them to pop in once and a while and at least acknowledge a thread. It'll give people the hope that something may actually be done at the very least.

HUTT BALL

HUTT BALL

HUTT BALL

HUTT BALL

More maps would be nice. Some more LOS for us healers to hide would be cool too. Like some tunnels for a long LOS. Middle has a Star pattern like Kephass 50% Phase transition (Keep all blocks up). Add a couple sniper nests (Further from MID than current map and more DEFENSIVE).

Add teleporation device(s) that move you around the map. (LATERAL ONLY PLEASE)

Huttball is not only my favorite warzone, it is my favorite thing in the entire game.

I gather that it is also the most genuinely hated warzone for many.

Why don't BW/EA...

... let people queue exclusively for Huttball?

Charge me a premium, if you must. I will pay!

... let players completely deselect Huttball, free of charge?

Some just don't get it. Others are fed up. Why have them f... up the few matches we get?

... introduce more maps/ mechanics - lots of ideas out there/ in this thread alone.

Again: I will even pay if made to! An additional subscription, week passes... you name it.

...establish teams, leagues, lists - the whole shebang that makes for an e-sport?

Because that's what Huttball is: An e-sport.

Has anyone at BW/EA ever looked into marketing it as such?

I'm on the same boat. Everytime I join a WZ the few seconds before the loading screen comes up I hope that it's huttball. When it's not, a little part of me dies inside. :(

EDIT: Just got hutball right after posting this!!! :D

Edited by Jayshames

I agree. Hut ball isn't my favorite but I think they should add a mix up to this at least two new maps would be nice another one I'd like to see them make alter maps for is voidstar. Same type run through get doors but different layouts would make wzs much more fun. Don't need to do that with the others because they are already basically slightly different versions of capture the command points. Which is what people in this thread want with huttball.

/signed