The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for killing PT in pvp

finnensebbe

I just wanted to express my gratitude for absolutely killing PTs ability to compete in high end pvp, especially when it was my main, thanks. I still enjoy playing PT, but I've always been a competitive player that wants to be able to compete in the top tiers. Which with our current dps and survivability is just plain impossible.

Btw I have played several MMOs with a focus on pvp, and don't come saying that "PTs just a 3 button class that's easy to play", because no class is *********** hard to play in Swtor. I simply play PT because I wanted to focus on a BH since the beginning.

Hopefully this will get fixed soon, until then see you in game

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, I know some PT'S that play in ranked, top charts, and is as valuable as most classes.

Sure they got nerfed, but it seems in the hands of a good player it don't matter what you do to the class, they still will be good with it.

I think you are doing bad with it cause you can't play with it, I would reroll to something more easier.

Weird, I know some PT'S that play in ranked, top charts, and is as valuable as most classes.

Sure they got nerfed, but it seems in the hands of a good player it don't matter what you do to the class, they still will be good with it.

I think you are doing bad with it cause you can't play with it, I would reroll to something more easier.

mmmmm no pts' burst in pvp and dps in pve both got wrecked

the irony of the bolded is hilarious.

powertech got nerfed, hard. you can still put up good numbers, but the burst damage has been reduced significantly

Sad but true , Powertech is just useless (both merc and PT are garbage after 2.0) bioware balance, keeping non force user in the trash can (except snipers and GS). but then again its hard to see whats UP or OP, the healing is out of hand, way over the top. needs to be even further % decreased, maybe 50% or something. Edited by xxIncubixx

I still play PT like I said, and usually get good results. Point I'm making is that in top tier pvp it does not matter how good you are with PT, because the class is simply inferior in terms of bringing anything value to the team, compared to other classes.

powertech got nerfed, hard. you can still put up good numbers, but the burst damage has been reduced significantly

So do I need to put names on this thread on the guilds that use PT/Vanguard in ranked and they do well, or is this debate turning into a L2P issue.

Either way nothing has changed on the skill level on those that play PT, maybe some of the stats on some moves isn't what it used to be, but end of the day the skill of the player remains.

A nerf or a revamp don't change skill of a player.

This is a L2P issue.

because the class is simply inferior in terms of bringing anything value to the team, compared to other classes.

I would still pick a PT for a pull, taunts, and damage over a 2 slot melee any day.

Also remember PT has range moves and heavy armor with cc, some might pick smash over PT for the burst which in my opinion is the whole complaint at the moment I assume.

Preference to counter another team is the main thing why some ranked teams win, my point is a PT is still as good as before and nothing has changed in the grand scheme of things with the class.

Edited by Caeliux

So do I need to put names on this thread on the guilds that use PT/Vanguard in ranked and they do well, or is this debate turning into a L2P issue.

Either way nothing has changed on the skill level on those that play PT, maybe some of the stats on some moves isn't what it used to be, but end of the day the skill of the player remains.

A nerf or a revamp don't change skill of a player.

This is a L2P issue.

I would still pick a PT for a pull, taunts, and damage over a 2 slot melee any day.

Also remember PT has range moves and heavy armor with cc, some might pick smash over PT for the burst which in my opinion is the whole complaint at the moment I assume.

oh really? thermal detonator was turned to garbage, crit chance was nerfed meaning a overall damage decrease, combine that with overpowered healing after 2.0 and voila you have the state of garbage pvp that it is now (oh that and broken bolstering)

oh really? thermal detonator was turned to garbage, crit chance was nerfed meaning a overall damage decrease, combine that with overpowered healing after 2.0 and voila you have the state of garbage pvp that it is now (oh that and broken bolstering)

Garage in burst maybe, effective still absolutely.

Remember there is more to a PT than just damage, it has a wide range of useful things most classes can't do.

I don't need to explain why a PT is really valuable.

Garage in burst maybe, effective still absolutely.

Remember there is more to a PT than just damage, it has a wide range of useful things most classes can't do.

I don't need to explain why a PT is really valuable.

no, pt shone in only ONE facet, and that was solid single target burst damage. it has bad survivability, mediocre cc and mediocre utility. burst damage is king in this game. TD is garbage now, replacing most of the burst with a bad dot. they took away the pt's only redeeming quality, burst, and now it sucks

no, pt shone in only ONE facet, and that was solid single target burst damage. it has bad survivability, mediocre cc and mediocre utility. burst damage is king in this game. TD is garbage now, replacing most of the burst with a bad dot. they took away the pt's only redeeming quality, burst, and now it sucks

Again another person about damage, let me explain.

Bad survivability is a L2P team issue, with the right amount of heals and focus a PT can stay alive and still pose a threat on each warzone in ranked.

PT's in a few top guilds on the Bastion that uses skill with the class, top numbers, and still pose a threat in games.

Having a opinion about a certain class, then seeing someone actually play it well changes everything, I happen to think its a complaint what everyone else is doing more than what you can do with a PT.

The amount of complaints is almost hilarious when people complain about a class being less useful than before, its almost a excuse to reroll and act like there isn't a skill issue more so than a class issue.

Edited by Caeliux

Looks like posts from Mercs of pre 2.0....

Easy mode is gone...

And replaced with skill....

Respec to another tree...

New rotations might be needed.

The spec isn't that bad off...

Once you play around with it.

Perhaps it's the player....

Likely.....

Absolutely.....

Yes.

Again another person about damage, let me explain.

Bad survivability is a L2P team issue, with the right amount of heals and focus a PT can stay alive and still pose a threat on each warzone in ranked.

PT's in a few top guilds on the Bastion that uses skill with the class, top numbers, and still pose a threat in games.

Having a opinion about a certain class, then seeing someone actually play it well changes everything, I happen to think its a complaint what everyone else is doing more than what you can do with a PT.

The amount of complaints is almost hilarious when people complain about a class being less useful than before, its almost a excuse to reroll and act like there isn't a skill issue more so than a class issue.

Go actually play a PT before patch 2.0 and then play lvl 55 ranked, then come back and i assure you, your opinions will be changed. It's not L2P we are useless in PVP AND PVE

Looks like posts from Mercs of pre 2.0....

Easy mode is gone...

And replaced with skill....

Respec to another tree...

New rotations might be needed.

The spec isn't that bad off...

Once you play around with it.

Perhaps it's the player....

Likely.....

Absolutely.....

Yes.

One Question: Do you play a lvl 55 PT? :rolleyes:

They aren't dead in PvP, I still get some good numbers on my VG. However, our burst isn't even comparable to others now. I don't mind the nerf, I just don't see how VG / Pyro gets nerfed and smash stays the same. My solution is to nerf concealment operatives again. Their backstab should be on a 30 second cooldown.. Oh and make maul cost zero energy, sins need to be able to spam it more frequently.

They aren't dead in PvP, I still get some good numbers on my VG. However, our burst isn't even comparable to others now. I don't mind the nerf, I just don't see how VG / Pyro gets nerfed and smash stays the same. My solution is to nerf concealment operatives again. Their backstab should be on a 30 second cooldown.. Oh and make maul cost zero energy, sins need to be able to spam it more frequently.

Then the discussion should focus on those classes/specs/abilities. I agree, some of the damage is downright stupid (I have a 55 Sin and Sniper myself). However, I'd rather see them knocked down a few notches than yet another class having insane burst.

Anything a Powertech can do, some other class does better. That's what it boils down to. Can a Powertech still put up good numbers? Sure, but in the same position an equally skilled sniper, assassin or warrior will do more damage, have higher burst, is more survivable and a greater asset to the team.

Bounty Hunter/Trooper in general is broken. Weakest healer type. Weakest tank type. Below average DPS.

Edited by Akuryu

Anything a Powertech can do, some other class does better. That's what it boils down to. Can a Powertech still put up good numbers? Sure. But in the same position an equally skilled sniper, assassin or warrior will do more damage, have higher burst and be a greater asset to the team.

Bounty Hunter/Trooper in general is broken. Weakest healer type. Weakest tank type. Below average DPS.

Fully agree

Go actually play a PT before patch 2.0 and then play lvl 55 ranked, then come back and i assure you, your opinions will be changed. It's not L2P we are useless in PVP AND PVE

Bad player will stay bad.

I play a 55 PT on the Bastion, have got numbers that range 400-800k, pull people in the fire in Huttball still, use my taunts and get around 150k protection points a game, stay alive with the right healer comp, and still feel as beast as ever playing a PT.

Nothing has change for me far as my skill with the class, nothing.

No I am not ranked ready because of min/max problems, and it is my 4th toon meaning I play it once in awhile, but I have yet seen any problems with the class like others have complained about.

This is a L2P issues with bad PT's that complain what everyone else is doing instead of focusing what PT is suppose to do.

It's that simple.

Edited by Caeliux

Healer can work with the right team comp.

Tank can work with the right team comp.

Dps still just as good and any, its the player that needs to focus with it.

Again another stupid false comment from a biased person.

You FOTM rerollers crack me up.

Edited by Caeliux

Healer can work with the right team comp.

Tank can work with the right team comp.

Dps still have just as good and any, its the player that needs to focus with it.

Again another stupid false comment from a biased person.

You guys are cracking me up.

You're not as good as you think. The whole archetype is hard to justify in a main group. Warriors, Inquisitors and Agents are staples in many roles. Mercs don't have a staple position AT ALL.