[Bug] Immortal dark blood not equal to inner peace/

I have noticed that the dark blood talent only raises internal/elemental resistance by 4%, while guardian inner peace talent increase internal/elemental by 5%.

As these are mirror talents they should be doing the same thing. Some input from the devs would be appreciated, letting us know that this issue is on their radar. I would ask all jugg/guardian tanks to post in this thread in the interest of class balance to have this issue resolved. Let us keep this civil, just a quick post in support on the threads purpose.

Edited by GalenMourne

I have both classes, and just logged in to confirm this. The talent trees do indeed show 2/4% vs. 2.5/5%. I then respecced both characters to test the gain on the paperdoll window. Tests were performed with no buffs except soresu stance (which adds 6% DR). I left clothing on, expecting it to make no difference.

No talents spent:

------------------------

My guardian (level 51): 6%

My jugg (level 55): 6%

Again, the 6% here is the passive bonus from soresu stance.

With left-tree talents:

------------------------

Guardian: 11%

Jugg: 10%.

So the paper-doll confirms the gain is 5% for guardians and 4% for juggs. Wow. Either the paper-doll is lying to us (which is a major bug that needs fixing), or guardians currently have a small but significant advantage over juggs (which is a major bug that needs fixing).

I have both classes, and just logged in to confirm this. The talent trees do indeed show 2/4% vs. 2.5/5%. I then respecced both characters to test the gain on the paperdoll window. Tests were performed with no buffs except soresu stance (which adds 6% DR). I left clothing on, expecting it to make no difference.

No talents spent:

------------------------

My guardian (level 51): 6%

My jugg (level 55): 6%

Again, the 6% here is the passive bonus from soresu stance.

With left-tree talents:

------------------------

Guardian: 11%

Jugg: 10%.

So the paper-doll confirms the gain is 5% for guardians and 4% for juggs. Wow. Either the paper-doll is lying to us (which is a major bug that needs fixing), or guardians currently have a small but significant advantage over juggs (which is a major bug that needs fixing).

I did the same, took some screens of the changes shown in the various states, had the same results. Not going to bother to upload the images since I'm sure this has been observed in game by more than just the two of us.

Since I don't anticipate tanking anytime soon on the Jugg, I'm not personally concerned about this, but it really does need to be addressed (though I expect Guardians will get the 1% nerf instead of the other way around).

****. Just logged back in to confirm this. dayum. no kidding.

Edit: tried telling people on my server, got nothing but "who cares" and "1% is nothing, up your skill" which is funny because I am dps.

Edited by Magnusheart

Edit: tried telling people on my server, got nothing but "who cares" and "1% is nothing, up your skill" which is funny because I am dps.

I am sorry that they are being silly. If it is nothing, surely the guardian community on your server would be willing to take a 1% nerf!

But seriously, 1% adds up. If it didn't, why would any of us spend skill points on 1-2% more strength, shield chance, endurance, etc...?

Still hoping for an official comment here. It's obviously an oversight, and probably easily fixed. The only debate is over which direction the fix ought to take.

Did it ever occur to any of you that this may be just a Tool Tip error?

I mean, have any of you parsed the Damage Tank on a Guardian vs. Juggernaut. If not, it may be better to simply submit a bug instead of jumping to conclusions.

Did it ever occur to any of you that this may be just a Tool Tip error?

I mean, have any of you parsed the Damage Tank on a Guardian vs. Juggernaut. If not, it may be better to simply submit a bug instead of jumping to conclusions.

It's not just a tooltip error, because it's been tested on the character window as well. So either there's a 1% DR bug, or a bug with stat-reporting in the character window --- either of which is an important bug to fix. Yes, several of us have filed a bug report. :-)

1% is small enough to be difficult to confirm without a lot of parsing effort, given that most damage abilities have a range over which they hit. If anybody knows an ability that hits for a constant amount of internal/elemental damage, please let me know, and I'll go check. But since I don't know of any such, It's reasonable to ask the devs: "What's up with this?"

Edit: Someone suggested the fires on Dromund Kaas, but these seem to be energy damage; they are mitigated by armor.

Edited by Khalhazar

We got a reply in the tanking forum:

Hi there Tanks!

I wanted to let you folks know that we are currently planning to correct the damage reduction for Dark Blood up to 2.5% to match Inner Peace in Game Update 2.1.1. As always, if anything changes as a result of testing, I'll be sure to let you know.

• 2 weeks later...