The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

he just keep attacking everything without consideration, often away from the tank, which made healing more difficult.

Tank kill order:

Champion -> Elite -> Strong -> Standard/Weak

DPS kill order:

Anything that is attacking healer -> Standard/Weak -> Strong -> Elite -> Champion

Of course fight mechanics can change this but in general DPS and tank very rarely attack the same enemy at the same time.

Tank kill order:

DPS kill order:

Anything that is attacking healer -> Standard/Weak -> Strong -> Elite -> Champion

Of course fight mechanics can change this but in general DPS and tank very rarely attack the same enemy at the same time.

I understand this, but there is no need to fight with 2 elites droids/turrets if we can finish 1 while I slice the others

Tank kill order:

DPS kill order:

I thought MaraSent kill order was :

Boss while tank is deling with the previous mob > Champ while tank is dealing with the mess MaraSent left behind > Stronger mob in the group just after the one the tank is attacking > Stronger mob in groups the tank avoided > Stronger mobs in the group tank is currently dealing with > Trash attacking the tank > Trash attacking the healer

Tank kill order:

DPS kill order:

Im afraid this is irrelevant, you see that dps was a sent. As such they can attack whatever they like whenever they like as they are a God among men (hence 2 lightsabers). Sents don't follow the rules of mere mortals and you should feel honoured he is allowing you to be in his presence for the entire mission. You should be awestruck, not complaining that this supernatural being is not doing what everyone else does.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Boss while tank is deling with the previous mob > Champ while tank is dealing with the mess MaraSent left behind > Stronger mob in the group just after the one the tank is attacking > Stronger mob in groups the tank avoided > Stronger mobs in the group tank is currently dealing with > Trash attacking the tank > Trash attacking the healer

Leaders don't leave a mess behind, they leave opportunities for meaningful contributions. A good Marauder/Sentinel will make sure to share the fun and still leads the group.

(In all seriousness, I giggled after reading your post.)

Edited by Elusive_Thing

I understand this, but there is no need to fight with 2 elites droids/turrets if we can finish 1 while I slice the others

Where does Cademimu even have pairs of turrets that can be sliced? The only thing that comes to mind is on the way from the second boss to the final one, but those are mounted turrets and immune to CC.

Where does Cademimu even have pairs of turrets that can be sliced? The only thing that comes to mind is on the way from the second boss to the final one, but those are mounted turrets and immune to CC.

I probably got the fp wrong? The boss was the one that tries to burn us with fire from above (rocket afterburner i think) and we have to spot the smoke and get out of the way. We encountered multiple double turrets and the 4 legged droids

Maybe it was Story Mode? Not sure if CC is an option there, but IIRC that logic works in Mando Raiders.

You missed the most important part. Top of the kill order for MaraSent is always CC'd targets. :p

I had an interesting "run" of HM Lost Island. I was playing my 54 gunslinger (at about 23k health) with a 55 sage healer (35k health), a 55 shadow dps (29k health), & a 50 shadow tank (14k health). I figured the run would be interesting with a tank at 14k health, and on HM Lost Island in particular. So we all say our hellos and start clearing the beginning trash. We make our way to the first boss, and the tank goes down in about 30 seconds. He had mostly 108s with a few 116s, so his gear wasn't really suited to hard modes. But, me & the other dps kept going and got the first boss down to about 37% before the rest of us bit the dust. We rezed, & the tank just left. Nothing said, exited the flashpoint & left the group. The other dps left too and the healer and I tried requeuing the group. Unfortunately it was about 1 AM or so, and after 4 or 5 minutes of waiting we said goodbye and left group. I've only fully run through Lost Island twice, but it was disappointing that the group disintegrated after the first wipe.

I can only remember one incident that ive had with a bad person in the group and it was in Cademimu when I was leveling my new merc char.

We had me as a merc dps, assassin tank ( I think) Sorc healer and I cant remember who the other dps was. Anyway we started doing it and got to the second group of trash mobs and the sorc wasnt healing at all in fact he was more like a dps then a healer. The tank and other dps died and the only reason me and the sorc didnt was i was healing myself and was using pushback to push the mobs off the edge to their death. We then kicked the sorc and I switched to healer and got a new dps from group finder and finished the flashpoint with no trouble after that. It had been the first time id been a healer aswell and was told i had done a good job. Its what made me turn my merc into a healer which im now really enjoying.

Also with all the talk about maras/sents am I one of the few who has a mara who will always wait for the tank to attack and will say if I havent done it before and will then do as im told by whoever knows what to do?

Edited by marksia

Also with all the talk about maras/sents am I one of the few who has a mara who will always wait for the tank to attack and will say if I havent done it before and will then do as im told by whoever knows what to do?

lol noob l2p mara masterrace

I'm sure there are plenty of decent maras out there (I like to think I played my mara quite well, with good group consciousness). There just seems to be something about Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior that attracts twelve-years-olds, and most twelve-years-olds think dual-wielding lightsabres is awesome.

lol noob l2p mara masterrace

I'm sure there are plenty of decent maras out there (I like to think I played my mara quite well, with good group consciousness). There just seems to be something about Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior that attracts twelve-years-olds, and most twelve-years-olds think dual-wielding lightsabres is awesome.

^That.^

A good Mara/Sent in a group that has at least some basic "chemistry" is a truly inspiring and awesomely fun thing to team/game with (they complement us alpha-strike cannon Merc types so wonderfully well.).

But...I mean, look at it this way:

Clichés become clichés because they are used so often.

There are reasons why names like "Derptinel," "Smash-tard," and "Marau-durrrrr" became clichés in the first place.

I thought SmashTard was Smash Jugg, not Smash Mara. Smash Jugg rotation is brain dead easy, Smash Mara's one has 'some' depth at least.

Maybe true, but I only rarely see Juggers playing like complete window-lickers (and for that matter, even more rarely do I see smash-Juggs at all --the vast majority are either tank-tree or middle-tree, IME.).

I guess having only one glowy phallus-surrogate enforces self-restraint?

Just had a run of false emperor SM. I came straight off the run to here, thats how bad it was. There was me on my merc healer (lvl 48, 14k), a sniper dps (lvl 48, 14k), mara dps (lvl 51, 12k) and sin "tank" (surging charge, lvl 53, 23k).

Now to go over everything they did wrong would take too long, so I will use the example of the second trash pull (first 1 being a solo elite so no dramas) which sets the tone for EVERY pull in the mission (except the bosses, ill go over those).

Second pull is 2 elite droids, 2 strong siths and afew standards scattered between. The sin moves up and stealth cc's 1 of the strong siths. The sniper calls out cc on the right hand droid, mara says he will cc left, I say I will cc the other strong sith....

cc's are thrown, at which point (none of which is accidental, even the mara had carefully positioned himself before smashing):

Sniper breaks the sin's cc

Mara breaks the snipers and his own cc with a smash

Sin breaks my cc

I stand there gobsmacked at the shambles unfolding before me, then leap into action to throw a few heals. Aggro flies everywhere but any enemy that is not attacked ends up on me. Like I said this sets the tone for EVERY pull, everyone wasting time calling out the cc's (I give up joining in with this after the third pull) only to then break them all, and I give up hoping that the aggro will be anywhere but myself.

Another issue with the group that severely pisses me off is NOBODY uses ANY out of combat heals, when I bring it up the sniper says "what are you healers for?" By this point we are some way in, having just fought the enemy on the bridge who has a red circle around him that should be moved away from (but nobody did) and so ended up with low hp. As such I decide things will get better (well they can't get worse) and i'll put up with being asked to babysit for the sake of those few comms at the end.

Well that pretty much sums up the trash pulls, the boss fights:

Old whats-his-face and his spaceship with the cannon and the turret to reset his targeting. I, as the healer, hold aggro throughout (partly due to me being the only person who bothers using the turret, which seems to generate alot of aggro). The mara ninja loots.

The 2 droids: sin asks for cc, we explain they are immune and the sniper pulls. Fight gets going with the sin LOSing me, the healer, so I end up running round trying to maintain it. Mara seems semi-competent on this 1, at least attacking the enemy, the sniper attacks the glowing blue droid (you know, the 1 with the buff saying its shield makes it immune to all damage). I point this out and get a "just heal" for my troubles. Once the shield moves, the sniper moves with it and spends all his time in this fight attacking the invincible enemy. Mara ninja loots.

HK fight: Mara and sin have a complete disregard for the boss mechanics (you know the blue circle which turns red then you move) so end up lying on their backs taking massive damage, with myself as the healer holding all the aggro from HK. Mara ninja loots.

Theres that champion in the corridor with the 2 standards but I don't think its supposed to be a boss, suffice to say I hold aggro. I forgot to point out, the sin "tank" makes no attempt to even pretend to be a tank, remaining in surging charge and NEVER taunting.

The sniper asks for the bonus boss so we go for it. I hold aggro on the boss, and when he disappears and is replace with 3 weaker (though still strong rating) versions of himself the 3 dps (1 claims to be a tank) pile on 1, leaving me to face tank the other 2, then the sniper complains im not healing him when he dropped to 60% (at that point I was at low hp and my life was saved by an extremely lucky run of 3 critical heals in a row). Mara ninja loots.

Darth Malgus: by this time I have stopped talking as I cannot trust myself to not vent my frustration of this poor group. However I do pipe up with "interrupt his power of the force ability" as I want this shambles of a run over ASAP and therefore don't want to have to repeat the Malgus fight due to a missed interrupt. Start the fight and we all know how easy Malgus is, or at least I remember him being easy. However having said that, there was a tank the previous times I did it. This time the person with aggro (which was all over the place on this fight) didn't tank him against the wall and this is where I found out the sheer number of knockbacks he has. We complete the fight, this time the mara doesn't ninja (he clicks need but its a strength item so can't be considered ninjaing).

The final straw:

Sniper: GJ

Sin "tank": good ran, can I add you lot to friends"

I quit without a f**king word.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Maybe true, but I only rarely see Juggers playing like complete window-lickers (and for that matter, even more rarely do I see smash-Juggs at all --the vast majority are either tank-tree or middle-tree, IME.).

I guess having only one glowy phallus-surrogate enforces self-restraint?

you can always spot me doing my dailies smash-tarding with an icecream, tv, girl on the phone and talking with a buddy:rak_03:

^That.^

A good Mara/Sent in a group that has at least some basic "chemistry" is a truly inspiring and awesomely fun thing to team/game with (they complement us alpha-strike cannon Merc types so wonderfully well.).

But...I mean, look at it this way:

Clichés become clichés because they are used so often.

There are reasons why names like "Derptinel," "Smash-tard," and "Marau-durrrrr" became clichés in the first place.

Pretty sure its Sent-tard, but I know on the Imperial side of Harbinger we just call them Marauders because 90% of them act like that.

Don't hate too much on marauders.... they do the second highest DPS of the eight ACs (Gunsnipe does more, I think)

You have lots of fail marauders, but when a truly good one shows up he/she is a force to be reckoned with.

Maybe by the books but my madness sorc outdoes my mara any day because I play it better. Its all about preference:p

Another issue with the group that severely pisses me off is NOBODY uses ANY out of combat heals, when I bring it up the sniper says "what are you healers for?"

I'd stop healing whoever says that to my face. Healing needs resource management, I won't waste my energy on someone rushing to a fight with half HP simply because he won't spend a few second healing himself out of combat.

my turn to be the weird one

tonight was not my night to do my usual tanking at all,

just had a mong fest causing 4 wipes on HM Core meltdown

2 from clicking the panel in sandstorm room (locking the others out - why i did this 2 times i have no idea) 1 for not running to canister in sandstorm room quick enough and last one in the spore chamber when i failed to notice the adds

gave my apologies and thankfully the group stuck it out and we finished it

exit area, collect weekly allies reward and logout before i end up on an ignore list for causing further problems

a long 2 weeks AFK for stupid work hours and this is what happens...sigh.....(pat pat) better get some sleep

night folks

Dont feel bad last week I came back to my pt tank to do dp after a week and a half hiatus on that character, only to jump into brontes on the phase with the exploding droids due to a mistab select and wipe the group. Almost happened a second time too :/

Maybe by the books but my madness sorc outdoes my mara any day because I play it better. Its all about preference:p

Your quote is so false. Slinger/Sniper (all spec) are the worst parsing DPS specs currently. Anni is high but behind Pyrotech, Madness Sin and Sorc. Carnage is between the best burst spec, probably the best one, but far from topping chart on anything lasting more than 4 seconds (Gore windows).

Edited by Ryuku-sama

I'd stop healing whoever says that to my face. Healing needs resource management, I won't waste my energy on someone rushing to a fight with half HP simply because he won't spend a few second healing himself out of combat.

I just tell them "Im a healer...not a babysitter"

Your quote is so false. Slinger/Sniper (all spec) are the worst parsing DPS specs currently. Anni is high but behind Pyrotech, Madness Sin and Sorc. Carnage is between the best burst spec, probably the best one, but far from topping chart on anything lasting more than 4 seconds (Gore windows).

Arsenal is the worst parsing spec out there. Even rage is higher...