Not Your Ordinary - PvP Videos

Polymerize

Hitting home runs in the big leagues eh? At least the OP has to worry about carrying possible anchors on his team. Ranked is pvp on a silver platter, you go in with a perfect setup, everyones geared, everyones in voice comm. You act as if thats more difficult than winning in regs where you don't always have cooperative players on your team, let alone geared/skilled? Leave it up to the "ranked heroes" to act as if their form of play is superior to regs, when in reality you have it much easier since you can control all the factors that will contribute to your success, in regs its not so certain even with a 4 man premade since you still have the high possibility of anchors screwing over your match. OP may have been a little arrogant in his initial post, but he does offer some valuable insight. You on the other hand obviously felt threatened enough to troll him. Check your ego at the door. It's amusing too, because typically those who brag about what they can do with 8 people working together in rateds tend to be bads themselves. Real skilled players don't brag about themselves. Their actions are there for everyone else to see. How's that full diamond now champ? :rolleyes:

That's actually an interesting use for it. One that I've found in my limited play on my Sin is if you need to interrupt a cast, say for example a combat sentinel is master striking you, and your combat stealth/cc's are on cooldown: use phasewalk. I didn't use it very often in that manner, but it is another way to utilize it. People who say that its useless simply have no imagination. Mobility is one use, dodging channeled attacks, whether its a sniper or sage or warrior, is another.

Thanks mate. I was just going to ignore Xerain so thanks for clearing that misconception up; about the whole 'rated scene' legitimacy. And for the other points as well.

Cheers.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitting home runs in the big leagues eh? At least the OP has to worry about carrying possible anchors on his team. Ranked is pvp on a silver platter, you go in with a perfect setup, everyones geared, everyones in voice comm. You act as if thats more difficult than winning in regs where you don't always have cooperative players on your team, let alone geared/skilled? Leave it up to the "ranked heroes" to act as if their form of play is superior to regs, when in reality you have it much easier since you can control all the factors that will contribute to your success, in regs its not so certain even with a 4 man premade since you still have the high possibility of anchors screwing over your match. OP may have been a little arrogant in his initial post, but he does offer some valuable insight. You on the other hand obviously felt threatened enough to troll him. Check your ego at the door. It's amusing too, because typically those who brag about what they can do with 8 people working together in rateds tend to be bads themselves. Real skilled players don't brag about themselves. Their actions are there for everyone else to see. How's that full diamond now champ? :rolleyes:

Ah yeah you reg warzone heroes get to beat up undergeared derpy pugs and claim superiority. Are you kidding? At least in ranked it's skill vs skill and both sides are controlling exactly whats going on.

Your reg pvp is not a testament of skill nor superiority at all given the fact that it's not a controlled environment. So sit down, shut up, and do so till you play with the big boys.

"But the ranked scene is so crappy" For us that participate in it we **** all over you in regs too so not like it matters. Stop being a whinny ***** about losing, queue up your team, and gain some credibility. The pvp community will respect you far more.

Ah yeah you reg warzone heroes get to beat up undergeared derpy pugs and claim superiority. Are you kidding? At least in ranked it's skill vs skill and both sides are controlling exactly whats going on.

Your reg pvp is not a testament of skill nor superiority at all given the fact that it's not a controlled environment. So sit down, shut up, and do so till you play with the big boys.

"But the ranked scene is so crappy" For us that participate in it we **** all over you in regs too so not like it matters. Stop being a whinny ***** about losing, queue up your team, and gain some credibility. The pvp community will respect you far more.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you because you bore me. I will say this though.

The games I recorded and posted have all been with and against competent players. I did not post videos with bad players in them. I do not intend on recording videos that have bad players on the other team. If there are sub-par players on my team; that is not a problem.

Spill your ignorance elsewhere.

Definitely an interesting use for the Phase Walk, I'm still very awkward with the ability, and use it mostly to control objectives.

Where? I've used tons of different ways for phase walk, I'd like to see which video what minute so i can check if it's new or not

I'm not going to argue semantics with you because you bore me. I will say this though.

The games I recorded and posted have all been with and against competent players. I did not post videos with bad players in them. I do not intend on recording videos that have bad players on the other team. If there are sub-par players on my team; that is not a problem.

Spill your ignorance elsewhere.

You mean players that carried you

God Xerain, I have been stroking your e-peen for days! How long until you can actually get off on being an elitist? My hand is tired.

I love being called an elitist! It's great because then you people all view me as better than you. Why?

Another reg hero thinking he's good purely because he can see when node is being capped. Newsflash bro, good players can do that and actually be a good healer, dps, tank or whatever at the same time. All I see is someone who can't play an assassin. And yea, warzone rating might not mean a whole lot, but doing well in ranked games as opposed to regs speaks volumes. Can we let this thread die yet?

Another reg hero thinking he's good purely because he can see when node is being capped. Newsflash bro, good players can do that and actually be a good healer, dps, tank or whatever at the same time. All I see is someone who can't play an assassin. And yea, warzone rating might not mean a whole lot, but doing well in ranked games as opposed to regs speaks volumes. Can we let this thread die yet?

No dude, the OP's plane of thought is so far above everyone else's that you can't even comprehend what he's doing.

He's got awareness (imagine that someone is saying "ooooooooooo" here).

Yeah being a reg warzone hero is what it's all about right? That's true skill! Beating up unorganized, undergeared, scrubs and then claiming superiority!

Play with the big boys or ****.

I truly feel bad for you. This is a game which in the real world bears no sign of achievement. So keep thinking a video game made for teens is a show of sort of personal greatness while the real world passes you by. I can see you in 20 years..."Back in my day I was a rated WZ pro I had true skill and stood high above the regs" reply..."What's a WZ and what's a reg?".

To the OP thanks for staying positive, and thanks for the vids always good to see what others are doing.

Haters are my motivators.

Continue to mock me and you might just convince yourself that I'm such an idiot that even after viewing my videos (coming in the future) with commentary and annotations; you'll learn absolutely nothing and you'll continue to be average players living in a facade that is the league of 'top PvP players'. I'll give you the tools; it will be your choice to acknowledge them in the videos and to try to learn how to implement them in your gameplay.

So keep up the 'motivation' and bumps for my thread; its much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Seeing as I won't have new videos up for at least another 3-4 days; let us have some discussions concerning certain situations that arose during my videos. After this discussion has ran its course I will start another.

I'll name the video and the time and which you should begin watching.

Film : Civil War - w/ the Casual Premade.

Time : Start at 30 seconds. End at 1 minute & 40 seconds.

I want to hear what you guys think I should have done during this time frame. Anything different? Anything the same? After watching the film, I see a few moves that I could have made that would have had a big effect on the match. Give me specifics and your thought process to back it up.

I want to hear whether Amilea killing Lifaen is a good or bad thing, and why you think this is so. There is a very important point to be shown from this. I hope to see someone get it correct; and have a thought process to back it up.

Edited by Polymerize

Continue to mock me and you might just convince yourself that I'm such an idiot that even after viewing my videos (coming in the future) with commentary and annotations; you'll learn absolutely nothing and you'll continue to be average players living in a facade that is the league of 'top PvP players'. I'll give you the tools; it will be your choice to acknowledge them in the videos and to try to learn how to implement them in your gameplay.

So keep up the 'motivation' and bumps for my thread; its much appreciated. :rolleyes:

LOL How does this guy who is some no named, 0 rated, scrub have the room to claim superiority about anything? You don't have any justification for any of your claims and your videos just show that you're a scrub.

Just giving you a heads up to let you know the PVP community will only acknowledge people who have rating or have done rated warzones. Reg warzone heroes who write up guides have no place on these forums telling people how to play this game. How hard is it to do 10 rated warzones? Even a rating of 800 is better than your ZERO rating. Please tell us all why you have no rating but have been playing this game for 1 plus years?

PROOF:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/norating.jpg/

Edited by waltersmom

Seeing as I won't have new videos up for at least another 3-4 days; let us have some discussions concerning certain situations that arose during my videos. After this discussion has ran its course I will start another.

I'll name the video and the time and which you should begin watching.

Film : Civil War - w/ the Casual Premade.

Time : Start at 30 seconds. End at 1 minute & 40 seconds.

I want to hear what you guys think I should have done during this time frame. Anything different? Anything the same? After watching the film, I see a few moves that I could have made that would have had a big effect on the match. Give me specifics and your thought process to back it up.

I want to hear whether Amilea killing Lifaen is a good or bad thing, and why you think this is so. There is a very important point to be shown from this. I hope to see someone get it correct; and have a thought process to back it up.

ok...

I'm watching this Novare video

1. At around 1:12 you sit there and let two of them cap. 1 is full hp and the other is in execute range. You KB them both then low slash the low HP one and run around like an idiot? Why didn't you low slash the full HP one and execute the other RIGHT WHEN THEY STARTED CAPPING INSTEAD OF LETTING THEM GET 90% of the way through it. You could of killed one then opened with a maul>rest of your rotation and done fine. Also you've been sitting in stealth the whole time watching your team just die.

2. YOU VANISH OUT RIGHT AFTER THAT! *** You're full hp I see none of your big defensives on CD besides the shroud and vanish now, not even your medpack. wth are you doing?

3. so what if Amilea killed anyone, You both died right after that with recklessness up and a medpack up still.

Do I need to nit-pick your whole video?!

I wish you 'rated warzone rating' toting imbeciles would leave this thread alone.

"Mommy Mommy I had Calculus class this semester and at one point I was struggling with the integral of e^2. My teacher was trying to explain it to me but I did not understand. But there was this guy in class, named Fabio! He makes 100's on all of the tests and he told me how he would do the integral of e^2. The thing is though... no one else in the class agreed with Fabio's assessment! They all screamed and yelled he is wrong he is wrong! With nothing to back up their claims! But they were so adamant about Fabio being wrong, it made me so confused! So I ended up not trusting Fabio because he did not have a graduate degree in Math to back up his assessment and also my classmates all said he was wrong. Fabio clearly has the ability to get his graduate degree in Math and will do so over the course of time. At the end of the semester Fabio had a 100 in the class and I ended up getting a C in the class because I missed the integral of e^2 on the final. Mommy I also got raped as a child by your brother's uncle's daddy."

You losers are the child that is screaming "Mommy".

*No longer responding and reacting to people who are not contributing to the discussion in a positive manner.*

Edited by Polymerize

ok...

I'm watching this Novare video

1. At around 1:12 you sit there and let two of them cap. 1 is full hp and the other is in execute range. You KB them both then low slash the low HP one and run around like an idiot? Why didn't you low slash the full HP one and execute the other RIGHT WHEN THEY STARTED CAPPING INSTEAD OF LETTING THEM GET 90% of the way through it. You could of killed one then opened with a maul>rest of your rotation and done fine. Also you've been sitting in stealth the whole time watching your team just die.

2. YOU VANISH OUT RIGHT AFTER THAT! *** You're full hp I see none of your big defensives on CD besides the shroud and vanish now, not even your medpack. wth are you doing?

3. so what if Amilea killed anyone, You both died right after that with recklessness up and a medpack up still.

Do I need to nit-pick your whole video?!

Thank you for taking the time to try to contribute to the conversation Xerain. I noted that I did make some mistakes during this time frame.

You completely missed the bus though. You represent the 'big boys' very well. Your thought process is about as simple as it can get. I will educate you as to why you missed the bus so badly; as soon as I learn a little bit more for my Corrosion's final. Try to hang in till then, I wouldn't want your ill-legitimate ego to carry you away.

Edited by Polymerize

Thank you for taking the time to try to contribute to the conversation Xerain. I noted that I did make some mistakes during this time frame.

You completely missed the bus though. You represent the 'big boys' very well. Your thought process is about as simple as it can get. I will educate you as to why you missed the bus so badly; as soon as I learn a little bit more for my Corrosion's final. Try to hang in till then, I wouldn't want your ill-legitimate ego to carry you away.

Missed the bus on what your bad playing?

This will be obscure, but read on.

What we have here is two scenarios.

....a new singer goes on stage at a talent show. The thrill of having a potential audience magnifies the "grandeur" of the event for the singer. The energy provided from the club is exhilarating compared to his living room...and so he sings. His performance is a bit rough, and sings a few notes off-key. Overall not a bad performance on an regular evening, but the crux is, the singer had introduced himself as something greater than his performance was. Would that have mattered that he did?

Scenario 1...

He approaches a kind and polite person in the crowd, and asks "how'd I do?"

The reply is " hey looked great up there. The lightshow was awesome".

Scenario 2...

The singer asks an impolite, rather indifferent person " how'd I do up there"

The reply is " what? You sucked"

I'm the first person. Xerain is the second.

I was shocked when you said to add you up on pot5, for I've fought on same team lots. Hell, the last warzone was civil war and you were going on about focus fire strats, and a number of voidstar techniques. Do you not remember that discussion? Funny because I remembered...and then I see your new thread here..and..ya whatever. I won't be finishing that first video. I'm sorry. If you start a new thread with new material, I'll give that a shot.

I've never considered my videos as anything else but entertainment, and I don't ask people to get in my head during a warzone.

Pvp is about expressing Yourself, and using Your imagination. I rely on intuition, and the strength of that within my teammates.

My advice? Keep refining your craft. Or at least redefine your presentation. As artists we should always improve our work, and I highly encourage you to do the same.

Move on and keep on positively, constructively. Otherwise the mods should shut this thread down.

The pvp community, or you? You don't speak for everyone champ. I sincerely doubt I or anyone for that matter require your respect. I don't even know who you are. I'd like to see you back up all that talk though bic boi. Also, try raging less in your posts. It's not good to let your insecurities get the best of you.

To the person above me, the only ones who will cause this thread to be closed are xerian and his merry band if trolls.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I wish you 'rated warzone rating' toting imbeciles would leave this thread alone.

"Mommy Mommy I had Calculus class this semester and at one point I was struggling with the integral of e^2. My teacher was trying to explain it to me but I did not understand. But there was this guy in class, named Fabio! He makes 100's on all of the tests and he told me how he would do the integral of e^2. The thing is though... no one else in the class agreed with Fabio's assessment! They all screamed and yelled he is wrong he is wrong! With nothing to back up their claims! But they were so adamant about Fabio being wrong, it made me so confused! So I ended up not trusting Fabio because he did not have a graduate degree in Math to back up his assessment and also my classmates all said he was wrong. Fabio clearly has the ability to get his graduate degree in Math and will do so over the course of time. At the end of the semester Fabio had a 100 in the class and I ended up getting a C in the class because I missed the integral of e^2 on the final. Mommy I also got raped as a child by your brother's uncle's daddy."

You losers are the child that is screaming "Mommy".

*No longer responding and reacting to people who are not contributing to the discussion in a positive manner.*

What is this trash? Have you finished college yet? Seems like you think you are super educated but honestly your actions speak louder. Please go play rateds and get back to the PVP community who actually pvp. Regular warzones mean nothing in this game and do not show the same skill level as rateds. You have played this game for a year saying you are awesome at pvp. Please show us and don't bust out it take time like a college degree. These comparisons are extremely terrible. Just because you know how to play the game doesn't mean you can execute it at all.

Your Friend

Edited by waltersmom