The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

KDY

Level 65 Guardian who demanded healing from my dps Commando. We started the first scenario: armory or something where you have to destroy weapons. Things started to go weird slowly. Sage healer started to pull because of that same Guardian demanded that she should do the pulls. At least we went counter-clockwise so no too much running around. Guardian wanted to go to last large room but I mentioned that we still need to destroy stuff in that second to last room. I could've done but there was still enemies everywhere so I skipped that. BUT Guardian decided to call me a "noob" because of that. Sage left, Guardian exits instance but doesn't reque us. So, there I was alone in KDY just like a long time ago on different character. I couldn't move for few seconds and then I right clicked my characters picture -> Group -> Quit group.

Edited by Halinalle

KDY

Level 65 Guardian who demanded healing from my dps Commando. We started the first scenario: armory or something where you have to destroy weapons. Things started to go weird slowly. Sage healer started to pull because of that same Guardian demanded that she should do the pulls. At least we went counter-clockwise so no too much running around. Guardian wanted to go to last large room but I mentioned that we still need to destroy stuff in that second to last room. I could've done but there was still enemies everywhere so I skipped that. BUT Guardian decided to call me a "noob" because of that. Sage left, Guardian exits instance but doesn't reque us. So, there I was alone in KDY just like a long time ago on different character. I couldn't move for few seconds and then I right clicked my characters picture -> Group -> Quit group.

How I miss The Old KDY. You could do it while brain dead, but it was good Old fun.

You always run the risk of incredi-bads in GF, but it has gotten way more interesting to me with 4.0....

The number of folks who queue with double digit rating gear then complain that it's too hard, or expect others to carry them through is mind boggling right now.

Had a tank queue yesterday with premium 90-134 rating DPS+Tank gear in a 65 HM flashpoint, bail out of Lost Island because healer couldn't keep up (she was doing everything she could). "This just isn't going to happen guys..." were his parting words. No crap, Sherlock.

Just had to quit a Maelstrom Prison 65 HM because the other DPS and Healer were in very similar gear as the tank above. And the other DPS (Sentinel, of course) insisted on pulling... Healer was melting like a snowball in hell. When someone dies on every trash pull, something is very wrong.

Am I taking crazy pills, or has this gotten worse? The JC server used to be a relatively pleasant place for GF... now I worry every time I queue. I feel like "bolster" has given bads/new players a false sense of entitlement when it comes to 65 HMs... Gah!

You always run the risk of incredi-bads in GF, but it has gotten way more interesting to me with 4.0....

The number of folks who queue with double digit rating gear then complain that it's too hard, or expect others to carry them through is mind boggling right now.

Had a tank queue yesterday with premium 90-134 rating DPS+Tank gear in a 65 HM flashpoint, bail out of Lost Island because healer couldn't keep up (she was doing everything she could). "This just isn't going to happen guys..." were his parting words. No crap, Sherlock.

Just had to quit a Maelstrom Prison 65 HM because the other DPS and Healer were in very similar gear as the tank above. And the other DPS (Sentinel, of course) insisted on pulling... Healer was melting like a snowball in hell. When someone dies on every trash pull, something is very wrong.

Am I taking crazy pills, or has this gotten worse? The JC server used to be a relatively pleasant place for GF... now I worry every time I queue. I feel like "bolster" has given bads/new players a false sense of entitlement when it comes to 65 HMs... Gah!

People are queuing for 65 HM's in that kind of gear? I haven't touched those since I don't have any 212 gear yet (which is the recommended gear rating when I mouse over in GF). I have to assume people aren't seeing that when they queue, because who in their right mind would queue for something so woefully undergeared?

Edited by aerockyul
Error

g.

What about when you get a tactical group and nobody is willing to start the fights? They just stand there behind you.

You might get 4 dps and there are all just there waiting for the first tool to start the fight and carry the others...

Just annoying when the others assume you should start the fights only because you are 65 or melee lets get our dps tank tool!

And even more annoying when you have 2 tanks and none of them is willing to start it...

Edited by psikofunkster

What about when you get a tactical group and nobody is willing to start the fights? They just stand there behind you.

You might get 4 dps and there are all just there waiting for the first tool to start the fight and carry the others...

Just annoying when the others assume you should start the fights only because you are 65 or melee lets get our dps tank tool!

And even more annoying when you have 2 tanks and none of them is willing to start it...

That has happened to me a couple times when it's three dps and my healer. They huddle behind me and wait for a force storm or force wave that is not coming. Finally one brave dps jumps in and we plow ahead, only to do the same thing at the boss. I guess since every time I end up taking all the aggro anyway, I might as well just accept my new responsibilities as the healtank and get the fights started quicker.

That has happened to me a couple times when it's three dps and my healer. They huddle behind me and wait for a force storm or force wave that is not coming. Finally one brave dps jumps in and we plow ahead, only to do the same thing at the boss. I guess since every time I end up taking all the aggro anyway, I might as well just accept my new responsibilities as the healtank and get the fights started quicker.

I say, as the Force Stormer of the group, that you should initiate. :D

Assault on Tython

Second boss: We get the boss killed but I dragged boss out of Arsenal Merc's Death From Above once. I said sorry even before boss died.

Last boss: Obviously Merc was angry about what I did in previous boss fight and starts kiting the boss around the room constantly when boss has 50% hp and I decided to not use Orbital Strike or Plasma Probe, just waste of energy in that situation.

I say, as the Force Stormer of the group, that you should initiate. :D

Do it if you want, you will end with all the mobs gather around you and pretty much as a sorcerer with light armor = dead.

ok ok perhaps not dead if you are good but you get my point...

Edited by psikofunkster

had a lovely DP run when it wasnt in daily ops... :o

I was on my merc healer healing (obviously enough) along with a friend of mine on his sorc.

Us healers were way way better geared than SM recommended as we were wearing multiple set pieces along with a mix of mostly 216/220 gear. (without relics)

They had (somehow) already cleared Bestia...and i have no idea how.

There were two marauders in the group... oh boy... :eek:

So when i walked up to the dread palace entrance i couldnt enter... why?

People were clearing trash with 4 group members there!

Ofcourse the other healer couldnt keep up with all the dps taking damage, as the lack of proper CC was pretty obvious... which resulted in a wipe. (Me and the Sorc were on skype)

So! Tyrans! People asked for tactics before the boss... my friend and me explained as short and well as possible:

''Dont stand in stupid, if you have simplification on you move to a edge.''

Every ops buff we had got popped at the start... unlimited power, supercharged celerity and bloodthirst.

How much health do you think Tyrans lost in those 10 seconds? I'd say 5% was the most we got out of the ops buffs, probably not even.

Wrong things: Tanks not turning him away so the group gets cleaved all the time, marauders running around and doing absolutely nothing, people standing in stupid, people not walking to a edge when they have simplification on them! :eek:

So... i have the policy to not attack unless people are (nearly) topped off... i use electro net at the start of every boss fight so i can keep a slight track of time. :cool:

a whole total of 4 other electro nets were fired after the first 1! thats a 10 min boss fight! :mad:

What makes it even worse is that a second round of ops buffs got used and again! barely any damage while used!

We were having a good laugh over skype, its almost amazing how awfull it was. :D

To top it all off... we ended with one platform left... and Tyrans ENRAGING! :eek:

He had 30k health left when we wiped.

Next try: same things as above happened but the other healer threw affliction on him when it was wearing off! no enrage, no wipes, nearly no deaths.

Calphayus: Wipe cause people didnt split at second phase and another wipe after that cause people didnt destroy a certain crystal.

Raptus: everything was fine except one thing... THE DPS CHALLENGE FAILED!? :mad:

Dread council: due to the harsh nerfs SM Council got this was NOT a challenge. even with these people.

Seriously... 6 raid buff usage on the second boss with 2 marauders and we hit enrage...? :rak_02:

Do it if you want, you will end with all the mobs gather around you and pretty much as a sorcerer with light armor = dead.

ok ok perhaps not dead if you are good but you get my point...

Well I assumed you meant in tacticals, in which case it shouldn't matter much. Well I've been reading that tacticals now are more difficult than before, but anyway. During 3.0 I FS'd my way to 60 and it was fast and I had a blast, even after it was nerfed /cry.

Well I assumed you meant in tacticals, in which case it shouldn't matter much. Well I've been reading that tacticals now are more difficult than before, but anyway. During 3.0 I FS'd my way to 60 and it was fast and I had a blast, even after it was nerfed /cry.

Try it now and you will be dead in seconds.

Esp. with 3 moutbreathing, windowlicking KDY or instant 60 graduates in the group.

Assault on Tython

Second boss: We get the boss killed but I dragged boss out of Arsenal Merc's Death From Above once. I said sorry even before boss died.

Last boss: Obviously Merc was angry about what I did in previous boss fight and starts kiting the boss around the room constantly when boss has 50% hp and I decided to not use Orbital Strike or Plasma Probe, just waste of energy in that situation.

Lol, don't apologize for pulling a boss out of a death from above. Unless this happened right at the start of the fight (when the boss and the adds were are up at the same time), he shouldn't have been using it anyway on the boss. Besides, its a what, 8k damage loss over the whole fight?

And if he was kiting as revenge, that's just spiteful, but to play devils advocate here he may have just been trying to minimize the damage he was taking (after all, arsenal mercs have exactly 1 attack in their rotation they can't use while moving, and even that one can get procced two different ways).

instant 60 graduates in the group.

Those and kids are the worst, and don't get me wrong everybody has a right to play, problem is when you mix veterans and those...

During the morning i did a tactical with a kid as the tank leading us, one of the worst FP ever, my patience tested to the limit I swear no to touch GF during mornings specially on republic side...

Edited by psikofunkster

Lol, don't apologize for pulling a boss out of a death from above. Unless this happened right at the start of the fight (when the boss and the adds were are up at the same time), he shouldn't have been using it anyway on the boss. Besides, its a what, 8k damage loss over the whole fight?

He did get 1/3 or 1/2 in before boss got out of the area.

I also used AoEs in boss fights but that's because most of the damage in Engineering comes from Plasma Probe.

He ran from kolto to kolto and lost maybe 10% hp between kolto station while everyone else stayed at full hp. I know, I probably had more dps than any of the others in the group but since I was limited to Interrogation Probe, Explosive Probe, EMP Discharge, Frag Grenade, Snipe and Series of Shots it wasn't easy.

Edited by Halinalle

Considering the ****** gear many are coming with into ops these days i'm not surprised.

Enraging Sparky anyone?

Saw it, was surprised as hell. Bolster is OP af, how do people manage to do that low dps?

Oh wait, I know. Healer (8/10) in that run asked everyone on starparse and I logged there only to see his 16 APM and 0 dmg on the boss (and it was 2nd pull, I specced my tank to veng but one of the dps died to a door boss on pull). Obviously, he knew we had dps issues but... Never bothered to do anything but to heal incoming damage which is, as we all know, totally negligible there. For the rest of the fight he just stood there and watched I guess.

Just... LOL.

TfB wiping raid with irregularities anyone? Happened twice to my group on sm and never on hm so far :D

HM Draxus wipefests? M&B wipes to group running in front of blaster and tank being unable to tank Master as well as healers being bad?

Not weird people but really weird run considering all the "tacticals are 2 difficult!!!1!" stuff on forums. Well, maybe I was a bit weird.

Assault on Tython TFP

I join when the group is fighting first boss (Major Travik) but we have to start from beginning when I get there. No problem. Everyone else is lower level and I am almost at level cap. They die slowly one by one and I keep the fight going until they get back all the way from starting location... I did that as Infiltration Shadow. We managed to kill the boss this time. Few deaths here and there. It's understandable because this was originally designed for level 55.

Last boss: Again same thing: low levels die one by one and I kept fighting. After few minutes I just couldn't get to kolto fast enough so I died. We try again and this time everyone survives longer. Two of them die though so I decided to see if we could still kill the boss. I started using Phase Walk to quickly access kolto station. We managed to kill the boss.

Tacticals are difficult?

Edited by Halinalle

I just had the most weird TFP pug run I've ever had. got a pop KDY in progress.

2 tanks, 2 dps. It could be 4 zombies for this one. Anyways, The other tank was in the group, but outside the instance. We clear the trash and the bosses pretty easy, and out of the blue one of the dps quits. The guy I was left with was obviously a newbie as he\she didn't knew the tactics for the final boss, Nor did reque us.

The fight ended with both of us and our comps killing The final boss. Thank god it was KDY. Lol.

Not weird people but really weird run considering all the "tacticals are 2 difficult!!!1!" stuff on forums. Well, maybe I was a bit weird.

Assault on Tython TFP

I join when the group is fighting first boss (Major Travik) but we have to start from beginning when I get there. No problem. Everyone else is lower level and I am almost at level cap. They die slowly one by one and I keep the fight going until they get back all the way from starting location... I did that as Infiltration Shadow. We managed to kill the boss this time. Few deaths here and there. It's understandable because this was originally designed for level 55.

Last boss: Again same thing: low levels die one by one and I kept fighting. After few minutes I just couldn't get to kolto fast enough so I died. We try again and this time everyone survives longer. Two of them die though so I decided to see if we could still kill the boss. I started using Phase Walk to quickly access kolto station. We managed to kill the boss.

Tacticals are difficult?

I felt so awesome in my Tython run with one of my maras this last weekend. It's one of these dreaded 4-dps pops, and as the only one with two-sabers, I was assumed to do all the pulling. I felt awesome because I hit less than 5% on more than a few pulls and boss fights and never actually died, while the other guys were dropping here and there occasionally. At the first boss I was also the only one dealing with the adds, and did most of the damage to the big guy. Got through the whole thing with the original group, no rage-quits, the guys never said anything, but they did a good job handling the healing stations (I only had to mess with them when they all three died at the first boss and I was running back and forth just to keep it going til they got back)

Weird guys were the two dps who had a couple healing abilities but only ever used them outside of fights. As their out-of-combat regen! I saw more people doing this all weekend in other FPs. Almost all of them above level 60. In more than one instance I wanted to yell into chat for guys to use their out-of-combat. Then I thought about those healing stations and I'm sure newbs are just thinking **** it I'll hit the station when the fight starts, and they just run the whole flashpoint this way.

done sm ops in pug good group with one exception the 2 off tanks we had first one rage quitted after nefra killed him instead of standing next to me he was running around and constantly taunting her away from me and dps who have taken his spot rage quit manage to solo tank up to last boss ( great heals ) got to brontes new tank joined the only problem he didn't hold agro and any oif his targets when asked why can't he hold agro hes respond was when i get agro im starting to louse my hp so its better this way

(Read so much of this thread when I was bored before, finally decided to add something from a bit ago)

Tactical Blood Hunt (SM)

My Shadow Tank, Jedi Guardian, DPS Shadow, and DPS Sage.

Came into the flashpoint late, someone had left and I could only assume because it was the "Mandalorian Couple" that I believe people dread. Since there was already a tank there I decide to let them tank and re-spec into DPS, as we wipe constantly against them (People standing on the edge caused a lot of the problems) we wipe about, honestly I'm surprised we wiped that much we wiped over ten times I'm sure. Eventually the DPS shadow leaves after saying how its impossible to win. At this time I had respec back to tank, because I would rip off the tank here and there and the fact that he he kept standing in fire despite being told to move from that spot.

After we reque, we get a DPS Sage, eventually we do it again and we beat them. We get to Torch, and wipe twice, the third time Me and the new DPS Sage end up soloing Torch each of us running to a kolto station.

Before we got the new sage, I think we wiped a total of around 20 times. Its kind of funny that only one person left while the others only got more determined to see the flashpoint finished.

Battle of Ilum TFP on my Infil Shadow.

Pull, pull, pull, pull, Gold!!!1!, pull, pull, Can'tresistthatgoldcolor... No time for me to stealth. I didn't want to use Force Cloak after every pull. Until I got DC'd from internet for 30+ minutes. Probably better that way.

Decided to queue for a tactical on my Juggernaut to practice tanking a little and procrastinate doing school work. One of the members says that they can't zone in right away. No biggie, we wait what is probably only two minutes. The missing dps starts loading in when the healer drops group without a word. The other DPS who was waiting with me leaves without saying anything either. We queue up again again and get a level 15 operative healer and a 65 DPS sorc. The sorc says that they were just kicked from their last tactical for not being a healer. WTH right?

Honestly though it was a great group. We got to smash through everything with no deaths (except for when I accidentally walked off a cliff that I'm pretty sure none in the history of swtor has fallen off of), and the whole group was just really chatty and friendly. Like there was a conversation or jokes going the entire time. It was pretty great.

We decided to queue up for a second one together afterwards, and I would have been down for a third if I didn't have to get back to my paper. Guess it's not really "The weird people you meet in GF" but it made me pretty happy to be playing an MMO.

Edited by Fiamma_Verde

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.