Bioware what are you going to do about PvP

DarthWoad

Can anyone who works for bioware please give a statement for the PvP fixes that should be made...

PvP just seems like an afterthought.... do you realise there is an EXPLOIT which means people are unfairly getting an advantage in warzones.

EXPLOIT

Why are you choosing to ignore it? Why is it taking so long? If this was something to do with PvE it would be fixed instantly.

And theres also the problem with mod prices check the other thread on the forum for additional details assuming you even read the pvp forum. People in my guild are leaving...they are cancelling their subs because they hate the pvp..

im assuming its taking longer to get out a patch b/c they are taking time to be thorough so there are no more issues. would you rather have an "emergency patch" every week to fix a huge bug, or wait an extra week or two and have 1 patch that actually solves the whole problem?

im assuming its taking longer to get out a patch b/c they are taking time to be thorough so there are no more issues. would you rather have an "emergency patch" every week to fix a huge bug, or wait an extra week or two and have 1 patch that actually solves the whole problem?

LOL! ....or...were you serious?! :confused:

Yes id rather they fix this as quickly as possible...yet again knowing bioware with your second option there will be more bugs than before lol

This.

While it totally sucks that since 2.0 PvP has not been the same for obvious reasons I rather them pinpoint the real issue rather than doing multiple hot fixes which would lead to oversight and cause more issues.

This.

While it totally sucks that since 2.0 PvP has not been the same for obvious reasons I rather them pinpoint the real issue rather than doing multiple hot fixes which would lead to oversight and cause more issues.

If I thought for even a moment that that was actually what was happening, I'd agree...but I don't think there's even a possibility that they're actively working on it "behind the scenes". To me, it appears to be a back burner issue to many other things - I bet they feel it fits within their "metrics" close enough that it's not an urgent thing for them - they'll "get to it".

It definitely is an unacceptable situation. I think the current state is that they are acutely aware of the colossal cluster-F they have created, and they are trying to figure out how the heck to dig themselves out of the mess they've made of things. Eric replied this week and said he has no update besides what he provided at the end of last week (which itself isn't very much, but at least it was communication).

I would be surprised if the fix came next week. I really do think the PvP mess they've created is very severe, and in a perfect world, they'd revert to the old way and take the time to fix every issue and release a polished, usable system. Since that's probably not going to happen, they might as well take their time with the patch and get it right. Of course, the longer this takes, the more people are going to be driven away.

Hopefully they understand the seriousness of the issue and will address it before too much permanent damage and ill-will is cultivated.

If I thought for even a moment that that was actually what was happening, I'd agree...but I don't think there's even a possibility that they're actively working on it "behind the scenes". To me, it appears to be a back burner issue to many other things - I bet they feel it fits within their "metrics" close enough that it's not an urgent thing for them - they'll "get to it".

I think its a pretty unrealistic thing to say that this issue is on the "back burner". I am willing to bet that they simply do not know how to fix it. Take the rare bug that would put you in the spawn area as dead and your only option was to leave the warzone, they literally had no idea what was causing the issue and relied heavily on player feedback to solve it.

I imagine that this is what is going on, they know what is happening they just do not know how to fix it without breaking something else.

They know how popular PvP is and while this is a PvE game first they know how many players partake in warzones and I am sure they want this fixed as much as any major bug.

ha

hahaha

hahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

LOL - that was a good one ..

Unfortunately - they knew about this problem on the PTS server .. they didnt seem to take their time then, why would then now? Man - stop being a sheeple.

It's like codependent relationship.

I, like you, have been here for awhile. And I, like you, have learned to set my expectations, after a year+ of disappointment.

The only thing that they are working is the next Cartel Market item that will have players spending cash.

Bioware was made aware on the PTS several times that 2.0 had significant problems when it came to PvP. Bioware chose to DELETE those threads and act as if all was well. This is why so many people where pissed off when Eric came to the forums and was all "...thanks for pointing that out! We didn't know. We'll take a look." in response to complaints regarding problems he was already aware of and had already responded to on the PTS forum.

PvP is such a low priority it's insane. They only thing that they are concerned with is making it as accessible as possible to aid retention and new players. Balance and competent design will come later, if there is a later.

Give up people they don't give a flying **** about things which don't make them $$$$$$

I'd love to have argument to the contrary...

...but, I cannot.

The shift of "fully-voiced", epic player experience where your meaningful choices will determine your journey, to CC money grab is blatant.

They're afraid of major competitors about to be released soon such as Elder Scrolls Online or Wildstar. They believe SWTOR can't survive this, therefore they just want to milk people with Cartel Market BS as much as they can before the game dies for good.

Do you think they would create major pvp content right now ? Or even think about pvp at all ?

Priority = $$$ before game dies. Simple. Look at what's coming out in patch 2.1: Cartel Market charater customization...

I f***ing love it EAware keep up the good work.

Agreed. EAware need to do something immediately.

Lame excuse. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few ways to work around this:

1. REMOVE BOLSTER from 55 pvp NOW.

2. Punish the exploiters. Set a hard date for when the punishing will begin (to give time for people to stop doing it).

3. This is by far the simplest option: send a mail to everyone in-game explaining how the augment exploit works and how to best take advantage of it. At the start of every warzone, post a message onscreen telling players to check their mail for a message about a critical exploit. Also, it wouldn't hurt to make removing augments in warzones cost zero credits. If that's too complicated to code, make all augment removal cost zero credits. They screwed up, they need to make it right.

Doing nothing out of fear of screwing up again is no excuse. They need to make it right. NOW.

Edited by teclado