The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

There is something I must do terribly wrong...

Angedechu

I finished Makeb at level 54. Not a big deal. Roamed around, did the seeker and binoc quests, which yes are some times tedious but I got to 55 well before I got done with those chains.

Do some flashpoints, do some warzones, shouldn't be a problem.

If you had a 50 when the expansion launched you need to do more than just follow from quest hub to quest hub. Doing the dailies one time or a Flashpoint or two, or whatever else you want to do will get you to 55 pretty easily. Anyone who wasn't 50 will probably get to 55 well before they approach finishing Makeb. I was level 50 when the expansion hit, but I hit 50 in Hoth and hadn't played since, so I just did the planets after that before I went to Makeb. I was 54 before I stepped foot on the planet, and was 55 before the end of the second hub.

People keep saying that it's easy to get to level 55 with the available quests.

I did every single quests available, with cartel exp boosts, and I'm still in early 54. (I obviously skipped all group quests, as getting groups for group quests is virtually impossible)

I'm trying to do the binoculars and probe droids quests, but it's progressing a bit slowly, since those quests are so tedious (not to mention bugged) that i can't stand them for more than 30 minutes before suffocating with rage (but I'm suppose that putting false indications on the maps to make players run in circles for hours trying to figure out how to access a point is a way to pad the content)

There are 1000 dailies in this game, both at section x and the black hole. You have many different options available to you even if you don't like the mini game quests.

I don't know what to tell ya OP. I have two of my 50s leveled up to 55 now and both did do before finishing the Make storyline. Granted due to not having early access all were only 1xp away from 51 when I started but still.

My suggestion is to run a few lvl50 HM FPs. You can still get the daily mission to do them and they give good xp.

Yes, the binoculars quest is bugged. I spent 40 minutes yesterday on Quesh running in circles trying to reach a point on the map that was indicated with a green arrow : oh, look at the fun joke from Bioware, the green arrow is wrongly placed and the area you need to reach is in a completely different place.

Fun joke, Bioware, fun joke.

Yes, the binoculars quest is bugged. I spent 40 minutes yesterday on Quesh running in circles trying to reach a point on the map that was indicated with a green arrow : oh, look at the fun joke from Bioware, the green arrow is wrongly placed and the area you need to reach is in a completely different place.

Fun joke, Bioware, fun joke.

PEBKAC, I have done all of the binocular and seeker droid missions up until the Heroic 4 at the end, and had absolutely no problems. There are also guides if you can't figure it out.

People keep saying that it's easy to get to level 55 with the available quests.

I did every single quests available, with cartel exp boosts, and I'm still in early 54. (I obviously skipped all group quests, as getting groups for group quests is virtually impossible)

I'm trying to do the binoculars and probe droids quests, but it's progressing a bit slowly, since those quests are so tedious (not to mention bugged) that i can't stand them for more than 30 minutes before suffocating with rage (but I'm suppose that putting false indications on the maps to make players run in circles for hours trying to figure out how to access a point is a way to pad the content)

I've leveled 5 toons to 55, mix of both factions, and I've hit 55 either right before or right after completing the final quest for the story. The only GSI quests I've done is the initial one on Dromand Kass or Corasant. I used an XP boost and just killed everything in my path when doing quests. And that is both with and without rested XP. If you are avoid killing mobs when going for quest objectives you won't make it to 55 by the end of the storyline, KILL EVERYTHING. And I done it with and without doing the Heroic 4 quests.

I've leveled 5 toons to 55, mix of both factions, and I've hit 55 either right before or right after completing the final quest for the story. The only GSI quests I've done is the initial one on Dromand Kass or Corasant. I used an XP boost and just killed everything in my path when doing quests. And that is both with and without rested XP. If you are avoid killing mobs when going for quest objectives you won't make it to 55 by the end of the storyline, KILL EVERYTHING. And I done it with and without doing the Heroic 4 quests.

If the arrow is not at the right place, you can't figure it out.

I finished Makeb's story at level 55, but I also finished all the seeker droid / binocular missions and I did the Makeb heroics.

They aren't bugged, or at least the republic missions aren't. Except for the one quest on Quesh that had the quest marker in the wrong spot, but that didn't take too long to figure out since the marker moves to the correct spot once you get close to it.

Edited by MoobooMagoo

If the arrow is not at the right place, you can't figure it out.

Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about here. If you are in the north by northeast section of the map then the entrance being displayed is not correct. But as you move towards the south (south of the centre) then you reopen your map it corrects itself. At one point, on one of my alts, it showed both entrances.

It's buggy but not gamebreaking.

Like many have said, do you dailies/weeklies on BH/Illum/Belsavis. There are always ppl looking for one for the heroics. Do the PVP dailies as well. Pop a minor XP boost when turning the dailies in. That gives you loads of XP/cash and comms. I hit 55 before setting foot on makeb.

Like many have said, do you dailies/weeklies on BH/Illum/Belsavis. There are always ppl looking for one for the heroics. Do the PVP dailies as well. Pop a minor XP boost when turning the dailies in. That gives you loads of XP/cash and comms. I hit 55 before setting foot on makeb.

WoW! You mean do dailies as part of the levelling because there's not enough side quests and story to get to 55?

LOL....this xpac was a tidal breath.

In fact, you'll WANT to rush to the end of the Makeb storyline as soon as possible, so you can unlock the Makeb weekly before hitting 55. There are 8 zone dailies (about 26k exp each) and the staged weekly (39k each segment). The mission terminal on the orbital station gives all 8 dailies if not the staged weekly too. It's excellent exp, comms, and credits.