What's going on...

Nakemi

Now I realise I have not played in sometime (since about 1.4) but undecided to come back and give it another go.

I made a lil Vanguard and went into my first war zone and it's.... Somewhat different. I was being crit regularly for 4-7k and the most I could do in return was about 2.5k. Granted I was level 10, but I was only against lvl 13 sins. Now is there something I am missing? Are there expertise mods, augs etc I should equip to pvp at low levels? Or is it purely my gear for my level?

Any help appreciated :)

Also, Vanguards and PT are probably the most UP class at current standings. Lucky merc/mando and op/scoundrel got buffed, but PT got nerfed, and smashers DIDN'T get nerfed (hardly seems fair to me, and mind you op/scoundrel only got a utility buff in terms of roll that everyone wants nerfed as it is]

So it is normal at the moment then?

I just thought that due to such a large difference between my crits and other classes that I must be missing something... Guess not : /.

I mean I did 250k dmg overall so I guess it could be worse for a level 10, I just need to know that I cannot go toe to toe with people yet, even though I will be lvln as shield spec :p

So it is normal at the moment then?

I just thought that due to such a large difference between my crits and other classes that I must be missing something... Guess not : /.

I mean I did 250k dmg overall so I guess it could be worse for a level 10, I just need to know that I cannot go toe to toe with people yet, even though I will be lvln as shield spec :p

Its not normal. Quit while you can. Bioware has no clue what they are doing.

Now I realise I have not played in sometime (since about 1.4) but undecided to come back and give it another go.

I made a lil Vanguard and went into my first war zone and it's.... Somewhat different. I was being crit regularly for 4-7k and the most I could do in return was about 2.5k. Granted I was level 10, but I was only against lvl 13 sins. Now is there something I am missing? Are there expertise mods, augs etc I should equip to pvp at low levels? Or is it purely my gear for my level?

Any help appreciated :)

Expertise and bolster has a major effect in how damage is calculated. Other than that, with the Cartel Market it is now very easy to twink your new characters early on. You can put a level 10 toon in at least 8 moddable sets, not including the off hand (although possible). Crafters can now make augment slots for those sets fairly easily and in turn they can put augments in said gear... Consider for example using 8-9 times Advanced Surge Augment 3. This will add a decent amount of damage to your critical hits early on.

Just thinking out loud...

Edited by SpoeMeister

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.