The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

RotHC // 2.0 : Healing - It's ridiculous.

LovarBoy

The problem isn't how many dpsers it currently takes to kill a decent healer (3-4 vs. 1.5 dpser in 1.7). The problem is that healing output is so huge that it's hard to reduce a healer's output without devoting 3 dpsers to sitting on them.

It gets frustrating when two of us are on Mumble, sticking on an Op healer the entire game, and he still negates our total damage (heals for +1million vs. both of us doing 500k dmg). In such cases, I'm absolutely not saying the Op should chain die; all I'm saying is I think healers are overperforming while multiple enemies are devoted to stopping them.

Again, not true.... and why don't you wait til you have gear to make those claims. Not to mention figuring out how to dps better. Without a guard, it's extremely hard for a good healer to stay up with 3-4 GOOD dps'ers focusing.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run an operative healer in PVP and I can tell you that I'm being focused down far less often than I was pre-2.0. My theory is that people are trying to pad damage numbers since it's basically free-for-all in there.

I think every class has been boosted in PVP and the numbers really show that. The problem is that healers, especially operative healers, now absolutely require constant attention and some coordination.

My energy management isn't the problem for opponents. It's that they seem to refuse to stun, interrupt, and focus me down with any kind of dedication. You can't randomly target healers anymore. You have to make them the priority at all times.

Otherwise I'm happy to sit in the back of the group and got nuts.

I run an operative healer in PVP and I can tell you that I'm being focused down far less often than I was pre-2.0. My theory is that people are trying to pad damage numbers since it's basically free-for-all in there.

I think every class has been boosted in PVP and the numbers really show that. The problem is that healers, especially operative healers, now absolutely require constant attention and some coordination.

My energy management isn't the problem for opponents. It's that they seem to refuse to stun, interrupt, and focus me down with any kind of dedication. You can't randomly target healers anymore. You have to make them the priority at all times.

Otherwise I'm happy to sit in the back of the group and got nuts.

Hard to focus when theres 3 or 4 or 5 on each team. "Focus the healer".... which one, theyre all healing....

It's that they seem to refuse to stun, interrupt, and focus me down with any kind of dedication. You can't randomly target healers anymore. You have to make them the priority at all times.

Madness/balance lost some of its' ability to put pressure on you and other healers when they got rid of instant WW. You know that we're never able to channel WW so you can simply use your CC breaker on the stun and walk away.

We need Bolster to be fixed, mainly an iteration that actually works correctly, and some throw-down Ranked matches with peeps in min/maxed Conqueror to really make the determination that Healing is OP in 2.0.

Right now it's far too early to tell since we have seen neither.

What's OP in Regz changes with the wind. One day TTK is too fast. The next day Healing is OP. Can't be both.

The one thing we know for certain is that most players in Regz and Lowbies are bad. So take that feedback for what it's worth.

We need Bolster to be fixed, mainly an iteration that actually works correctly, and some throw-down Ranked matches with peeps in min/maxed Conqueror to really make the determination that Healing is OP in 2.0.

Right now it's far too early to tell since we have seen neither.

What's OP in Regz changes with the wind. One day TTK is too fast. The next day Healing is OP. Can't be both.

The one thing we know for certain is that most players in Regz and Lowbies are bad. So take that feedback for what it's worth.

Yup.

Im just tired of the healers are unbeatable. Last night I raged on one of my guild members because they kept claiming that the healers couldnt be killed. Low and behold my team did on average 100k damage to each healer, their team did 400k+ damage per healer. I still single handedly out healed 3 of them (its just terribly inefficient to have more than 2 healers in most zones), but they were never able to flip the turret because dps was just spreading their damage to thin.

The day there are no dps on ranked war zone teams, is the day that there needs to be a serious discussion on dps v. healing. But as of now, Im pretty sure most teams are running very similar to before, they are just having to adapt and use a little more strategy. You cant just leroy jenkins every position, sometimes you have to be clever.

To me that is what pvp is all about.

Yup.

Im just tired of the healers are unbeatable. Last night I raged on one of my guild members because they kept claiming that the healers couldnt be killed. Low and behold my team did on average 100k damage to each healer, their team did 400k+ damage per healer. I still single handedly out healed 3 of them (its just terribly inefficient to have more than 2 healers in most zones), but they were never able to flip the turret because dps was just spreading their damage to thin.

The day there are no dps on ranked war zone teams, is the day that there needs to be a serious discussion on dps v. healing. But as of now, Im pretty sure most teams are running very similar to before, they are just having to adapt and use a little more strategy. You cant just leroy jenkins every position, sometimes you have to be clever.

To me that is what pvp is all about.

give it time, this has all ready started cropping up....and once more teams get geared Im sure it'll happen more and more.

Again, not true.... and why don't you wait til you have gear to make those claims. Not to mention figuring out how to dps better. Without a guard, it's extremely hard for a good healer to stay up with 3-4 GOOD dps'ers focusing.

Or one. I can keep good ones in check by myself as a hybrid tank, I could only imagine if I were full DPS spec.

Dealing with healers is mostly L2P, even in 2.0, but until gear and bolster is hammered out, it is really hard to say healing is OP at this moment.

Hard to focus when theres 3 or 4 or 5 on each team. "Focus the healer".... which one, theyre all healing....

That's a very good point. It gets chaotic when there are more than a couple healers. You just have to mark and assign, which I know is impossible with a pug group. Have to believe that Bioware will nerf things. My concern is that the developers haven't really shown they can be trusted with the nefhammer.

They love to gimp PVP at the expense of PVE. Changing my energy management because of PVP will also screw up my PVE stuff. Same will go for DPS. It's kind of a mess right now.

give it time, this has all ready started cropping up....and once more teams get geared Im sure it'll happen more and more.

Or it could be once those teams start getting face rolled people realizing that 4 tanks/ 4 healers wont put enough dps up to take objectives.

It could work in voidstar defense or in huttball, but how are you possibly going to get through the doors if you cant kill anyone? How are you going to flip mid if you cant kill any?

I think that is what most people are saying. Wait and see, PVP is entirely screwed up. There is no point making huge changes until the most basic pvp issues are fixed (bolster).

You cant just leroy jenkins every position, sometimes you have to be clever.

Dude I Leroy EVERY WZ..:D

I'm keyboardturningmouseclickingbackpeddlingbaddie,

but I have one key bound... Its "interrupt" and I have a large "target status" bar on my screen.

All just for healer harrasment.

/thumbsup

I have seen this trend as of late where people complain about healers but yet don't make a effort to kill them it's not hard most healers are not any harder to kill as they were before just got to learn how to play against all the new moves.

Or it could be once those teams start getting face rolled people realizing that 4 tanks/ 4 healers wont put enough dps up to take objectives.

It could work in voidstar defense or in huttball, but how are you possibly going to get through the doors if you cant kill anyone? How are you going to flip mid if you cant kill any?

I think that is what most people are saying. Wait and see, PVP is entirely screwed up. There is no point making huge changes until the most basic pvp issues are fixed (bolster).

Thats what field respec is for...

But i agree PvP is very screwed up but its not just because of bolster and I dont know how they fix it. I think its probably beyond repair at this point.

Or one. I can keep good ones in check by myself as a hybrid tank, I could only imagine if I were full DPS spec.

Dealing with healers is mostly L2P, even in 2.0, but until gear and bolster is hammered out, it is really hard to say healing is OP at this moment.

concur. they threw out 3-4 dps'ers so I stuck with it.. but I agree with you to a point. No single class (tank especially) can keep me locked down. They could annoy me suppose.

You know another good survey would be for healers to answer this:

How often does your casted attacks get "interrupted", regardless of what is used to do it, in an average Reg WZ?

reg warzones? I never get interrupted.. unless going against players that I also face in rateds. I don't take a whole lot of damage most of the time too.. let me also say that i've RARELY been in a wz with more than 2 healers.

You know another good survey would be for healers to answer this:

How often does your casted attacks get "interrupted", regardless of what is used to do it, in an average Reg WZ?

Against the good teams, I get stun locked and killed. Against bad teams they just wail away at me because to them damage numbers are more important than winning.

A huge problem with wzs is that many players are not objective focused. If you are not playing for objectives, healers will seem extremely powerful, because most healers are team oriented as their entire function is helping the team.

Reisel,

If they are field respeccing then they arent actually running a full healer the whole time. That would be battle tactics, not healing being op.

reg warzones? I never get interrupted.. unless going against players that I also face in rateds. I don't take a whole lot of damage most of the time too.. let me also say that i've RARELY been in a wz with more than 2 healers.

Thought so....

I love interrupting Puddle/Trance and Kolto/Healing....

It's what I PvP for, as I am sure it pisses you guys off... :D but why is a tank leading the charge in the interrupt train?

L2P DEEPS, L2P

If a healer is getting off a big heal and they're not a Commando your DPS is doing something terribly wrong.

The only case a healer should get heals with a casting time woudl be:

Sage: Healing Trance (because by the time you notice it's not Deliverance it's usually a waste of an interrupt to stop it), sometimes Salvation for strategic reasons (e.g. you're focus fire on this healer, there's no way Salvation heals enough to counter that so go ahead and let him finish that spell).

Commando: When protected by their interrupt immunity CD.

Scoundral: Diagnoistic Scan.

Makes me chuckle. All the uber skilled healers just say "focus" the healer. Kind of hard to do so when the other 2 healers are just healing him back up and their dps are killing you.

Healers will always find excuses for why their healing seems overpowered. It's always conveniently "the bads" just don't know how to kill them.

No, it's because you can heal your self and others around you even while being attacked.

Edited by Arkerus