ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

evilmoka

Smashing uses far more buttons than 3 to set up a smash.

Thats hilarious, how many more do they need to push to set up a smash? Lets see....

1. Enrage for 3 stacks of shockwave

2. Force leap or obliterate to make smash autocrit

3. Smash lols

Nope, doesnt seem like far more than 3 buttons at all.......

Edited by Slurmez

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a vengeance juggernaut forever, i speccd smash as a joke as my friends kept going on about it and its just stupid, I get 10k smashes pvp and pve all day long, its not hard its not complicated and its guaranteed.

The hardest hitting attack in the game is an auto crit and crit got nerfed in 2.0 which makes it more offensive.

I will continue to play vengeance because its more fun and involving to play but the state of smash means lazy players will naturally gravitate to it and do well with it because it is just so easy mode now.

Meh, pyros had their time in the sun and are currently enjoying their kick in the nuts, smash will get it sooner or later.

Yeah, I have to call BS on this one.. You are not rolling 10k smashes. Even people min/maxed for smash are only hitting about 8k on smash.. Or are you one of those augment exploiters?

PS. My hardest hitting attack is not smash, it's dispatch, with 15% damage buff, 15% critical buff, and 90% crit multiplier. Oh yes, and 30% armor penetration. And it's certainly not autocrit, although it crits more often than not.

Yeah, I have to call BS on this one.. You are not rolling 10k smashes. Even people min/maxed for smash are only hitting about 8k on smash.. Or are you one of those augment exploiters?

PS. My hardest hitting attack is not smash, it's dispatch, with 15% damage buff, 15% critical buff, and 90% crit multiplier. Oh yes, and 30% armor penetration. And it's certainly not autocrit, although it crits more often than not.

3200+ str in pve gear 800 power, no augment removals, no relic removals, 10k smashes all day long pvp and pve, its not hard

Every class in this game is competitive at the moment. Sorcs can do the same damage from 30 yards away. Thing is, you just notice smash more because it is more in your face. My marauder has 3 full bars of abilities, and uses every last button every game. From my experience, there isnt a single class in this game that can be effective using only three buttons. Yours is a l2p issue. The qq is strong with this one.

Every class in this game is competitive at the moment. Sorcs can do the same damage from 30 yards away. Thing is, you just notice smash more because it is more in your face. My marauder has 3 full bars of abilities, and uses every last button every game. From my experience, there isnt a single class in this game that can be effective using only three buttons. Yours is a l2p issue. The qq is strong with this one.

mercs and commandos used to manage with one, didnt last though, pyro had a long stint at the top and is now relegated to red headed stepchild status, I dotn really care about smash, its easy to play if you are a terrible player or a good one and will get "fixed" like pyros sooner or later.

These are screenshots of players from my server alone.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s596/DegenerateCode/Screenshot_2013-04-22_20_18_20_485351_zps52f01eeb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AyuM5uZ.jpg

First one is a jugg, second is a sentinel.

Also, numbers on what they're capable of at 55:

http://i.imgur.com/KmiKizp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/35y3PXK.jpg

Smash doesn't need a nerf? K...

Even the smasher in the one ss is making fun of how easy it is. He plays other classes well, regardless, but you can note his comment.

Crit chance bonus has to be changed from 100% to 30%. With the 17-20% natural crit chance this will give them around 50% sweep/smash crit chance, MORE than enough.

I agree.

However, as one guy said on the first page, it's never going to happen. Too many ppl play it, and BW isn't going to make a single change. They do and they risk losing subs, which we know they don't want to do.

Solution is easy: cater to the most played classes, you'll get the most money out of them than the few who are neglected.

I agree.

However, as one guy said on the first page, it's never going to happen. Too many ppl play it, and BW isn't going to make a single change. They do and they risk losing subs, which we know they don't want to do.

Solution is easy: cater to the most played classes, you'll get the most money out of them than the few who are neglected.

sad story bro...

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s596/DegenerateCode/Screenshot_2013-04-22_20_18_20_485351_zps52f01eeb.jpgui

Even the smasher in the one ss is making fun of how easy it is. He plays other classes well, regardless, but you can note his comment.

I can't see those pics too well - on my phone - is there a sorc with over 1.7 million dmg in there (just under the smasher you're whining about)? I'll take a look later but random ss of wza don't say much, neither do max crits - my anni Mara got an 8.6 yesterday (higher than my smasher has done in a wz so far) . Coupled with the exploits available and the fact that bolster is making pve gear better than pvp, and that plenty of other classes can put out similar crits and similar total damage (I've heard snipers and sorcs can do more dps), you really need more than a couple screen shots to make a case. But you've done more than 98% of the smash flamers have so far so props for that.

Were there any 10k crits in there? The 2k dpser didn't get over 8k right?

Edited by Savej

Really? Name me 1 class that you use 15 different keybinds each warzone :)

My Scoundrel abilities used in pretty much every WZ that are bound - Stealth, Disappearing Act, Sneak, Tranquilizer, Back Blast, Shoot First, Pugnacity, Kolto Pack, Underworld Medicine, Slow Release Medpack, Emergency Medpack, Vital Shot, Flurry of Bolts, Kolto Cloud, Tendon Blast, Cool Head, Dirty Kick, Flash Grenade, Blaster Whip, Thermal Grenade, Crouch, Sabotage Charge, CC Break, Interupt, Throw Hutball

My Sentinel: Dispatch, Inspiration, Awe, Guarded by the Force, Saber Throw, Force Camo, Pacify, Force Stasis, Trancendence, Crippliing Throw, Force Kick, Leg Slash, Cauterize, Rebuke, Zealous Strike, Zen, Resolute, Master Strike, Blade Storm, Riposte, Saber Ward, Force Sweep, Force Leap, Slash, Strike, Zealous Leap, Force Exhaustion, Throw Huttball

Don't think I'm missing any, but even if so, both are well over 15 :)

My smasher uses:

zeal strike

cauterize (annoys stealthers)

pacify

vanish

guarded by the force

health potion

dispatch

zealous leap

rebuke

crippling throw

2x saber throw

awe

charge

shield (forget the name of it)

master strike

force kick

stasis

force exhaustion

zen

leg slash

strike

bladestorm

slash

valor

stasis

cc break

and the hb ball toss

He uses all of those whenever he can. I may have forgotten some. I click for trans and inspiration, everything else is mapped and used. 3 buttons will get you 2 smashes a min if you're being carried by a premade that keeps your targets stunned and bunched up (or you're fighting friends that are letting you pad numbers for screen shots).

My Scoundrel abilities used in pretty much every WZ that are bound - Stealth, Disappearing Act, Sneak, Tranquilizer, Back Blast, Shoot First, Pugnacity, Kolto Pack, Underworld Medicine, Slow Release Medpack, Emergency Medpack, Vital Shot, Flurry of Bolts, Kolto Cloud, Tendon Blast, Cool Head, Dirty Kick, Flash Grenade, Blaster Whip, Thermal Grenade, Crouch, Sabotage Charge, CC Break, Interupt, Throw Hutball

My Sentinel: Dispatch, Inspiration, Awe, Guarded by the Force, Saber Throw, Force Camo, Pacify, Force Stasis, Trancendence, Crippliing Throw, Force Kick, Leg Slash, Cauterize, Rebuke, Zealous Strike, Zen, Resolute, Master Strike, Blade Storm, Riposte, Saber Ward, Force Sweep, Force Leap, Slash, Strike, Zealous Leap, Force Exhaustion, Throw Huttball

Don't think I'm missing any, but even if so, both are well over 15 :)

And they wonder why they can't beat people when they think it's ok to just bind one hotbar worth of skills.

My smasher uses:

zeal strike

cauterize (annoys stealthers)

pacify

vanish

guarded by the force

health potion

dispatch

zealous leap

rebuke

crippling throw

2x saber throw

awe

charge

shield (forget the name of it)

master strike

force kick

stasis

force exhaustion

zen

leg slash

strike

bladestorm

slash

valor

stasis

cc break

and the hb ball toss

He uses all of those whenever he can. I may have forgotten some. I click for trans and inspiration, everything else is mapped and used. 3 buttons will get you 2 smashes a min if you're being carried by a premade that keeps your targets stunned and bunched up (or you're fighting friends that are letting you pad numbers for screen shots).

My sentinel also use seismic grenade but oh wait i dont use slash, cyclonic slash and riposte :o

I can almost garuntee all these people that are here supporting the smash ability are , in fact, juggs themselves...

I don't cry for nerfs for the most part, but really, lol anyone saying this skill is not op... they gotta play the class. I don't care much about a nerf for it, but I'm just keeping it real.

I can almost garuntee all these people that are here supporting the smash ability are , in fact, juggs themselves...

I don't cry for nerfs for the most part, but really, lol anyone saying this skill is not op... they gotta play the class. I don't care much about a nerf for it, but I'm just keeping it real.

yes because people who don't play the class (or hate it) care enough to to read these threads? Once you've read one, you've read them all.

I'm tired of seeing people top the dps by pressing 2-3 buttons. I just saw a jugg do 1.3 million in a hypergate. It's not even remotely fair compared to what other classes get.

I just saw a sorc get 1.45mil in a hypergate. Still doesn't need a nerf - there is nothing wrong with smash spec; it's not even the most powerful aoe spec, just the easiest to use.

I can't see those pics too well - on my phone - is there a sorc with over 1.7 million dmg in there (just under the smasher you're whining about)? I'll take a look later but random ss of wza don't say much, neither do max crits - my anni Mara got an 8.6 yesterday (higher than my smasher has done in a wz so far) . Coupled with the exploits available and the fact that bolster is making pve gear better than pvp, and that plenty of other classes can put out similar crits and similar total damage (I've heard snipers and sorcs can do more dps), you really need more than a couple screen shots to make a case. But you've done more than 98% of the smash flamers have so far so props for that.

Were there any 10k crits in there? The 2k dpser didn't get over 8k right?

this ...

sorcs/sages do same dmg as smashers do ... and i dont speak about 2-4 mils over all healing ... and every ranged class can easy kite smasher 1vs1... and all classes are pretty easy to play, 15 keybinds for all and are good ... smasher is as easy as sage dps or commando, or operative ...no difference ... just team play

Edited by mrekxxx

You can spread out to lessens the effects of smash, but the fact still remains that if it hits even 2 targets it's still more powerful than any other classes aoe AND a far far less cooldown. Many situations clumping up for at least a few seconds is not avoidable and is a smashers paradise.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s596/DegenerateCode/Screenshot_2013-04-22_20_18_20_485351_zps52f01eeb.jpg

You forgot to make note of the fact that in one of those screenshots, a gunslinger is complaining if he was engineering (saboteur), he would have got 3 mill.. vastly outperforming the 1.9m smasher and the 1.7m assassin.. Smash needs a nerf compared to that?

I've played every spec on every class; there is nothing wrong with smash spec. It's fine like it is - there are so many ways to get around it. Infil shadows and sentinels can take out 30% of it's damage passively before other damage reductions, you can make it miss if you hit a knockback when you know they're going to smash, slingers in left tree rock smashers, sages have force barrier + speed boosts + cc's + heals, commando's have electro net, and scoundrels can scamper, go into cover so you can't leap at them, go into stealth and run, and heal. The only class that has straight up problems with no real way to avoid smashers is vanguard; they're just as powerful as smashers, and have a tree with an even more powerful aoe than smashers. A more powerful aoe than anyone for that matter. You can deal with smashers, you just have to know how. Just like any other class - you can deal with them so long as you know their limits and use their limits against them.

There's a rather large difference between dotting the enemy whole team for damage that basically doesn't matter or smashing 3 guys for 8K which definitely matters. Yes they add up to about the same number at the end of a WZ but the smash is what kills you, not the dots.

I laugh so hard at these calls for smash nerfs when I am absolutely melting people's faces with my MM sniper. If you have a problem with smash, I am guessing that after seeing what a sniper will do, you will cry to have it removed from the game. Smash Juggs/Maras are EASILY counter-able. This is a L2P issue and nothing more.