Genteel Dress Set discrepancy

KeiAngelus

Before the most recent update, the Genteel Dress Set was identical for both me and my padawan (Nadia Grell). Now, the Sash does not show on me, but does still show on Nadia. Also, there is no collar on me now, but Nadia's remains. Is this some sort of glitch that will be resolved, or did you just pull another switcheroo like you did with the "Classic" sets? I rather like the Genteel Set, but I also like(ed) the fact that my companion and I matched. Any information provided about this is most appreciated. Thank you!

People complained about it, so they re-removed it.

Not quite. It was advertised as it is now. Then they changed it so that it was identical for both male and female, which (understandably) caused an uproar amongst alot of players who bought it because of how it looked on males at the time.

So now they changed it back to how it was supposed to be from the start.

Not quite. It was advertised as it is now. Then they changed it so that it was identical for both male and female, which (understandably) caused an uproar amongst alot of players who bought it because of how it looked on males at the time.

Which doesn't make much sense - it seemed fairly obvious from the start that the male version was unfinished. Bioware should have just done what they did with the Phantom gear or at least put the collar back on, the collar was the best part.

I bought the sash because of how it looked with the gold pattern on it. The item also shows the gold pattern. That gold is the only reason I bought that sash (frankly the brown colour the sash itself gets when matched to my red (?) chestpiece is plain ugly). Now the gold is gone. Why should it look different on male characters than females? Why is the gold on the sash removed for males? I don't care about the collar and such things, but please, BioWare, put back the gold on the sash! Otherwise there's not a single belt that suits the rest of my clothes, and I'll have to spend a fortune removing the mods from the Genteel one...

Edited by SelvesteSand

Aww, I haven't checked my pieces yet, but I rather liked them on my Consular. ;_;

Dear Bioware, if you design an outfit that you for some reason do not deem suitable/appealing for one gender as-is, it is often not a good idea to deal with this by simply removing design elements of the outfit for that gender (the Inquisitor crop-top hoodies are another example of this). Either alter these design elements, or replace them with some different form of decoration.

And I'd have thought Bioware would have learned to not mess with the looks of already-released CM armors by now, it is a great way to annoy a lot of people. :confused: