Deception PVP Montage for 2.0

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be the best sin in any way. I made the video for strictly entertainment purposes.

Please, I would appreciate some well-written, educated comments about what I did wrong and how I can do better, but basically, this was just a few clips of my experience with the new spec and how I played it.

Track List can be found in the video description.

I got a few tips for ya if you like. I am in no way trying to flame you or act like I am better than you. What little mistakes I did see, I do all the time myself lol. I will do my best to explain my pointers with out sounding like a know it all.

First thing I saw, you did not Low Slash nearly enough. It builds so little resolve, you can pretty much use this off of cd. Not only will you get a free Maul proc, but you will limit their damage/cc/heals as well. Your getting control with some burst. One thing I really like doing is using Low Slash right after I Mauled with a Duplicity proc, this way I get another Duplicity proc back to back. Very sexy damage. If you open with Spike, watch your Dark Embrace buff. I will refresh this as soon as the first one expires. This way right at the end of the second one I know 10 seconds has gone by and its time for a Low Slash and usually my 3rd Maul. My favorite opener is to open with Low Slash. It gives low resolve and hopefully they will use their cc break here. Maul once and wait for your first regular duplicity proc. Then hard stun them for your second Maul. Refresh your Dark Embrace buff. A couple globals later you can Force Cloak and Spike to get your third Maul proc, oh and it refreshes Dark Embrace for another 12 seconds of business time.

Managing your Induction and Static Charge stacks. You did good at times, and bad other times. Don't be afraid to Shock even though you do not have 2 stacks of Induction. Yes Shocking with 2 stacks is ideal for force management, but if you are >50% force then Shock that Jawa. Specially if you have to 2 Static Charges, this way you can follow that Shock with a Discharge. So many times I have seen Assassins with 1 induction stack and 2 Static Charges start hitting VS to get Induction to 2 instead of just Shocking them so they can follow with a Discharge. You actually did this once, but then failed a couple of times after. Also, there was a point where you had 2 Induction and 3 Static Charges, you proceeded to Shock then you Discharged. You should have Discharged first then Shocked. This way at the end of those two abilities you would have 1 Static Charge again. Through Mauls and VS you could have easily had your 2nd Static Charge before Shock was off of CD. Then guess what, after that Shock you would be at 3 stacks and ready for another Discharge.

You need to get in and out of stealth more. Seemed that you only Force Cloaked when you where being focused Which is the case for the majority of Assassins. However, if you have been in a larger skirmish and heals are good on both sides you should try to Force Cloak offensively to get a reset on your Recklessness buff. Reck is so powerful for Deception Sins because of the instant 3 stacks of Static Charge. If I see less than 1min on my Reck CD I will do what ever I can to get out of combat so I can reset that buff.

Crushing Darkness. I know some Assassins swear by it, but I feel we have other abilities that are far better. There was one time where you casted Crushing on someone and followed with a Reck/Dishcharge and it was some really nice damage. Later in the vid you had 3 Static Charges and Duplicity proc, you tried casting Crushing and got caught and didn't get a chance to use Maul or Discharge because of it (did real nice damage to the next guy though lol) Anyways I think Crushing is bad form for Deception. The Damage might be nice, but it doesn't compare to a Maul crit. Even if your Maul doesn't crit, you basically lost a global to cast Crushing and that global could have been a VS or Shock which combined with your non crit Maul would still be far more damage than the Crushing you casted.

Again I am not trying to flame you or your vid, you did a really good job. I make all these mistakes all the time (many other ones too lol). But I do hope that these tips could help you and other Assassins alike.

This video has made me realize even more that I could stand some serious improvement playing my sin in pvp. Watching stuff like this definitely gives me thoughts on my own playstyle, so I'd love to see more of the same, or even some commentated type stuff for us newer to the class / spec.

EDIT: Haven't checked your channel quite yet, but I see quite a few there waiting to be watched :) Always looking for more tor YouTubers. Feels like they all dropped dead about 10 months ago and never came back.

Edited by CyberTronX

I got a few tips for ya if you like. I am in no way trying to flame you or act like I am better than you. What little mistakes I did see, I do all the time myself lol. I will do my best to explain my pointers with out sounding like a know it all.

First thing I saw, you did not Low Slash nearly enough. It builds so little resolve, you can pretty much use this off of cd. Not only will you get a free Maul proc, but you will limit their damage/cc/heals as well. Your getting control with some burst. One thing I really like doing is using Low Slash right after I Mauled with a Duplicity proc, this way I get another Duplicity proc back to back. Very sexy damage. If you open with Spike, watch your Dark Embrace buff. I will refresh this as soon as the first one expires. This way right at the end of the second one I know 10 seconds has gone by and its time for a Low Slash and usually my 3rd Maul. My favorite opener is to open with Low Slash. It gives low resolve and hopefully they will use their cc break here. Maul once and wait for your first regular duplicity proc. Then hard stun them for your second Maul. Refresh your Dark Embrace buff. A couple globals later you can Force Cloak and Spike to get your third Maul proc, oh and it refreshes Dark Embrace for another 12 seconds of business time.

Managing your Induction and Static Charge stacks. You did good at times, and bad other times. Don't be afraid to Shock even though you do not have 2 stacks of Induction. Yes Shocking with 2 stacks is ideal for force management, but if you are >50% force then Shock that Jawa. Specially if you have to 2 Static Charges, this way you can follow that Shock with a Discharge. So many times I have seen Assassins with 1 induction stack and 2 Static Charges start hitting VS to get Induction to 2 instead of just Shocking them so they can follow with a Discharge. You actually did this once, but then failed a couple of times after. Also, there was a point where you had 2 Induction and 3 Static Charges, you proceeded to Shock then you Discharged. You should have Discharged first then Shocked. This way at the end of those two abilities you would have 1 Static Charge again. Through Mauls and VS you could have easily had your 2nd Static Charge before Shock was off of CD. Then guess what, after that Shock you would be at 3 stacks and ready for another Discharge.

You need to get in and out of stealth more. Seemed that you only Force Cloaked when you where being focused Which is the case for the majority of Assassins. However, if you have been in a larger skirmish and heals are good on both sides you should try to Force Cloak offensively to get a reset on your Recklessness buff. Reck is so powerful for Deception Sins because of the instant 3 stacks of Static Charge. If I see less than 1min on my Reck CD I will do what ever I can to get out of combat so I can reset that buff.

Crushing Darkness. I know some Assassins swear by it, but I feel we have other abilities that are far better. There was one time where you casted Crushing on someone and followed with a Reck/Dishcharge and it was some really nice damage. Later in the vid you had 3 Static Charges and Duplicity proc, you tried casting Crushing and got caught and didn't get a chance to use Maul or Discharge because of it (did real nice damage to the next guy though lol) Anyways I think Crushing is bad form for Deception. The Damage might be nice, but it doesn't compare to a Maul crit. Even if your Maul doesn't crit, you basically lost a global to cast Crushing and that global could have been a VS or Shock which combined with your non crit Maul would still be far more damage than the Crushing you casted.

Again I am not trying to flame you or your vid, you did a really good job. I make all these mistakes all the time (many other ones too lol). But I do hope that these tips could help you and other Assassins alike.

This quote was best part of the entire thread to be honest. But I must admit the first 2 mins of the vid had me intrigued. The showboating in the gree illum killed it for me. It lost its allure. I skipped forward, but there was nothing that captured me. ( take that ridiculous helm off ! ).

The thing with Crushing Darkness is the fact that it is free damage. Cast it after a Low Slash.. that slash would be broken by maul anyway.. if you CD first and then maul, the CD damage is basically just bonus. It's a good way to either get people to use their cooldowns, or to get them to break the low slash.

The thing with Crushing Darkness is the fact that it is free damage. Cast it after a Low Slash.. that slash would be broken by maul anyway.. if you CD first and then maul, the CD damage is basically just bonus. It's a good way to either get people to use their cooldowns, or to get them to break the low slash.

I will admit, that it is a nice way to get someone to use their cc breaker so they can blow a cd or interrupt to avoid CD. But in the time it takes to cast CD, you can get off 2 instant abilities. Any two abilities that do not crit will do more damage than a CD that will crit. Any two abilities besides Saber Strike, just to be clear. So, I really don't see the logic in that ability for Deception because this spec has so many abilities that will do so much more damage.

I will admit, that it is a nice way to get someone to use their cc breaker so they can blow a cd or interrupt to avoid CD. But in the time it takes to cast CD, you can get off 2 instant abilities. Any two abilities that do not crit will do more damage than a CD that will crit. Any two abilities besides Saber Strike, just to be clear. So, I really don't see the logic in that ability for Deception because this spec has so many abilities that will do so much more damage.

Look, you don't understand.. that is fine. I will try to explain one more time.

If you use anything into that Low Slash, it will break and the person in question will be able to react to your actions once again. What matters though, is the amount of damage you do, in which the other player can actually react to.

Since he can NOT do anything about crushing darkness, the damage comes as free. You are still going to do more damage to the player in the same amount of time AFTER the slash. Yeah, it's all delayed by 2 seconds, but that does not really matter.

Listen for a second guys.

I use low slash specifically for the pressure and control, since they would either have to break low slash, therefore leaving themselves open for electrocute, or facetanking a crapton of damage so that they can break electrocute. Either way, it is a win/win situation as they either have to commit to their breaker, or eat around 14k damage in 3 seconds.

Listen for a second guys.

I use low slash specifically for the pressure and control, since they would either have to break low slash, therefore leaving themselves open for electrocute, or facetanking a crapton of damage so that they can break electrocute. Either way, it is a win/win situation as they either have to commit to their breaker, or eat around 14k damage in 3 seconds.

And it is an excellent use for low slash in a 1v1 scenario. If facing more enemies, low slashing an offtarget is ofcourse a much better idea 99/100 times. Remember that you aren't bound to maul/shadow strike the person you are low slashing :p

You get the proc anyway, free to use low slash on target A and Maul/Strike on target B.

This quote was best part of the entire thread to be honest. But I must admit the first 2 mins of the vid had me intrigued. The showboating in the gree illum killed it for me. It lost its allure. I skipped forward, but there was nothing that captured me. ( take that ridiculous helm off ! ).

I'm with this guy (that I quoted). I think you (The OP) showcased pretty good skill; but the showboating plus "Baddie down" in Gree really just soured me to the rest of the video. Stop treating every enemy as being inferior to you. Regardless if you win a 3v1 or 1v3 fight; show humbleness in victory and grace in defeat.

I'm with this guy (that I quoted). I think you (The OP) showcased pretty good skill; but the showboating plus "Baddie down" in Gree really just soured me to the rest of the video. Stop treating every enemy as being inferior to you. Regardless if you win a 3v1 or 1v3 fight; show humbleness in victory and grace in defeat.

You know, in the description I wrote that I refer to "baddie" as bad guy right? I'm not one of those elitists in PVP that take things uber hardcore.. Reread the description

You know, in the description I wrote that I refer to "baddie" as bad guy right? I'm not one of those elitists in PVP that take things uber hardcore.. Reread the description

As a fellow vid maker, I have to advise you that you really might want to be careful with that. Even though your intentions may be different, others might not see it that way. Try not to use those words if you can. Also, 50-70% of the viewer ratio don't even read the description.

As a fellow vid maker, I have to advise you that you really might want to be careful with that. Even though your intentions may be different, others might not see it that way. Try not to use those words if you can. Also, 50-70% of the viewer ratio don't even read the description.

What, there is a description? D:

...long live the power of descriptive edit? ( non acusational lol ). I've recently spoken with the OP ( by fluke I'll add ), and he seems like a genuine person nonetheless.

I'll be subscribing and awaiting more material from him.

...long live the power of descriptive edit? ( non acusational lol ). I've recently spoken with the OP ( by fluke I'll add ), and he seems like a genuine person nonetheless.

I don't doubt that he is genuine or not. I'm just giving a very good piece of advice when I tell you to watch what you put on your video. People are easily offended by certain things, and well, you're making a video for an audience. Not just yourself. Have to be careful.

(Also talking about the video itself, since like I said, description's sadly overlooked. :()

Enjoyed it. I don't know why folks are taking the baddies thing so seriously. My brief advice (haven't been to bed yet):

You need to really pay better attention to your charges. There's a point where you have static stacked to 3 AND reck off cooldown, and you're wasting globals on fillers you don't need, when you could be hitting some fool with 2 discharges in a row. With heals being what they are, that sort of thing is a golden goose. I also was curious why you wait so long to pop reck in general. Just seemed quite a bit off. You kind of slow your burst down by doing that. Not to mention, for fights with ample heals that last longer, you're delaying the natural cooldown, in case you want to hang onto your cloak to reset on a healer later. Just my 2 cents. Personally, I encourage any and all forms of ish talk, so that part didn't bother me. haha. Keep wrecking.