No. 1 in DPS - zero kills.

Cretinus

What is it that makes these PvE heroes think that WZs is DPS uber alles? I see more and more people making a huuuge amount of dmg, but hardly killing anybody. They're probably stupidly trying to solo other DPSers who are getting healed from behind. These fellows find themselves amaaaazing cause they are no. 1 on the DPS meters. When things go wrong they always complain that the group doesn't have enough DPS, they believe that PvP is all about DPS and optimized rotas. It's about time that people start to understand how PvP and WZs work.

What you seem to forget is that if you don't get help it is very hard to kill a healer. So if the rest of your team ignores the marked healer and rather beat on the tank who is healed by him you will reach high dps while keeping the healer busy.

Keeping the healer busy is also often better than killing the healer, because either way you take the healer out. Losing one dps doesn't matter that much in a wz, but losing a healer can make the difference.

What you seem to forget is that if you don't get help it is very hard to kill a healer. So if the rest of your team ignores the marked healer and rather beat on the tank who is healed by him you will reach high dps while keeping the healer busy.

Keeping the healer busy is also often better than killing the healer, because either way you take the healer out. Losing one dps doesn't matter that much in a wz, but losing a healer can make the difference.

Unless you're fighting near the side turret on Alderaan, killing the healer is always better than just keeping him busy. It's just that you usually can't actually kill the healer so keeping him busy is the next best thing.

You actually get the highest DPS without killing anybody by attacking healers, because that's the one guy they definitely remember to heal. Healers sometimes forget to heal other people, including the guy who guarded him for very large amount of HPs, but even the worst healer always remember to heal themselves.

generally when im top damage, its because im the ONLY person focusing the healers, and they never die cuz everyone else is just attacking the people getting healed

This here^^

I get stupidly high damage when Im the only one marking and hitting healers. Im getting better at taking them down. but you only have so many interrupts on their heals.

generally when im top damage, its because im the ONLY person focusing the healers, and they never die cuz everyone else is just attacking the people getting healed

Happens to me constantly as well. Before people complain about high dps/low kills maybe they should investigate why this is. I am regularly the only or one of two players attacking the healers which gives everyone else more ability to kill other things (even if they should be focusing on healers as well)

This, so much this. I've really enjoyed being in the Civil War and seeing I am the ONLY person on my team in the backfield trying to take down the healers. Sadly there is normally a healer healing the healer I'm trying to kill while the rest of my team is fighting the guarded guys pushing off the node. It's always fun watching people ignore marked players too.

So did both teams just completely ignore objectives for this one? Neither team even hit 600.

I wasn't in that game, so I can't give a 100% right answer.

But here is my guess:

1. on both teams there is one player with a lot of objective points, they were probably deffing.

2. when mid has a stalemate and nearly nobody dies, you can't gather the balls

what other objectives are there?

I wasn't in that game, so I can't give a 100% right answer.

But here is my guess:

1. on both teams there is one player with a lot of objective points, they were probably deffing.

2. when mid has a stalemate and nearly nobody dies, you can't gather the balls

what other objectives are there?

Looks like the other team either couldnt be bothered to take the pylon or they where being delayed or something.

This has happened to me a couple times in NC. The other team has mid and their side bunker. I and one or two others charge mid all game while 2 defend our base and the rest spend most of the game sneaking to the enemy's side base. The enemy keeps 4 or 5 mid and the rest at their other base. I do lots of damage but if there's a healer, a peeler and a couple dps in mid I won't kill anyone. The ones going to the far node get a few kills but can't cap or hold it because they are unintelligent chicken droppings that don't understand the map. Edited by Savej

I was on a team in 31-54 Repub last night as my Shadow and it was a focus fire festival on our side. It was magnificent and the first time I have seen that in a long, long time. Our healer actually didn't have to work too hard because they were melting so fast.

Maybe that's something that comes from PvE. It bugs the poop out of me when I come out of stealth, as the first attacker and then you know, more enemies and friends show up, and they all start attacking somebody else, instead of the guy I have at 1/4 health, who then gets healed while everyone runs around. I am not a rage quitter because I like racking up medals and leveling through PvP, but I do shake my head so often I fear I will develop a tick.

this ... happens every second WZ ...

This is maddening, isn't it. Oh, the corsshealz... :/

For the screenshot involved, since there were something like 3 deaths on both sides total you can assume most rounds went by without anyone even taking a single pylon. It's not very hard to ensure the other side can't cap a pylon if your guys never died.

Since objectives were never capped there is no objective points for defending or attacking.

This also indicates a problem with the game how at the high level the team seems to built around not losing than actually trying to win and then you get these snoozefest matches as long as one team is built that way, let alone both.