Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

unScheduled Maintenance: May 5th, 2013 [Servers unAvailable]

shudon

Nice. Way to give us no notice. I'm sure none of us have been busy all week working and waiting for this weekend time to play the game. Thanks for the heads up. Please now fill us in with the super important bug that you fixed.

-Paying customer. (only sometimes right)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Way to give us no notice. I'm sure none of us have been busy all week working and waiting for this weekend time to play the game. Thanks for the heads up. Please now fill us in with the super important bug that you fixed.

-Paying customer. (only sometimes right)

No kidding. There's a way to do it right, and a way to do it HORRIBLY HORRIBLY wrong.

This would be the latter. No announcement on the forums, no blog post, no Twitter post, and absolutely no idea WHY. Not to mention only a 15-minute in-game notice instead of 30. Nice, guys.

Also a sub, and not happy about this.

Edited by Adwynyth

Only the Harbringer from what I see.

If that's the case, there's still a process for restarting a server, and it involves TELLING US so we can know how long it'll be down, and appreciate why it needed to be done.

nice. Way to give us no notice. I'm sure none of us have been busy all week working and waiting for this weekend time to play the game. Thanks for the heads up. Please now fill us in with the super important bug that you fixed.

-paying customer. (only sometimes right)

........qft

Unannounced maintenance on a weekend. And oh look, it's just the Harbinger again.

That should equal some extra cartel coins to everyone's account.

But instead we'll get jack-sh^t, a lame a*s we're sorry and still have a buggy server.

I can understand if it were ALL the servers, and something major had to happen. But its only The Harbinger, AGAIN. There isn't even a notice from BW stating how long it might be down or anything. At least they could give us some idea. Should I stay up and hope that my guildmates will stick around to finish the OP we were doing, or should we just call it a night?

I wait all weekend for the chance to run OPs and this is what I get? Please, please, please put in server transfers soon so we can get off this faulty server.

Well... it seems to me that this was more of a server crash. I wouldn't call it unscheduled maintenance since it only involves Harbinger and it was so sudden. Something happened to Harbinger that warranted a shut down. What it could be... I have no idea.

So... my guess is, it is very serious. Hopefully they are working to restore service as we speak.

Not sure when the server crashed (it looks like it really crashed, since it is just Harbinger), but if it crashed 30 minutes ago, I would not be surprised if they still tired to figure out what happened so it could be fixed. And giving no or vague ETA is usually better, to avoid putting foot in your mouth if something goes wrong.

But an acknowledgment on Twitter that server crashed would be nice...

Unannounced maintenance on a weekend. And oh look, it's just the Harbinger again.

That should equal some extra cartel coins to everyone's account.

But instead we'll get jack-sh^t, a lame a*s we're sorry and still have a buggy server.

Yeeeah i agree ^

Well... it seems to me that this was more of a server crash. I wouldn't call it unscheduled maintenance since it only involves Harbinger and it was so sudden. Something happened to Harbinger that warranted a shut down. What it could be... I have no idea.

So... my guess is, it is very serious. Hopefully they are working to restore service as we speak.

However, this has been happening to Harbinger rather frequently lately. This seems to imply something serious is wrong with Harbinger and they are only apply bandaids to the real problem without really fixing it.

However, this has been happening to Harbinger rather frequently lately. This seems to imply something serious is wrong with Harbinger and they are only apply bandaids to the real problem without really fixing it.

Well.. With the amount of QQ in this thread.. Do you really expect them to fix it now?? Let's be real here..

Seems to me this is a catch 22.. People QQ if they fix it with an unannounced maintenance.. As if everything bad that can go wrong announces itself..

Then they QQ for not fixing it and just put a band aid or a quick fix in hopes waiting until normal maintenance..

Seems to me that people just live to QQ.. :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.