Not Your Ordinary - PvP Videos

Polymerize

I'm trying to help you. I watched your vids, you didn't even look at what I linked you.

If you won't watch what I linked, watch your own video again. They would have won that match all the same if you were completely absent from that game, and your team would have had a hard 3 cap lock on that wz if a talented player was in your slot.

I did watch a little bit of your video. I even refuted your points; which by the way were not even worth reading.

I acknowledge your opinion. Thanks, move along.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did watch a little bit of your video. I even refuted your points; which by the way were not even worth reading.

I acknowledge your opinion. Thanks, move along.

I don't want you to acknowledge my opinion. I was trying to help you realize that you are not a great player, but actually an awful one.

It's fine, you'll never see it.

Here is all I ask: If I'm in a wz with a group, and you are solo, that you please leave if I let you know i'm in there. I can't think of anything worse than a unbuffed, unstimmed Assassin, with zero warzone adrenals, doing nothing but sitting between nodes, filling resolve, and endlessly talking in ops chat.

Edited by KettleBelll

I don't want you to acknowledge my opinion. I was trying to help you realize that you are not a great player, but actually an awful one.

It's fine, you'll never see it.

Here is all I ask: If I'm in a wz with a group, and you are solo, that you please leave if I let you know i'm in there. I can't think of anything worse than a unbuffed, unstimmed Assassin, with zero warzone adrenals, doing nothing but sitting between nodes, filling resolve, and endlessly talking in ops chat.

kbro.

Edited by Polymerize

Not sure against what sort of healers you play, but any half-way decent healer is basically unkillable 1v1, unless you are able to catch them without most/any cd's, and yours are all up.

I've personally chased an operative around for the better part of two minutes in a game where I reached 870dps, and at no point did he drop below 10%. Once a guardian joined in we were able to take him down, and still that took more time than what is the burst after you open from stealth.

I usually don't have much trouble with healers as long as I'm setup right. My initial burst hurts quite a bit and a healer has to be pretty quick on their feet. By the time I've opened up on say, a scoundrel, and he has popped dodge I've usually got 3 gcd's off and he's hurting. Most of the time I play in premade with my mates and if I don't finish off the healer in good time someone will usually come over to help. Personally I've never had any trouble with healers but each to their own I guess

I think the huttball video was the best, you spent the entire match stealthing around trying to pull people into firetraps, which worked a couple of times but also failed miserably, and then had the cheek to shout at your team mates that YOU need help.

Maybe if you spent less time shouting at your team mates and typing in chat and more time helping your team instead of trying to be a hero, the game would of worked out better.

I for one would not want you on my team as all you do is stay in stealth and shout abuse at everybody that is doing something.

I think the huttball video was the best, you spent the entire match stealthing around trying to pull people into firetraps, which worked a couple of times but also failed miserably, and then had the cheek to shout at your team mates that YOU need help.

Maybe if you spent less time shouting at your team mates and typing in chat and more time helping your team instead of trying to be a hero, the game would of worked out better.

I for one would not want you on my team as all you do is stay in stealth and shout abuse at everybody that is doing something.

Is that what you saw out of the match? That's it? *********** lol. The IQ of most of my viewers who comment seem to be borderline retarded. Do you know how many times I set up fire pulls on a very competent player in Krauxus and his competent guild mates from 'Clutch'? About 5 times I'd say. I stopped MULTIPLE caps and had a few offensive fire pulls that could have easily led towards a cap if any of my teammates knew how to play. How many times did I fail? ONE time. ONE. I pulled Nar-something and knock'ed him into the fire but fell off the edge, big whoop I still delayed him from moving forward so it wasn't even a 'fail'. Kindly fck off. Getting quite tired refuting you scrubs.

GUESS WHAT - I don't want you on my team either.

Edited by Polymerize

Don't get me wrong I think a lot of your concepts on how to play warzones are correct, like slowing enemies, getting ahead in huttball are good. But the way you go about it and the way you abuse your team is all wrong.

This is how an assassin, and warzones should be played

She covers a lot of the things you said, but accomplishes them by not being in stealth half the match.

You put your videos on here I believe for comments and opinions , but then when people give you their opinions you don't like them and hurl abuse at them, like you do in you videos to your team mates.

Edited by Tarotdoom

This guy is like a real life version of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

Polymerize, you clearly hold a high opinion of yourself, and when someone presents an opposing view, you attempt to shut them down by saying "Well you just don't understand my superior thinking". Being smarter than someone isn't half as important as not making them feel like it. Respect is given when it is earned, not taken because it is owed.

What's your in-game name? I'll be sure to ignore you. Whether you can Rambo a match and win it despite your team's stupidity is not what makes this game fun. It's about playing with OTHER PEOPLE and that means sometimes just going along to get along and have fun TOGETHER. Constantly thinking so much of yourself while playing and considering the other players (who are usually legitimately clueless as to what's going on, no disputing that) as having "lower thoughts" or not able to understand how to be truly great like you - that makes your personality wickedly unpalatable.

Why don't you try being that guy who is awesome, that guy who people can think "Thank God that guy's here, maybe we'll win!" instead of "Well here comes mister know-it-all to insult us again". There's a super old and true saying: He who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

It looked like I waited to stall the cap, but that was not the intention. I knew I had 4 teammates behind me but what I did not know was that they were being incompetent and were blatantly ignoring the objective, and were playing team death match. I had expected at least one of them to be watching the cap while I went and sapped someone.

Well, this is nit-picky, and probably just phrasing (maybe), but you hit a nerve here... something I hate when people do. You realize what you just typed here? You basically typed, "I expected one of the other four to be watching objectives, which is why I was ignoring the objective (at first)." Kind of ironic. :D

Well, this is nit-picky, and probably just phrasing (maybe), but you hit a nerve here... something I hate when people do. You realize what you just typed here? You basically typed, "I expected one of the other four to be watching objectives, which is why I was ignoring the objective (at first)." Kind of ironic. :D

No offense taken. But I think you're missing out on something in your thought process. I realize exactly what I typed here, and exactly what I did in the game.

Clearly, my intentions were behind the objective. Sapping someone would not be qualified as 'ignoring the objective' by any means. My other four teammates were clearly not doing anything involved with the objective. Their thought process had nothing to do with the objective and that was apparent. I sapped an enemy and immediately realized they were capping so I nullified this.

No ironies here :) That is a fair point to make against a lot of people though, yes.

I understand that my presentation is less than par. I understand that I may come across across as a *****. I get this.

What I do not get, is how all of you people come in here and base all of your posts off general assertions about my gameplay with no specifics and the quality of my character. If you're going to say how I play the game sucks and is wrong, then point out when and where things were done wrong and could be improved on. Saying 'everything sucks' is a fail on your part and it tells me you're an idiot.

I play solo for the most part. I moved to POT5 without knowing anyone, and I play a class that nobody gives any glory to. I could play tankasin and put up 'l33t d33ps' or whatever and 'get noticed', but I do not get my enjoyment through 'putting up the stats'. So I stick with my guns and I roll solo majority of the time, and I WIN GAMES. You might say that I am 'abusing' my team but the simple fact of the matter is if you're running solo and you are communicating AT ALL; then you're special in this community. Sure what I have to say can sometimes be demeaning, rash, and harsh. But guess what, DEAL WITH IT; I'm trying to win games not win a popularity contest. That is all I try to do when I play; win. I control the map and relay orders because that is what it takes to win some games. I have only put up FOUR videos do you really think they cover the gambit of my plethora of gameplay, especially since all four videos of me running solo???

When the summer starts, I'll be recording videos with actual teammates on my team and eventually a ranked squad. But be aware, that what you're getting right now, is ME playing BY MYSELF. SOLO. Can any of you people who say 'lul this guy plays like a retard lul stealthed the whole game bad lul bad' that you effect ANY game as much as I do?

If I had a pre made you would see less of me stealthing around and controlling the map and more of other things. But the simple fact is I am aware each game of what my team is capable of compared to the other team; and I act from that notion. I do what it takes to win games. If I were putting up videos of me doing 1 mill dmg per game and not communicating at all you people would be all google eyes over me; when what I do has much larger effect on the outcome of the game than any of that kind of *****.

So anyways, if any of you people who are jumping all of my 'character' want to bring up any specifics from the war zones to debate I'll be more than obliged. I'm not here to discuss my character in real life. Discussing my 'character' does not help anybody become better at the game, so drop that discussion and start discussing something that actually matters.

This guy is like a real life version of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

Polymerize, you clearly hold a high opinion of yourself, and when someone presents an opposing view, you attempt to shut them down by saying "Well you just don't understand my superior thinking". Being smarter than someone isn't half as important as not making them feel like it. Respect is given when it is earned, not taken because it is owed.

What's your in-game name? I'll be sure to ignore you. Whether you can Rambo a match and win it despite your team's stupidity is not what makes this game fun. It's about playing with OTHER PEOPLE and that means sometimes just going along to get along and have fun TOGETHER. Constantly thinking so much of yourself while playing and considering the other players (who are usually legitimately clueless as to what's going on, no disputing that) as having "lower thoughts" or not able to understand how to be truly great like you - that makes your personality wickedly unpalatable.

Why don't you try being that guy who is awesome, that guy who people can think "Thank God that guy's here, maybe we'll win!" instead of "Well here comes mister know-it-all to insult us again". There's a super old and true saying: He who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

When you put a lot of time into something and have a bunch of twits undermine what you do with half-hearted non-sensical posts, you tend to lose your cool. I do anyways. Try putting a lot of effort into something and see how much bs you can put up with. That being said I understand everything you wrote and will try to keep it in mind for future videos/posts.

Edited by Polymerize

Dude, you have video called "How You Should Play the Game"? That's pure arrogance, and after that title, people want to do nothing more than find a mistake and laugh at your arrogance.

But I shut up now, since I decided just to :rolleyes: and not to watch this stuff.

Hindsight is 20/20, everyone can think back to a warzone where they with they did something different and in review it seems like it was obvious. It takes guts to post a video because it shows your bad choices as well as your success and rarely will anyone point out your successes.

So. take all criticism with a grain of salt or a shaker full.

Edited by Ybini

Don't get me wrong I think a lot of your concepts on how to play warzones are correct, like slowing enemies, getting ahead in huttball are good. But the way you go about it and the way you abuse your team is all wrong.

This is how an assassin, and warzones should be played

She covers a lot of the things you said, but accomplishes them by not being in stealth half the match.

You put your videos on here I believe for comments and opinions , but then when people give you their opinions you don't like them and hurl abuse at them, like you do in you videos to your team mates.

I have watched her videos in the past. Definitely an exceptional player and from her videos/posts it is easy to see she is not unintelligent. She runs with premades. I run by myself. I do what it takes to win games as a solo-q'er. I wouldn't be 'in stealth half the match' and wouldn't be 'abusing my teammates in chat (aka informing them what they need to do in an urgent/rash manner)' if I had a pre made or was playing with teammates who knew how to win games the right way. From the videos you have seen thus far, I have done what it takes to win games. End of story. Perhaps after I put up some more videos some other things will come to light. Especially since future videos will have commentary/annotations. Thanks for your constructive post about my presentation/characer, I'm hoping your next one will be more concerned with gameplay though. Cheers.

Hindsight is 20/20, everyone can think back to a warzone where they with they did something different and in review it seems like it was obvious. It takes guts to post a video because it shows your bad choices as well as your success and rarely will anyone point out your successes.

So. take all criticism with a grain of salt or a shaker full.

Well stated. My recent points are full of garbage because I am essentially blinded with rage trying to reason with these people. My recent posts just further contribute to their quest to 'undermine my character' instead of focusing on improving the quality of the community through meaningful discussions concerning tact/awareness/strategy/etc.

Lol some no name baddie assassin who can't and won't be taken to rateds trying to tell kids how to play with terrible tactics.

So how is that -- pvp rating treating you bro?

Do not want to join any of your 'rateds', bro. I'll be forming my own squad with Doser over the summer when get him back into the game.

Also a note - funny how the community thinks that the rated's rating is a true measure of skill. This highest level of skill/synergy/communication/tactics/strategy/awareness that I have seen in rated matches on twitch.tv is a fckn joke. I have never played WoW but I'm sure that the level of gameplay on that game would poop all over this game.

Unless it's a total blow out, for $5 I can tell you why a particular character is totally awesome or totally dumb (and for $10 I'll do both) in any video you may want to use. If a game can be won by simply talking about it, I will never lose in any game I play. Of course when you actually play the game you find that playing the game isn't quite as simple as talking about the game. I can show you a video where we left no one to defend our only node and this is the only reason we won the game. I can also show you a video where we do the same thing and get 3 capped.

Unless it's a total blow out, for $5 I can tell you why a particular character is totally awesome or totally dumb (and for $10 I'll do both) in any video you may want to use. If a game can be won by simply talking about it, I will never lose in any game I play. Of course when you actually play the game you find that playing the game isn't quite as simple as talking about the game. I can show you a video where we left no one to defend our only node and this is the only reason we won the game. I can also show you a video where we do the same thing and get 3 capped.

Lmao ***? Dude i've seen your logic in other places throughout the forum please spare me.

he might be the person full of himself a lot of people say, but he uploaded the video instead of a thread full of whining and asking for some nerf, uploading a video where you don't result to be the best pvper around makes you a better pvper than many many others. it can happen to be facebeaten and assbeaten, it doesn't mean you cannot play or you don't understand the game. it's like playing a fps and pretending to don't being sniped..

interesting use of a new ability..phase walk..not everything in this game must be used following the path..or any move would be in rotation..

Edited by JouerTue
msitt

Do not want to join any of your 'rateds', bro. I'll be forming my own squad with Doser over the summer when get him back into the game.

Also a note - funny how the community thinks that the rated's rating is a true measure of skill. This highest level of skill/synergy/communication/tactics/strategy/awareness that I have seen in rated matches on twitch.tv is a fckn joke. I have never played WoW but I'm sure that the level of gameplay on that game would poop all over this game.

Yeah being a reg warzone hero is what it's all about right? That's true skill! Beating up unorganized, undergeared, scrubs and then claiming superiority!

Play with the big boys or ****.