Force Lightning

FredicusCaesar

Something i have thought alot about is that the color of ones force lightning.

I have an idea of that conserns force aligance. For example if you have a sith inquisitor that is darkside V the lightning should change color. one color could be the dark black/purple that Vitiate uses or the blue that Malgus uses.

What´s your thought on this?

What do us Shadows get? Differently-colored pebbles?

Blegh, I want lightning.

Well, why can't it all depend on your alignment. Light V you get the pebble dash, dark V you get lightening. Neutral to dark or light 4 means you get the default for your class

Edited by Omisri

Blegh, I want lightning.

TK Throw should be remodeled and renamed to the "hadouken" Satele uses in Hope trailer, just saying. I would switch to Balance immediately (love the Idea of "Force in Balance" and all the cool mind tricks this skill branch offers, but I hate pebbles)

It's not about color, but I post this here, since your title is just force lightning. I have 1 issue with lightnings since I started palying this game. It's werid when sith cast lightnings alway with the activated lightsabe in their hand. It would be ok when they hold lightsabe in one hand and the lightning goes from other hand (like Malgus's master in Return). But when they use both hands together to cast the lightning, lightsaber seriously needs to go.

It's not about color, but I post this here, since your title is just force lightning. I have 1 issue with lightnings since I started palying this game. It's werid when sith cast lightnings alway with the activated lightsabe in their hand. It would be ok when they hold lightsabe in one hand and the lightning goes from other hand (like Malgus's master in Return). But when they use both hands together to cast the lightning, lightsaber seriously needs to go.

Doesn't need to be there at all actually. Sorcerers and Sages doesn't use them anyway. Sorc's could use some sort of rod, and sages could get a rake.

Well, why can't it all depend on your alignment. Light V you get the pebble dash, dark V you get lightening. Neutral to dark or light 4 means you get the default for your class

Won't work as Force Lightning is exclusive to Sith Inquisitors.

I'd like it, but I don't think all the way to 5 is necessary. Even Plo Koon has used lightning before. Didn't Qui-Gon as well at some point?

I'd like it, but I don't think all the way to 5 is necessary. Even Plo Koon has used lightning before. Didn't Qui-Gon as well at some point?

Not exactly, Plo used Electric Judgment [aka Electric Lightning].

Electric Judgment showed up as yellow or green energy[instead of blue or white, but otherwise it was very similar in both appearance and usage to the Force power known as Force lightning. This power was uncommon and controversial among the Jedi because of its intrinsic association with anger and aggression.

Blegh, I want lightning.

Easy! If you're a Dark V Consular, "telekinetic throw", fires skulls at your enemy ;)

And look on the bright side. As a Shadow *and* Assassin myself, yes, Gravel Attack is a weak cousin to Force Lightning. On the other hand, while the Inquisitor's "Shock" is basically 'quick and less impressive looking lightning', the Consular gets to smack people in the head with rusting astromechs!

Now.... there's a thought. Maybe the Inquisitor gets different lightning colour options- as options, not mandatory- through Force Alignment changes... and the Consular gets to unlock a) different Project-junk, and b) gets an increased chance of pulling the *interesting* stuff out of the ground- astromechs, speeders, whatever new stuff is unlocked, and less of a chance of it being "Rock, holocron, floorplate, rock, holocron, floorplate, rock, rock, rock..." :)

Mind you, I'd love a Dark-side only Project-variant of "telekinetically pick up your companion and throw them at your target's head". Preferably available through Legacy Project, so my smuggler can do it with the massive blunt instrument called Corso Riggs ;)

I would like to see just more fraction and class specific things. Who says that we all have to be equal? Shouldn't that make it desirable to play other class's for the fact that they do different things based off lore?

I would love the ability to customize your force lightning color but make it for the inquisitor class only in my opinion.

Blegh, I want lightning.

You actually want lightning? In PVP, Consulars have an advantage over Inquisitors because the animation is less flashy.

The "pebbles" are less likely to be seen, allowing you to stand in the middle of a mob, finishing off your enemies.

If I see lightning splurging all over the place, I am tracing that lightning down to its source and killing the caster. I cannot see "pebbles" as well as I can see lightning.

At the end of the day, who's laughing? The guy with the flashy lightning that just got killed, or the guy with the "pebbles" that don't generate so much "eye aggro" and is still alive?

Not exactly, Plo used Electric Judgment [aka Electric Lightning].

Electric Judgment showed up as yellow or green energy[instead of blue or white, but otherwise it was very similar in both appearance and usage to the Force power known as Force lightning. This power was uncommon and controversial among the Jedi because of its intrinsic association with anger and aggression.

That sounds really....really stupid, but I guess that is what happens when everything has to be black and white morality. Can't imply that Jedi use "evil" powers now can we!

You actually want lightning? In PVP, Consulars have an advantage over Inquisitors because the animation is less flashy.

The "pebbles" are less likely to be seen, allowing you to stand in the middle of a mob, finishing off your enemies.

If I see lightning splurging all over the place, I am tracing that lightning down to its source and killing the caster. I cannot see "pebbles" as well as I can see lightning.

At the end of the day, who's laughing? The guy with the flashy lightning that just got killed, or the guy with the "pebbles" that don't generate so much "eye aggro" and is still alive?

I'm the one laughing. I'm a tank with a Vanish!