The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

RotHC // 2.0 : Healing - It's ridiculous.

LovarBoy

Yes all the healer has to do is heal everyone in the pvp, while at the same time fending off 6-8 other people with the sole purpose of killing that healer.

Also, what wz can 3 healers effectively be on 1 node where you wont lose?

If you ever see that and you keep attacking that node, its your fault because it means there are at least 1 (voidstar) or 2 other nodes that are not defended by healers, unless they have 4-5, in which case, how are they killing you as they have no dps?

I played against a team of 6 sorcs 1 sin 1 operative in operative i dont know how many were healers but there were a few we couldn't plant due to sorc range and we couldnt burst single targets altogether because they would all just heal that person

i have to say it was my most depressing match ever

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gys didnt play mmo-PvP before the old Republic I guess?

A sinle Damage Dealer should NEVER be able to kill a dedicated healer. Even 2 DDs shouldnt be able to kill him. Healers are the ceterpoint of any fight. You try to CC the Rest, separate the Healer from its Tank and its DDprotectors, then Assist-Train the healer down. The team wo has the most skill will be able to down the healer before the other team does.

Thats skilled PvP-Gameplay. Before 2.0 Healing was a joke, so was the whole PvP. Now its definitely closer to real mmo-pvp.

the same arguments before 1.2. Healing is fine, healers are supposed to outheal multiple DPS, yeah right..

the same arguments before 1.2. Healing is fine, healers are supposed to outheal multiple DPS, yeah right..

sounds about right, imo.

If healers could not out heal 2 dps, then the ttk would be instant.

First the ttk is too short, now it's too long, all within the same patch!.

I've seen it ALL now.

PS. You play a sniper and still cant kill them, gg baddie.

Edited by Scotland

I am sorry OP you are wrong.

As for the rest go to Twitch.tv have a look at some ranked games that take place. People are dying a lot.

I am talking about organized pvp when there is a tank that does close to 1 million protection, good healers and dps that can focus and interupt.

Your experience in random WZs cannot be use as a valid argument to determind if healing is OP or not.

Helloooo.....

Edited by Princz

sounds about right, imo.

I've seen it ALL now.

for a dude that claims to be the best operative healer on Pot5, I would expect less hypocrisy about his own class. LoSing snipers as an OP healer is EASY and takes no effort and you KNOW THAT.

Any healer whining about ranged DPS is a bad healer. You only have to worry only about Carnage, Rage and probably Deception and Concealment (may be). Everything else is just a minor annoyance for you.

But nooo!!! healing is difffficuuuult.

Edited by NoTomorrow

You gys didnt play mmo-PvP before the old Republic I guess?

A sinle Damage Dealer should NEVER be able to kill a dedicated healer. Even 2 DDs shouldnt be able to kill him. Healers are the ceterpoint of any fight. You try to CC the Rest, separate the Healer from its Tank and its DDprotectors, then Assist-Train the healer down. The team wo has the most skill will be able to down the healer before the other team does.

Thats skilled PvP-Gameplay. Before 2.0 Healing was a joke, so was the whole PvP. Now its definitely closer to real mmo-pvp.

Sorry to blow your mind, but swtor unlike any other mmos has a little thing called PVP tanking. I understand that as a new and unexperienced player, who has no idea how to PVP, you probably never met any tanks, but let me assure you, as soon as you start healing over 200k in wzs, there will be some guy who will wrap you cozily in a Guard, increasing your survivability 3-fold. That of course if you know how to switch between friendly targets and cast aoe heals. Good luck and welcome to SWTOR

Before 2.0 playing a healer in a WZ was not that fun, as soon as you were marked the other team would send 1 or 2 DPS at you and could eliminate you quickly, regardless of being guarded.

Now healers ARE more relevant to a WZ as it SHOULD be. Healers are a little tougher to kill but under *sustained focus fire* healers can be killed. I hate to say it but this is entirely a L2P issue. If you leave healers alone then yes they are going to be left to heal and you are likely to loose. Focus fire or at least "harass" healers so they can't heal the team and you have a good shot at winning. If there are multiple healers it will require 1 player to lockdown/occupy each healer while another healer is focused by the rest of the team. This takes communication and coordination (which is the REAL problem, not healers). If you can't take out healers than maybe you aren't as good as you think you are. Talk to healers in your guild and learn their weaknesses or roll one your self.

Whining about "healers are op" is ignorant and shows you need to adjust your tactics. I play healers/DPS/tank so I see all sides in PVP. Healers can be frustrating, but so can ALL other classes if they are left to play to their strengths. The fact is that PVPers can't rely on their gear advantage to win and roll over other players, they are actually going to have to develop skill and learn some tactics to out play the other team.

Whether you love or hate bolster, this is some of the most balanced & competitive PVP we have had, and the community should be grateful rather than whining about it because they have to adjust. I have seen so many matches that have been close or have pulled victory out from what looked like a loss.

Having all roles relevant in WZ again is good for PVP.

sounds about right, imo.

I've seen it ALL now.

Lol alba, you made me smile there.

And yeah, in regs healers may be hard to kill because people are stupid and don't focus or cc correctly.. But trust me, healing is fine

for a dude that claims to be the best operative healer on Pot5, I would expect less hypocrisy about his own class. LoSing snipers as an OP healer is EASY and takes no effort and you KNOW THAT.

Any healer whining about ranged DPS is a bad healer. You only have to worry only about Carnage, Rage and probably Deception and Concealment (may be). Everything else is just a minor annoyance for you.

But nooo!!! healing is difffficuuuult.

*cough cough* *bad* *cough cough*

i also have a sniper, i have no problem killing op healers. "Especially in regs" !

Now i want you to read this part and go back and learn your class more.

Lol alba, you made me smile there.

And yeah, in regs healers may be hard to kill because people are stupid and don't focus or cc correctly.. But trust me, healing is fine

<3 Cilas. Hit it on the head there my son!

Everyone should read this very carefully, it may only be a single line, but it seems some of you have a problem reading, so imma make sure i emphasise the exact part you have to read.

Cheers

I don't mind healers in WZ and I love playing them but even I have to laugh when I start one as a sage. Put my bubble on and AOE heal like crazy and watch the other team die and die and die and die as I barely lose a bar of health in my little shield of invulnerability :) I do like the 80k-100k xp from the zone but come on I mean yeah the bubbles nice but maybe the whole 'bubble' and 'shield' thing should have a slightly longer cooldown in warzones exclusively,

Oh, and one more thing....

2.0 just went live. Some people have much better gear than others, bolster helps but only to a degree (as it should). Some have augments, others don't. Believe it or not, this actually has an affect how how 'OP' you might think someone's healing is. Way too much complaining in this thread.

Oh, and one more thing....

2.0 just went live. Some people have much better gear than others, bolster helps but only to a degree (as it should). Some have augments, others don't. Believe it or not, this actually has an affect how how 'OP' you might think someone's healing is. Way too much complaining in this thread.

^ this

I still have next to no gear, as I am just too busy right now to get in much play time. In rateds the other night, I feel like I still outplayed the other healers for the most part but could definitely not outperform their healing output, as my gear is just behind everyone else's for now. I am OK with that because #s alone do not win games. For now, just plugging along acquiring gear when I have time to play...the rest, I don't worry about.

Healing in ranked feels OK to me - but can feel OP when playing regulars against disorganized teams or bad comps.

Amount of kills done by entire group in Hypergate wz - 2. That was against 4 healers. Most boring piece of drawn out garbage wz ever. And pretty much every wz is lately like that.

It really doesnt help that people can respec right inside wz.

I think I just quit doing pvp alltogether. It's just not wort the high bloodpressure and frustration, with all this lvl 55 bolster bs and healing orgy.

It's quite clear that there will never be any normal pvp in this game with those devs.

There are only two ways a team with 4 (or more) healers can even kill anybody:

1. Your team has no healers.

2. Their DPS are smashers and you're playing on Voidstar. In this case they'd have one of their 4 healers just stand next to the door and constantly plant the bomb. Due to targetting issues + preemptive defense against exploits at some point you'll be forced to have a bunch of people cluster around that guy and this allows the 1 or 2 smashers to actually do enough damage to kill someone.

And aside from Huttball, there's pretty much no map you can win without killing someone.

I have a game against 4 healers (possibly more) with either 1 or 2 helares on our side on Hypergates and they killed 0 guys in round 1 and we probably killed 2 guys (but failed to cap). And then we had a round where neither side capped a pylon because nobody died on either side. We eventually won and it's actually because their team has absolutely no ability to kill anybody that we eventually won by the fact that they can never cap something while we'll eventaully succeed one of these days by killing the right guys at the right time.

Heh, ya I was on a team where we lost, but had two 500k+ healers and two more over 300k each.

Well, maybe having great heals will teach people to focus fire, but I doubt it.

Focus fire doesn't work against 4 healers if they have a Guard at the right place. You need to realize what having 4 healers means in terms of gameplay and exploit that. A team with such composotion isn't going to take a node by killing people, so you need to take advantage of that. In the case of Hypergates, this means you always attack their pylon immediately knowing that they can't kill you anyway. In Alderaan this means they're more likely to do something unorthodox like split 4/0/4 (deny your natural long enough to cap their natural and stall to win) but a 4/0/4 split is very obvious when they're doing it, so your guys in middle need to adjust accordingly. In Novare Coast it means your worst DPS should just constantly attempt to cap the turret controls since you likely won't be killing anybody.

I want to add my voice to the list as well. Not only is healing out of control (or so it seems), but I strongly question the wisdom in not doing subtle changes but instead pretty much turning everything upside down so that overall balance is very strange.

And why the bolster they way it is? Wouldnt it have been much more straightforward to simply adjust the benefits of expertise?

I guess I should reserve my judgement until I have a full partisan set or so, but coming from WH/EWH stuff to this is terrible. It is MUCH tougher than it ever was before 2.0 in recruit gear.

I am seeing people say the healing is balanced in ranked wz and op in reg wz's due to lack of cordination. My question for both sides of the argument is "Should wz be balanced around ranked wz's or reg wz's ?". I am up in the air about this. On one had the vast, vast majority of matches are regs but the most dedicated pvpers run ranked. So appeal to the masses or the elite few.

I suspect they will balance around reg wz's and healing will get tweeked down.

Thoughts?

I am seeing people say the healing is balanced in ranked wz and op in reg wz's due to lack of cordination. My question for both sides of the argument is "Should wz be balanced around ranked wz's or reg wz's ?". I am up in the air about this. On one had the vast, vast majority of matches are regs but the most dedicated pvpers run ranked. So appeal to the masses or the elite few.

I suspect they will balance around reg wz's and healing will get tweeked down.

Thoughts?

It's not about ranked or regular wzs... It's about bad players or good players. Just so happens that more bad players are in regs, so that's the source of most of the complainers

You can beat 4 healers with focus fire if you CC and are intelligent about how you do it, but with no in game voice that's just not going to happen outside of ranked.

Yeah and then the other team just Guards that healer and CC your DPS on voice. We can play this game all day long talking about hypothetical awesomeness that you can apply to do something. In reality 4 healers simply do not die easily, but you don't have to kill them to win because they certainly won't be killing you either.

The problem isn't how many dpsers it currently takes to kill a decent healer (3-4 vs. 1.5 dpser in 1.7). The problem is that healing output is so huge that it's hard to reduce a healer's output without devoting 3 dpsers to sitting on them.

It gets frustrating when two of us are on Mumble, sticking on an Op healer the entire game, and he still negates our total damage (heals for +1million vs. both of us doing 500k dmg). In such cases, I'm absolutely not saying the Op should chain die; all I'm saying is I think healers are overperforming while multiple enemies are devoted to stopping them.