Maintenance: May 7th, 2013

AmberGreen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When will you fix bugs? I have just been leveling and doing some low level flashpoints(mid 20s) and what the hell? This game is extremely buggy in some areas of the game and some instances, yet smooth as a baby's butt in other. What I would like to know is why it is so uneven? Most games are just buggy period. But this one is sometimes buggy sometimes not, and that makes me think you have an excellent team, except one or two members who are completely worthless and nobody have found out who they are yet.

Also AnduuDursty, what the hell are you going on about? "...appreciate the fact that they are FIXING something."?

In every MMO forum there will be a white knight who keeps defending the team/devs/admins, it has always been that way and will always be, yet few are as hilarious as you.

Getting stuff fixed and patches, arent that kind of what those of us who sub actually are paying for? And I do believe a paying customer have a right to address his concerns and ask why nothing is being done about well known and reported buggs?

P.S

And AnduuDursty, I don't think theyll make you a forum admin or GM just because you white knight for them. It hasnt worked like that since the IRC days in the late 90's.

Edited by Katzens
Missquote

You people are the scum of this game. Seriously, they post to let y'all know things are getting fixed, and here you go whining and ************ about it. I'm tired of this negativity. If all of you quit playing like y'all keep saying you would, this game would be much better off.

Thank you, Amber and the rest of the team, for keeping us updated. You are doing an amazing job.

I agree.

So what your telling me is. Everyone in this thread woke up on the wrong side of the bed today? Look It takes time to fix's bugs and mistakes. This is still a pretty new game, so it's going to take time to fix these things. Really though it's no more glitchy then most MMOs. So go get your coffee, crack.. I mean coke (the drink not the powder). or whatever you have to wake up, and get the hell over it... Edited by Calebleachking
touch up

No wonder they haven't added the character customization yet, all of you idiots are their center of attention. Just be nice for once and they might speed things up a bit. At this rate it will be next month before we see another update.

You people are the scum of this game. Seriously, they post to let y'all know things are getting fixed, and here you go whining and ************ about it. I'm tired of this negativity. If all of you quit playing like y'all keep saying you would, this game would be much better off.

Thank you, Amber and the rest of the team, for keeping us updated. You are doing an amazing job.

What exactly are people agreeing with? you know this is incorrect right?^ and nothing is currently being fixed.... This is just a scheduled maint.

A lot of you don't realize that fixing bugs is a lot more complicated than just editing a little code and wheeling it out. Coding can have ripple effects. You can fix one thing and then completely muck up 10 others because of the fix (and often times these new problems are hard to find). It takes extensive testing after fixing a bug to make sure that nothing else was messed up in the process.

I'm 100% sure that they are aware of the bugs and they aren't simply ignoring it. If you don't feel like waiting, then just stop playing.

+1

:rak_03:

I don't usually post as these things are WAY to flammable, but this was just ridiculous and I SERIOUSLY hope u were joking as of course they specifically singled ur guild raiding time to do something:(

WOW.......lol

Thank you for screwing with my guild's raid time!

+ infinity

:rolleyes:

<deleted>

I for one gave them till this tue. 5/7 to fix the bolster bug that THEY let go live KNOWING it was broken. Its not fixed so my sub is cancealed. FK bw while my little bit of money may not mean much in the overall big picture BW will never get it again. But hey if you wanna pay for a BROKEN game month after month thats on you, oh and nothing is getting fixed if they could have fix it they would have before it went live.

I know there is a hardcore few that will play this game and sing its praises no matter how broken it gets I hope you have fun.

Edited by CommunityDroidDE

Last time I checked, bolster was fine. Sure, the problem wasn't eliminated completely, but if you go in naked, you won't stand a chance anymore. The reason they aren't addressing it is because it is working just fine. Who cares if this is to fix stability? Would you rather them ignore it and let the servers crash and us be without the game for days? No? Then shut your cake hole and appreciate the fact that they are FIXING something. It may not be what you think needs to be fixed, but they are doing the best they can.

you dont even know what the bolster bug is how sad

i hope that type of informing isn't going to be an new habit......because i red the forums yesterday and the day before and i didn't catch that info.... The good thing could be also informing player before he exits the game not when he happily thinks that he will be playing for 1-2hrs and then sees bump oh maintenance...:mad:

Other thing is ofc. What kind of nasty piece of work opens with this unprovoked outburst? No one else needs to sink to that level.

Edited by Marcus__

*most of this thread*

"Oh meh Gerd, why won't you pay attention to meeeeeeeeeee!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I NEED YOU TO RESPOND TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?! I reported a bug three weeks ago and you haven't fixed it yet. Worse, you never responded! No, I have no idea how long it takes to fix bugs. No, I think doing bug fixing patches every two to three days instead all at once with a content update is a great idea. Who cares how long servers have to be down to do those patches? No, I don't understand how fixes can have unexpected interactions when implemented separately."

Frankly, I'd be tempted to drag my figurative feet just to watch all the raging and pouting.

IF these errors that should of never made it live are still here after next tuesday I think i'm done. The only way some of these bugs that should be easy to fix are still here, is if they don't even have a single person currently working on it.

(Im no master programer but how hard could it be to fix the useless crafting materials, how hard would it be to edit a file and change a few numbers or edit the value in some file for what they sell for???)

I guess they need everyone working on their next cash shop money maker instead.

Why don't you educate yourself, get a job as a developer/programmer and let us know?

Seriously, the level of fail on both sides is strong here.

Surprisingly to all of you morons who make comments about programmers, yet have never actually coded something in a production envorinment -- fixes don't happen in minutes. Or hours. Or days. That only happens if you have a dev who made a stupid mistake. In the real world of professional developers, they RARELY make a mistake that causes a bug, and can be fixed within minutes. Why? Because all of this code is volatile. They add in a feature you REALLY want, or fix a glaring issue -- and bam, edge-case opens up.

So, would you rather they "fix" this augment-exploit now, and have a worse bug pop up? Or would you rather it be fixed right. . . . Because you can't have both. If you expect both -- you're being unrealistic.

There are certainly white knights who are unnecessarily combative right off the bat -- but understand, while they need to learn to control their anger, it isn't misplaced. So much of the vocal community is filled with morons who LOVE to whine about things beyond their intelligence level.

Considering the number of bug fixes included in 2.0.1 -- and the fact that we have TWO content patches coming out within ~8 weeks of an expac -- anyone saying "lolwut they don't fix bugs" really should stop speaking, so as to not lower the IQ of everyone else in this thread.

Word.

Scum and Villany isn't a new operation, it's all the posters that have nothing to say but to whine and complain incessantly about SOMETHING, anything.