Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Augment glitch still here

evilmoka

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that this is not intended and is a bug. We also would like to apologize for the frustration many of you are experiencing around Bolster. As we discover issues like this it is our goal to fix them as quickly and efficiently as possible and we want to thank you for your continued patience as we work through them. Making PvP a fun and balanced experience is really important to us and to SWTOR. This is something we will definitely be fixing in a future patch and I will let you know as soon as I have more information on when that fix will happen. As a note this will not be fixed this coming Tuesday as currently we do not have a scheduled maintenance planned.

Thanks for your info and your continued patience.

-eric

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that this is not intended and is a bug. We also would like to apologize for the frustration many of you are experiencing around Bolster. As we discover issues like this it is our goal to fix them as quickly and efficiently as possible and we want to thank you for your continued patience as we work through them. Making PvP a fun and balanced experience is really important to us and to SWTOR. This is something we will definitely be fixing in a future patch and I will let you know as soon as I have more information on when that fix will happen. As a note this will not be fixed this coming Tuesday as currently we do not have a scheduled maintenance planned.

-eric

wooohoooooo

Hey everyone,

-eric

he speaks!

Hey everyone,

-eric

Thanks for the post, Eric.

Hey everyone,

-eric

Love you eric, but were you sick or something? Why couldn't you have posted this the past two days? :/

Hey everyone,

-eric

If there is a fix ready in time this is probably something worth having an unscheduled maintenance period. I know you aren't in charge of that, but Tuesday will be three weeks of bugged bolster. It's probably worth taking down the servers over and over to get it fixed, if it comes to that.

If there is a fix ready in time this is probably something worth having an unscheduled maintenance period. I know you aren't in charge of that, but Tuesday will be three weeks of bugged bolster. It's probably worth taking down the servers over and over to get it fixed, if it comes to that.

Lol its been way longer then 3 weeks. All these bugs were caught on PTS and mentioned to them at that time.

Jenna'syyde

Hey everyone,

-eric

Eric the bolster is creating more issues that the ones is fixing .. just take it out of 55 and we are all good.

Talking about live servers, clearly.

yeah but if they didn't fix them during PTS what makes you think they will now. Whats the point of a PTS if they fix nothing that is mentioned as bugged or broken. Your faith in them fixing things is kinda of cute tho.

Jenna'syyde

Hey everyone,

-eric

Thanks for the reply. IMO, you are one of the finest people working on the game. But, your coworkers in the PVP department have let us down five times in a row on this issue, and so, I remain unconvinced.

Hey everyone,

-eric

you should just make a meme or something for this. its gotten to that point...

"bolster bug? its not working as intended, we will fix it tuesday!"

how many times are you going to feed us that same line? i realize you are just the messenger Mr. Musco, but im going to shoot you anyways as a message to whoever told you to write that.

instead of "fixing" the problem as quickly as possible, how about you dont do a rush job and actually put some high quality work in so that no more of these stupid bugs crop up? its as if there is no QA team at all, let alone a thorough one.

yeah but if they didn't fix them during PTS what makes you think they will now. Whats the point of a PTS if they fix nothing that is mentioned as bugged or broken. Your faith in them fixing things is kinda of cute tho.

Jenna'syyde

What's the point in responding to me in this way? Honestly. Unless you have a good answer to this I'm sure you will understand if I ignore further responses. Not really worth anybody's time. If you have an issue with BW's handling of this, use them as a scratching post, not me.

you should just make a meme or something for this. its gotten to that point...

"bolster bug? its not working as intended, we will fix it tuesday!"

Well, they won't be this Tuesday, so it wouldn't work in this case.

Hey everyone,

-eric

I'm sorry but having this live for a whole week is already insane imo and you're saying it's NOT going to be fixed by next tuesday? seriously?

Hey everyone,

-eric

As much as I want this fixed, I am more satisified with the fact we received a dev response. This shows some form of dedication as he was not required to say anything. With that it pretty much confirms it is a bug and INDEED an exploit. I will continue to pvp and I will continue to report and /bug anyone I see abusing this glitch. Thank you again for the response. It took a while but it got there

Hey everyone,

-eric

Now i know you're likely not the one responsible for this message - but this tells us absolutley nothing. Also, it's quite the generic cut'n'paste response i would expect when asking questions to a GM.

I say we deserve a much, much better explanation and intel then this. Im seriously starting to wonder if you simply hope to lose the remaining "hardcore" pvpers so that you can get on with your fancy cartel market and the occasional new flashpoint....

HOW COULD THIS POSSIBLY HAPPEN IF YOU HAVE A TEAM TESTING THE PATCH BEFORE PUSHING IT ON LIVE?

Well, they won't be this Tuesday, so it wouldn't work in this case.

true, but the basic premise still remains.

this game has either has no QA team, or it was one of the worst i have seen in any industry.

if i were to put out a report for work that had a bunch of errors, it was sent back to me to fix, and i made changes that only produced more errors (but not the same, i fixed those ones!), do you think i would still be getting a pay check?

I'm sorry but having this live for a whole week is already insane imo and you're saying it's NOT going to be fixed by next tuesday? seriously?

Glad to hear its in the works.

What is the ETA on the commando/merc fix?

Eric, I'd really like an announcement on exploiting the bug.

My guess is "We're not calling it an exploit because then we'd have to do something about all the people that exploited" just like the Ilum exploits-that-aren't-exploits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.