Shadows/sins need a dot!

Marisblood

the funny thing is a properly used Deception/Infiltration CAN 1 v 1 any class in this game and win.... they really have no hard counter imho, other than say Ranked pvp where in my limited experience there isn't much 1v1 happening.

Only if you atack first, if not a scoundrel can beat you. Just right now iam going with him to 55. I will enjoy to roll till Bioware will nerf it:P

You make me laugh. You know very good that 1,98 sec cast can not compare with vital shot (instant) and you can be interrupted easy mode. All shadows will prefer to do dmg in those 2 seconds instead of trying to dot a scoundrel. If they make that instant for all trees like some of many talents for other classes are instant (ex: kolto bomb for mercs/mandos) that will be cool.

You must be playing against terrible people if they break CC on low slash. Doing that is instant win against any class because it allows you to sap/heal.

the funny thing is a properly used Deception/Infiltration CAN 1 v 1 any class in this game and win.... they really have no hard counter imho, other than say Ranked pvp where in my limited experience there isn't much 1v1 happening.

This guy half gets it. Technically any class can 1v1 any class depending on player skill, but I do agree that Deception has a much easier time with it than almost every other spec in the game. That's the way Deception is designed, and it is good at its job, the same way Snipers are good at raining death from the longest range in the game, and smashers are good at putting aoe pressure on teams. I don't really believe in hard counters at all personally, me being class A and you class B does not mean I'm automatically going to win. This is not rock, paper, scissors, this is PvP, where skill is a factor. I've seen Mara's beat Snipers, Snipers beat Operatives, etc. The comment about 1v1's in Ranked pvp is dead on though, and is the main reason I remain skeptical about Deception's viablity in RWZ's. Without leaving combat, we do not get Recklessness resets, which puts us back at close to 1.7 viability.

Only if you atack first, if not a scoundrel can beat you. Just right now iam going with him to 55. I will enjoy to roll till Bioware will nerf it:P

From my experience with my scoundrel, unless you happen to be a tank and calling help as soon as you see an enemy, when scoundrel gets to open at you from stealth...you're quite often dead meat if it's 1vs1. It's not some shadow problem. I've been doing it all day for all sorts of classes.

First off, as many people have pointed out, Shadows/Sins do have a dot. The DoT becomes more powerful if you actually use the correct spec that gives it more damage. Not as big as some of the other classes but it is a Dot.

2nd, what you are asking for is basically the equivalent of Carnage of Rage Maras asking for a Dot in their tree. You can't have it all. They have Dots but not as good when used in the right tree. So if you really want the best effects the Dot would give you then spec Madness/Balance and Voila! You have Dots.

3rd, why are you focused on 1v1? The goal in PVP is not 1v1 but rather team play. You help, in addition to other players on your team, take out the person who is:

A. capping a node

B. killing your healers

C. preventing you from capping

D. All of the Above

Its a team effort and your efforts are wasted going after 1 person by yourself while your team is focusing someone else or trying to cap a node or defend one.

Stop making Shadows/Assassins look bad.

You must be playing against terrible people if they break CC on low slash. Doing that is instant win against any class because it allows you to sap/heal.

I can beat scoundrels in fair 1v1 fights but many times, and ya, is true, WZ mates brake my CC and i can not do my job proper. Many did that when i lifted up or double sapped to cap safe or vanished/sapped/healed up. Is really hard to play with some mates who have no idea about what they should do.

First off, as many people have pointed out, Shadows/Sins do have a dot. The DoT becomes more powerful if you actually use the correct spec that gives it more damage. Not as big as some of the other classes but it is a Dot.

2nd, what you are asking for is basically the equivalent of Carnage of Rage Maras asking for a Dot in their tree. You can't have it all. They have Dots but not as good when used in the right tree. So if you really want the best effects the Dot would give you then spec Madness/Balance and Voila! You have Dots.

3rd, why are you focused on 1v1? The goal in PVP is not 1v1 but rather team play. You help, in addition to other players on your team, take out the person who is:

A. capping a node

B. killing your healers

C. preventing you from capping

D. All of the Above

Its a team effort and your efforts are wasted going after 1 person by yourself while your team is focusing someone else or trying to cap a node or defend one.

Stop making Shadows/Assassins look bad.

1.Shadows need a dot (instant cast) in all tree, i do not care about dmg it does but to be a dot there with like 18 sec duration.

2. I wish that shadows to have shock or project equivalent to force scream in dmg. Lol.

3. I love 1v1 and we all love it.

im usually extremely bored with the " nerf *insert class*" or "*insert class* is overpowered", or "*insert class* needs *insert random overpowered ability*" threads,

but smashers/shadows/sins saying they need any upgrades are just pure entertainment :)

all inquisitors have access to crushing darkness. and, iirc, ops cannot cleanse that.

edit: you have to know what class you're trying to kill. a sin can 1v1 anyone. as has already been stated, you need to apply crushing darkness while your target is cc'd. that costs you 1.5 gcds, but that's what we call a trade off.

as for the scrapper already having vital shot, I guess I need to point out that vital shot is a vital part of scrapper dps, which is not nearly as sustainable as their deception cousins. it's much easier to regen force while maintaining high dmg on a deception sin. hell, you could spam maul 3 or 4 times and still have room for a shock and discharge if coming out of stealth.

sins also have a slow and a knockback. you need to know how/when to use them, just as a trooper has to know how/when to drop stealth scan to finish off a mara who camo's.

Edited by foxmob