Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why is Revan's Set not fixed (Why not answer BW)

Greenify

doing this shouldn't take more than 10 mins to fix.. im calling lazy!

Maybe you've never programmed before. There are long-lasting bugs because you can't tell why it's broken. It's not like they read the code and go "whoops, numHoods = 2 is totally wrong! I'll switch it to 1 and it's fixed".

My biggest problem with the Revan set is how off it is to the one in KOTOR, and by this I mean no cape. I completely understood that in KOTOR, the star forge/revan robes you could obtain could not have the cape due to limits in the game engine. That is clearly not the case anymore, look at all the sets with a cape.

They have done quite wonderfully on the sets such as, Carth, Malak, Jolee, and Bastila in making them look like the actual clothing from the cut scenes in KOTOR that most people liked.

Then we have the Revan set...I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he was the most ICONIC character from "the Old Republic" time frame, and they destroy his iconic look??!!

Seriously.....I can point you to a entire Modding community that worked one KOTOR Mods that could fix this armor in less then a week and make it actually look like the Revan Robes from KOTOR (but more graphically detailed to match the current game engine deployed). Freaking fix it....

Ok rant off lol. Revan's robes are a sore spot considering how well they did on all the other Iconic character robes.

I maybe wrong, but I believe it effects every chest piece that uses that same type of design. I have yet to come across a correct one. If there is one, I'd appreciate it someone would say which it is. I'd love to sport it. :)

It affects majority of NPCs from our stories that are wearing hooded chest pieces ;)

Revan's set didnt have a cape because of the clipping errors. personally not enough force user sets without a stupid butt flap or a cape.

Revan's light gray bug, brown lower robe bug, double hood bug. AND THE NEW HOLOSTATUE'S 100% wrong lower robe bug, and golden device attachment on the gloves bug.

WHY IS IT SO HARD. for them to fix the main protagonist of the original game?

I maybe wrong, but I believe it effects every chest piece that uses that same type of design. I have yet to come across a correct one. If there is one, I'd appreciate it someone would say which it is. I'd love to sport it. :)

It does not affect the following:

1. Muse Vestments

2. Enshrouding Force Robe

3. Robe of Volatile Force

However, these are only the "same type of design" for Imperials:p So basically, long live the Empire!:D

It does not affect the following:

1. Muse Vestments

2. Enshrouding Force Robe

3. Robe of Volatile Force

However, these are only the "same type of design" for Imperials:p So basically, long live the Empire!:D

The double-hood bug specifically attacks cartel pack force user peices.

1. Revans Chestplate.

2. Investigator's Chest piece

3. Pathfinder's Chestplate

Then don't forget Revan's set 3 other bugs, not counting the bugs on the new Holostatue.

Edited by Magnusheart

The double-hood bug specifically attacks cartel pack force user peices.

1. Revans Chestplate.

2. Investigator's Chest piece

3. Pathfinder's Chestplate

Then don't forget Revan's set 3 other bugs, not counting the bugs on the new Holostatue.

It affects these because for the most part, the first 2 are just recolors of the same model.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2622/doublehood.png

Really bothers me that this issue is just ignored. I hate the cloaks and yet if I choose this I have a magical hood from nowhere. The coloring issue doesn't even bother me, it's the second hood, I don't understand why this can't be fixed.

Because you already bought it. There is no profit in fixing something that already has made $$$

Because you already bought it. There is no profit in fixing something that already has made $$$

Despite how much I am against that comment... I am inclined to agree for the most part.

edit: Holostatue of revan doesnt have a doublehood bug.

Edited by Magnusheart

So, not only did Bioware DELETE my thread complaining about Revans Holostatue's graphical bugs. They acknowledge it through doing so. and are not doing anything.

So, Greenify, the Holostatue doesn't have the doublehood bug, but has a glove and lower robe bug, while we are fighting for the doublehood bug. and we are taunted. : /

Edit: sorry for double posting. ._. I seriously thought I was editing my last posts edit. :jawa_redface:

Edited by Magnusheart

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.