A fair compromise on customization charges

JimG

Let me preface this by saying, I'm fine with the plan to charge for customization changes. I have 13 characters and honestly don't think I'll be changing anything on any of them. However, I do see the wisdom in creating some goodwill with the subs.

That being said, if it were me, I would give all subs 1 free, bound customization token for all existing characters (1 token per character, not per account). This would allow them to complete 1 full round of changes (as many or as few of the options as they want) without any charge on each of their existing characters. Basically, 1 free do-over or set of revisions to your character. So preferred and F2P would still have to pay coins and any further changes for subs or changes for newly created characters would cost coins as well. But all subs would get 1 free shot at using the customization kiosk to change their existing characters.

CoH used to do something similar to this with their costume change tokens that would periodically be given out to subs. Like I said, I'm fine with them charging for it, but it seems like it might be a good move to create some goodwill with your subs.

I think this is a great idea, however I would amend it to not be a FULL COMPLETE change. Maybe something like, one free big change or two free small changes.

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe have a cap on the amount of changes based upon cost. For example, the token would be a one-time fee waiver for the change up to X amount of coins.

It's not. If you have a subscription you have a stipend. You're not paying any extra.

Unless you can somehow get them without cash changing hands. It's not really free.

However, Doesn't matter the semantics of the wording. It's a personal opinion thing. There is another thread on it. You are neither right nor wrong but nor am I.

Unless you can somehow get them without cash changing hands. It's not really free.

However, Doesn't matter the semantics of the wording. It's a personal opinion thing. There is another thread on it. You are neither right nor wrong but nor am I.

Wow talk about arguing semantics. By your definition of free nothing in the game is free to subscribers even the most minor patches. :rolleyes:

The prices I've seen so far are right within stipend so you are getting on free.

/thread

I see Andryah has started multikeying, bad Andryah!

Content update features should not be charged extra on top of the subscription.