The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

HS SM - on my lowbie Marauder ... Sorc Heals, Powertech DPS (or Merc DPS don't remember) and Sin Tank (Believe the PT/Merc (since I don't remember) was a little high level for HS but fine). Sorc heals says nothing, takes its time to move to the first group, barely attacks or heals. Sin Tank calls out for heals, Sorc Heals doesn't reply. Doesn't heal AT ALL, throws a Resurgence from time to time, Force bubles us sometimes and we manage to get past the difficult group with the two elite droids. Sin Tank keeps shouting in chat for heals, which I don't blame though he was at fault as well to guard the healer.

Finally first boss, Sorc heals does nothing but shoot lightning on the droid along with an occasional DEATH FIELD. That meant he was a DPS, not heals. We manage to down the droid boss, with the Sin Tank dieing once. Strength saber drops, the Sorc heals needs on it. Luckily I needed on it too and won it. Sorc Heals got called out for a ninja looter, Sin Tank initiated a vote kick.

But here comes the kicker, before the Sorc Heals was kicked, he says something along the line of "F U noobs, I just queued up to troll GF. HF looking for a healer!" and proceeded to pull every mob after the first boss! He willingly queued up as a healer/dps to troll GF! People have no shame anymore.

Oh and as a bonus, when I ran into the dude later on fleet, I checked his achievements, 100% Hammer Station completion, along with full completion runs of almost every lvl 55 HM FP and ops (well ops only all SMs and of course the level 50 ops on HM and NiM). How can such "end game" players feel the need to troll GF?

Edited by SebastiaanZ

I'll throw in my experiences:

-I main a lvl 60 Vanguard(TankGuard) running Assault on Tython HM. Pugged with 2 Sages, 1 DPS and 1 Healer. Healer did absolutely no healing whatsoever (did not see any green numbers on me at all). Called it out on chat immediately, DPS sage told me that english wasn't his primary language. That's fine but when you're at lvl 60, you should be familiar with the basic mechanics and etiquette already. Anyways, group wiped a couple of times and all I saw "healer" sage do was throw fireballs which got me suspicious. Ran into 1st boss (forgot the name) and again, no healing so I started to VK. VK'd healer and healer's DPS buddy left immediately after. FP went fine from then on out.

-Did my 1st run on Scum and Villainy (8m SM) recently and ran into a Guardian Tank that didn't know what a "/stuck" command was to save his life. We all told him to /stuck it so we could use the speeder after group had already wiped. After a few futile attempts, we decided to VK him.

Edited by Pzhang
corrections

Boarding Party

What started as a mild annoyance became mildly amusing and then outright hilarious...used my Operative to CC two enemies in each mob, and we had another Operative (healer spec'd) who cc'd another one. The tank in the group broke every. single. CC. every. single. mob. every. single. time. I wanted to say something but I couldn't think of a way to say it to him in a really friendly way. I didn't want him to feel too bad, he was obviously new at tanking otherwise. We weren't wiping so I figured I'd just mention something if we did eventually wipe. Luckily we made it through, but I think he broke the game record for most broken CC's in a single FP. The other Op and I had a good laugh, so nothing to be bent out of shape about, it just took longer than I think it would have otherwise.

Shadowlands server, Flashpoint: Battle for Ilum (both difficulty modes at various times).

What started as a mildly Schadenfreude- and/or pathos-informed comedy skit has now become really, really *********** annoying.

Sorc healer: Actually Lightning-spec, unless ThunderBlast has been moved over to the healer-tree whilst I was sleeping?

At least 3 fake-tanks, two of which had no idea that re-speccing skills even exists, none of whom had even a clue how to build and keep aggro, which naturally meant that my Sniper got to tank Velasu Graege (sp?), and his meléeist buddy, and the turrets when they spawned. Which he did decently well, for about 6 seconds after the healer --whether real or fake-- got urp-sploded.

Merc-healer and merc DPS staking Shield, Absorb, and in one case a little Cunning, just...well, 'cuz, I guess.

PowerTech DPS who did nothing --literally, nothing-- but basic attacks from range on all pulls, bosses included.

PvP-flagged 'Sin DPS in tank-stance who did a jump every time he did an attack, which was always Thrash (I think that's what it's called? Imp-side version of Double-Strike, anyway) until he ran out of Force, then the basic melée attack, still jumping every single time. (You would think that such awesome keybinding pros would realise that they can hit keys other than Space-bar mapped to other abilities so clicker-bads like me don't have to carry the whole group's DPS for the whole *********** instance, no? After all, I click, so I'm automatically a bad, --you can't rely on a bad for too much, as I'm sure you'll all agree!)

Seriously, what the **** is it with this server?

I thought Bergeren Colony was awful, but it's actually improved a lot in recent months. Did all the useless Pot5 trash-kids migrate here, or what?

**** off, we're full!

Eight (i think. I lost count after six) attempts at B-of-I, and still zero'ed on what's one of the easier instances even on-level.

Grrrraaaaaaaaagh, /facepalm...:(

Boarding Party

What started as a mild annoyance became mildly amusing and then outright hilarious...used my Operative to CC two enemies in each mob, and we had another Operative (healer spec'd) who cc'd another one. The tank in the group broke every. single. CC. every. single. mob. every. single. time. I wanted to say something but I couldn't think of a way to say it to him in a really friendly way. I didn't want him to feel too bad, he was obviously new at tanking otherwise. We weren't wiping so I figured I'd just mention something if we did eventually wipe. Luckily we made it through, but I think he broke the game record for most broken CC's in a single FP. The other Op and I had a good laugh, so nothing to be bent out of shape about, it just took longer than I think it would have otherwise.

First enemy inside the Jedi Temple in Assault on Tython, one that spawns multiple weak enemies.

Every time I'm on my Scoundrel or Shadow and about to stealth CC the enemy (just got to range) it's either Sentinel Force Leaping to it or others try to run to second floor without pulling the whole spawn (fails every time).

So, they kill everyone (takes 10+ sec) rather than wait few seconds for stealth class to CC one enemy. They explain it always: "no time to wait".

Edited by Halinalle

Shadowlands server, Flashpoint: Battle for Ilum (both difficulty modes at various times).

What started as a mildly Schadenfreude- and/or pathos-informed comedy skit has now become really, really *********** annoying.

Sorc healer: Actually Lightning-spec, unless ThunderBlast has been moved over to the healer-tree whilst I was sleeping?

At least 3 fake-tanks, two of which had no idea that re-speccing skills even exists, none of whom had even a clue how to build and keep aggro, which naturally meant that my Sniper got to tank Velasu Graege (sp?), and his meléeist buddy, and the turrets when they spawned. Which he did decently well, for about 6 seconds after the healer --whether real or fake-- got urp-sploded.

Merc-healer and merc DPS staking Shield, Absorb, and in one case a little Cunning, just...well, 'cuz, I guess.

PowerTech DPS who did nothing --literally, nothing-- but basic attacks from range on all pulls, bosses included.

PvP-flagged 'Sin DPS in tank-stance who did a jump every time he did an attack, which was always Thrash (I think that's what it's called? Imp-side version of Double-Strike, anyway) until he ran out of Force, then the basic melée attack, still jumping every single time. (You would think that such awesome keybinding pros would realise that they can hit keys other than Space-bar mapped to other abilities so clicker-bads like me don't have to carry the whole group's DPS for the whole *********** instance, no? After all, I click, so I'm automatically a bad, --you can't rely on a bad for too much, as I'm sure you'll all agree!)

Seriously, what the **** is it with this server?

I thought Bergeren Colony was awful, but it's actually improved a lot in recent months. Did all the useless Pot5 trash-kids migrate here, or what?

**** off, we're full!

Eight (i think. I lost count after six) attempts at B-of-I, and still zero'ed on what's one of the easier instances even on-level.

Grrrraaaaaaaaagh, /facepalm...:(

And 4.0 is coming, u will get a good chunk of this super players soon while actually decent ones are leaving or already out.

Oh but i forgot they're moving all stuff into tactical because they are already expecting this quality players income.

Waiting for : Nerf this tactical too HARD ahahahaha

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

Yesterday afternoon listet in GF for HC FPs as Sin tank and DPS as i can and like to play both, what do i get... Blood Hunt as tank...

Group: an Operative Healer (Ziost gear level) and various DPS, first round two Sorcs both with 190 Ziost Gear, two wipes due to boss enrage with 40% health, no one bothered to use the group wide 5min buff abilities. As i suggested to use them, one Sorc left telling something about the group lacks burst spec, well, first of all we lacked quite a lot of damage, no matter if burst or sustained,the same numbers with a burst spec wouldn't kill the boss either. The other two are silent.

We get a Merc with 192 and better gear as replacement and i try to help with the mandos as often as i can without loosing the boss, standing in stupid or getting in danger to be thrown off a cliff.

Again two (or was is three?) wipes, this time we get down to around 30% when the enrage hits. The Operative now using the buff everytime, but neither the Sorc nor the Merc do. Nor does the Merc even tries to get his 10 stacks before the pulls to increase his own damage, even if he isn't pushing the group.

Second Sorc leaves without a word, we get a Marauder as replacement also in Ziost and better gear who moans about the boss as soon as he zoned in. Do we see Bloofthirst or the buff from the Merc now? No only the Healer uses his one. Three more wipes the best try is down to 26% boss health...

Both DPS leave without saying anything and the healer throws in the towel too. 40 min and nothing but a few killed trash mobs... As my guild is forming a group to farm some Commanders to expand the guild ship, i leave the GF too.

Later, in the evening, i list again but this time only as dps (not burst spec :rolleyes: ), takes a while but invite pops... Blood Hunt again *sigh, but let's try it at least*

One player leaves instantly, but as it was a dps we get a replacement fast. The others say upfront they weren't there often and hope to get beyond the first boss for a change. Gear of the others is mixed Ziost, here and there a better item, we are all going on about let's try and see, after making sure that everyone knows the mechanics. While there are some faults in the executions of the mechanics, like running around with electro net, being slow running out of void, the tank being thrown from here to there and back again, the mandos die fast enough to get some damage on the boss we kill it with the first pull...

The rest of the FP is normal / ok, no new records of being fast or incredible high damage, especially Torch takes quite a while, but no wipes and some nice chats during our time there, just like a nice and good GF run should be.

The group wasn't better geared than the players in the afternoon, but they just knew how to play their class.

I don't know if i just list at the wrong times, but sadly these days i meet people like in the first episode much more often than the second. Seems to me that normal or decent players avoid the GF more and more, leaving a higher percentage of derps in the queue who get in the groups more often.

I have a TK sage. Use the toon mainly for republic side pvp but wanted to do the ops quest you get when you do the ops the first time. On the list were the classic lvl 50 ops so i thought let's do hm or nim as they drop some decos/mounts.

Asked in the guild, nobody wanted to join so i announced in on the fleet. quickly got 3 more ppl which is more than enough for EV/KP hm (one was locked for nim).

And then we got this tank.

Don't know where he was from, but apparently he did not speak and/or understand any plain english, but this was not obvious at this point. First sign of warning was when he started typing into ops chat "lfm 8 man EV" (and only into ops chat). Checked his achievements and saw he was more a beginner. Oh well, it's lvl 50 so who cares!

Off we go into EV. Down the droid, get to Ghaarj. Goes down also but i notice that the tank does not leave the islands and every time ends up standing in the lava so i have to pull him. Then we get to the pylons. We divide 3-2, tank being in the 3 man group on my side. I explain what to do (basically "all left") tank stays silent. We start and after the first clicks left, the tank clicks right undoing the choice. This goes on every time until the puzzle resets. I realize that the tank does not understand anything so the 3rd guy and me alternate between clicking and every time the tank goes near the console i pull him away. We manage on the 3rd attempt. At the council i pull him to his adversary and apparently he understands that he's supposed to kill him. the rest of us take 2, we avoid aoe attacks and the tank manages only to attack my 2nd adversary when he was at 10%.

We clear Soa and go off to KP. All goes smooth until the droid. I already knew this would be challenging and so it was. The tank, having again no idea about the puzzle, gets aggro, drags the droid upstairs and starts clicking the consoles randomly. I go down and pull the tank to where he was supposed to go. 2nd cycle the same thing. Now i get slightly fed up and kill the tank with the traps, then we proceed to kill the droid (took only 20 minutes) and Karagga. I wanted to do EC but no way with this tank so i drop group and we reform.

TL,DR: supposedly easy 8 man classic lvl 50 ops hm run being transformed into a nim run by an additional "kill your own tank to prevent more screw-ups" boss mechanic.

Two KDY runs, the last I'll ever have to do thanks to the Legend status finally popping, and they were both weird

First one starts out very rude. I've spacebarred to the end of the beginning part of the conversation. One guy says Skip. Then Spacebar. The next guy then does the same thing but uses profanity to get his point across. Still nothing. Finally the conversation finishes. The fourth guy who wasn't skipping says something about preparing drugs being the reason he didn't skip immediately. Not a single word is spoken the rest of the run, and it finishes in extremely quick fashion (except for the final Droid boss, because I am the only one killing the adds (healer spec'd)while the other three tunnel the droid)

The second and final run I will every do in KDY, Op DPS--The first stage is the Central Armory. Three of us go counter-clock wise, while one guy goes off on his own mission clockwise. We have no idea what he's doing, he doesn't say anything, we occasionally see his health bar depleting to about 25%, he kills a couple guys (counter is increasing while the rest of us are not fighting) but none of the other counters are ticking, so he's not hitting any other objectives. We get to the third room and finally see his little purple icon moving towards us, but we can see he has now run counterclockwise in our footsteps and he's dragging a mob with one of the bigger droids. He does not stop where we are standing for us to help clean them off, but continues across the room and engages with two more of those droids. So now there are three and some smaller trash all on this guy. Somehow he did not die. The other two in the group go to save him, but I just stood there in the middle, perplexed and annoyed. I would have helped if he had stopped where we were, but when he ran past us to the other mob I figured he must be trolling us and I did not want to help him at all.

After this weird little interaction, (he still has not said anything to this point) he gets weirdly competent. I was SURE he was going to go after the small droid boss before we engaged the Elite for the bonus, but what happens is just as weird. He and one of the others runs towards the Elite, while at the exact same time our other guy has gone straight into the hallway towards the small droid that kills our bonus if it dies before the Elite does. Luckily he gets stopped by that little mob in the hallway, but hits them at the exact same time as the other two hit the mob in front of the elevator (right before the Elite in the corner). I have a moment of indecision about who to help and decide to at least go back to the single guy who might kill our bonus chance and hopefully stop him before he tries. I off-heal him a little then kill the rest of the trash. He then goes straight back to the other two in front of the elevator without me having to say anything. :confused:

We kill the Elite and go back for the small droid to finish the stage. In the starship assembly stage we kill everything expertly, and the other girl runs straight for the assembly and gets that bonus easily. I say nj on the puzzle (after so many KDY runs, it's actually pretty rare in my experience for anyone to get it right) but get silence in response.

We get the droid boss (naturally, since it's the one I hate the most, it will of course be the boss in both of the last two runs). We run this very well even without communication. Two guys wail on the boss while I take the south, southeast, and east droid adds and the healing station, while the other girl does the same on the opposite sides.

Everyone immediately leaves without a word as soon as the mission finishes.

TL;DR: I have had maybe 5 total really terrible or weird runs of KDY on the way to Legend rank, and two of the weirdest ones happened to be on the last two runs

- People who queue for hard modes and instantly click Decline when window has two words on it: hard mode.

- People who queue for tacticals and instantly click Decline when it's obviously tactical.

What was it? "I'm so good at this game that I don't have to communicate in any way"?

KDY

I'm the only one who uses chat at any point.

I can't drop enough aggro when at low hp to survive defenders (this was on Concentration Sentinel, I don't even know how to play this. I just smash random buttons. :o). Force Camo -> I'm still #1 on list -> move away and don't attack -> I'm still #1 on list until I die. So, either they have to nerf Sentinels really hard or others were just bad at it.

Edited by Halinalle

Well, I guess having some explanation on Loot Rolls may be benefic to the players, after what I saw today. :rolleyes:

I was on my Gunslinger, 24 atm, and had a pop for Mando Raiders SM. Team is me, a Guardian Tank, a Scoundrel Healer and a Commando DPS.

Let's not talk of chainpulling - usually from the Commando, but not always - and issues on bosses, like the Guardian Tank tunnelling one of the dogs on the first boss forcing me and the Healer to play with the main boss and the other dog, or the fact I was the only one doing something at the turrets at the final boss, so we had 5 of them up at once - managed to destroy one on my own... :D

Let's talk of Loot etiquette, instead. Nothing with Cunning dropped throuhgout the whole FP save for a headpiece, but since I use my comms to upgrade my gear, I have no need for it anyway. I rolled Greed on everything, from start to end. Same as the other DPS and Healer did, save for that Cunning Headpiece the Healer Needed and won.

However, the first boss dropped a pair of boots that our Guardian could have used nicely: Defence, Heavy Armor, Strength... You know, tailored for Guardian Tank at 28. I rolled Greed. Commando rolled Greed aswell. Scoundrel rolled Greed. Guardian rolls Greed aswell, which I took as a misclick, considering she was using some green ones. Still, I win them, and the Guardian asks me to stop ninjaing. :confused:

Kind of puzzled, I check her achievements (female char) and see she's either on the first character or starting a new Legacy on another server. Either way, I proceed to explain how Loot rolls work, with the other two guys siding with me and confirming that Need has a priority over Greed, and that Need should only be used for what your character can use on himself. The Guardian remains kind of bitter at it - likely because she was wrong, I wasn't ninjaing :p - but I offer to trade her the boots anyways. Well, guess what? F2P. So, I can't trade her the boots. :(

We finish the run just fine, and as we part ways I inspect the Guardian Tank yet again, gear and Legacy. Gear is levelling greens save for the moddable chestpiece you get on Coruscant and the lightsaber. Valor 0. Social I.

Legacy lvl was under 10, but I can't recall it now. Achievements were only on the starting planet and up to Nar Shaddaa, and only on what concerns either general questing or Jedi Knight. I was right, it's a new player, considering the lack of knowledge on how Loot Rolls work. :eek:

Now, when I was a new player myself I was kind of clueless aswell, I just had the luck of having some friends that explained things to me, nice and clear. So, since I had no way to give her the boots I got, and since I noticed by inspecting her gear that it was quite outdated - the boots were the Medium ones from Tython - I decided to use a few of my comms to send her some Mods. I bought her everything she needed to upgrade her moddable pieces with a higher lvl alt of mine, sent it to my Gunslinger, and mailed her the stuff with two lines to encourage her to keep playing. :)

I like to think that I found a way to overcome F2P restrictions, though tbh the inability to be on the receiving side of a trade is kind of pointless imho. :cool:

Especially during levelling, that can be a huuuuge problem for those playing with F2P players. :mad:

Not so much weird, but probably one of the fastest KDY runs ever :eek:

I get a pop last night. I'm a 31 slinger and I get two other dps and 1 tank. I load up, and it goes right to the Sith Lord boss.

From what I think I remember it chat is, 2 other members left, and I was one of the replacements. Everyone did their jobs and we took down the guy with no real major issues.

Everyone collected, thanked for the run. It was great! :cool:

I was a bit tired and wanted a quick run before bed. Guess I got my wish LOL

Not so much weird, but probably one of the fastest KDY runs ever :eek:

I get a pop last night. I'm a 31 slinger and I get two other dps and 1 tank. I load up, and it goes right to the Sith Lord boss.

From what I think I remember it chat is, 2 other members left, and I was one of the replacements. Everyone did their jobs and we took down the guy with no real major issues.

Everyone collected, thanked for the run. It was great! :cool:

I was a bit tired and wanted a quick run before bed. Guess I got my wish LOL

Happens quite often. For me it's usually droid boss. Only once the grenade guy. Never Jedi/Sith. Most likely a wipe and it was enough for someone and they left. Unfortunately sometimes you get there after they have started to fight so you don't get credit and have to do it again. Even worse is that you can't leave during the fight.

A while back I logged on my vanguard tank and qued up for a sort of hm fps marathon I wanted to do so after a popup for Hammer Station I waited for the game to load and started laughing as I discovered that the other 3 dudes were all from my same guild. We didn't plan it nor we knew that we were queing at the same time for the same thing. Run itself was flawless and pretty quick, nothing else to report.

Another time I was still with the very same vanguard tank and got a popup for Rishi Tactical and dunno why but we were 4 tanks (1 vanguard and 3 guardians), probably 1 or 2 of them were qued as dps but had tank gear on. Facerolled it without big issues, even got a pet out of it (And the Desler Nomad the same day from another HM one, probably it was Cademinu), but it was strange to play with a full tank group.

The weirdest thing I've done last week was doing EC 8SM, KP 8HM and EV 8SM all one after another (And got the gray Desler in KP) with the same pug. Nothing strange there. But after EV, I was ready to logout when I received an op group invite, I accepted it and 1 of those dudes from the previous pug invited me to join him and his guild for a EC 8NiM run (They needed an 8th, apparently). Those guys were very nice, but they also had half of their group being 1st timers to both EC and NiM which made the run itself a real nightmare as, at the end, not only I was the only one that got the 'Surviving xxx encounter' achievements for all bosses, but I also found myself playing alone most of the time as the others were either dead or didn't know what to do.

I very rarely ever post on the forums, but this I had to...

On Harb, a level 57 Sorc asked on fleet how much it would cost to run a HM Foundry. I pondered on this for a second as to whether or not this person was actually serious. After about a minute I replied and said make me an offer. Sorc said 10k, I said no ty but gl. Sorc then replied back and said "well this is where you haggle". At that point I'm like alright well how about 500k. Sorc said she only has 560k, and I said well then it looks like you have enough. Sorc did not reply back for about a minute, so I said just give me 300k and I will happily do it for you. Sorc agreed and we met at the entrance where he/she paid me in advance.

At this point I could of been a d*ck and left, but seriously?? 300k to run HM Foundry for the HK part. We got to the end of the run, and the sorc got the HK part and was very happy. I on the other hand felt somewhat guilty and sad, not only because of the money, but also because the sorc thought I was some uber very high dps sniper. My gear was a mix of 190's and 186's. Before we departed and went our seperate ways the sorc offered me an additional 50k tip, which I quickly declined. i said goodbye and if you requrie my services again feel free to contact me:(.

We left and I went to my stronghold to check the GTN, but I just could not dismiss the fact as to what just happened.

I pm'd the sorc and said I feel bad, and if you ever need advice I can show you on how to get much better gear then you have now. The sorc quickly replied and asked how? I replied back and said just pm me when you hit level 60.

So my question to all of you reading this is would you have taken the money, or would you have done it for free?

[...]

So my question to all of you reading this is would you have taken the money, or would you have done it for free?

Tbh I would have done it for free, myself. :o

I ran others through FPs a few times, when I was soloing those because of lack of stuff to do at 55... Now, at 60, if I see someone that desperate I just offer a run through, if I'm not busy. I do that for the Boarding Party/Foundry combo too, if necessary, since as of late few ppl run those FPs at all, thanks to 12Exp. :rolleyes:

That is, unless I'm feeling like staying queued for them on my levelling alts. Sometimes they do pop. :D

I'd have done it for free with the caveat that I get the decoration from the bonus boss.

^ This.

You probably took someone out of half their savings. And gearing takes a bit of money. In the end, Foundry is like, a 10 minute run at your level.

I mean, sure you could keep the money, but if it were me, I'd mail it back. Just be a decent player and be happy you helped a guy out.

Whichever the case, I'd rather not judge. However, on a personal level, I feel guilty if was even a hypothetical situation, let alone a real one.

I always do it for free, if I happen to be on the fleet.

Problem for me is I am usually doing something (even if its just killing a few thousand NPC's on alderran with a lvl 60 for an achievement). There is little to do on the fleet so I am only ever there for afew minutes at a time for gearing or trading purposes.

However I have yet to ignore any calls for assistance with a mission (unless I am too low).

Though I did have an annoying one once where someone asked for help with atheiss SM. I used my 55 sniper (pre 3.0) to get them through, they then asked if I could do mando raiders too. We did that and then he thanked and left group. Afew hours later I was doing something, I think makeb reputation stuff, and got a group invite. I accept and its the guy, he had added me to friends and wanted to do cad.

This is where I draw the line. I will not travel from where I am to the taxi, get to my ship, fly to fleet, do the mission, get back on my ship, back to makeb, on the taxi and back to where I was. So I told him to add my merc (who was stood on fleet) and logged onto that and did cad with him, then another mando. He thanked and left and I went back to my sniper.

Although I don't mind helping people, I am not going to go through 7 loading screens to do it, also if switching instances is required I usually ask the other bloke to switch to mine (as long as its not full). Though I must say on ToFN nobody has ever offered to pay for assistance. Must be a thing on your server as no one else does it.

Though I must say on ToFN nobody has ever offered to pay for assistance. Must be a thing on your server as no one else does it.

There are some weird requests on Harbinger fleets. Someone wanted to pay over a mil credits AND a bunch of unopened Cartel items for a simple Account Character Slot the other day. I was ready to jump on that when I noticed mine still had a binding cooldown of another 12 hours. So I missed out on that one :(

Occasionally someone on a planet will get desperate for someone to help them on their story missions that they are undergeared/underleveled for and start tossing out credit offers.

I myself have had to stoop to offering something weird to get people to help with the last Heroic 4 in the Nar Shadaa Bonus Series. Across 16 characters I think I've been able to run this mission twice, and always after very long calls for LFG. It seems no one ever wants to do this one. I finally got one person to join, but we were both at level, so we at least wanted one more. She and I were both in some of the most revealing "armor" at the time. After countless calls for LFG she finally let everyone know we were barely dressed, after which the requests to join flooded in...Effective, but I felt dirty afterwards.