RotHC // 2.0 : Healing - It's ridiculous.

LovarBoy

is that the healers fault? :rolleyes:

and what has that to do with the differences between a good healer and a bad healer?

Right now you need a very very well coordinated burst DPS to beat some relatively average heals helping each other with cross heals. If the DPS is ranged, is easily LoSable, if DPS is not burst, it's easily outhealed.

I do not agree on this balance theory about DPS locking down a Healer without being able to actually kill him. If the healer is alive, he can still interrupt capping the mission objective. It's way too easy to heal on defense and outlast enemy team until time runs out.

Edited by NoTomorrow

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now you need a very very well coordinated burst DPS to beat some relatively average heals helping each other with cross heals. If the DPS is ranged, is easily LoSable, if DPS is not burst, it's easily outhealed.

I do not agree on this balance theory about DPS locking down a Healer without being able to actually kill him. If the healer is alive, he can still interrupt capping the mission objective. It's way too easy to heal on defense.

Don't use crosshealing as a reason, why you believe healing is op.

even in the time, healing was the weakest, you could hold somebody up with crosshealing

That's like complaining about not making a lot of dmg, when you're beating on someone while you are taunted twice and he was just interceded at by a juggernaut :rolleyes:

unfortunately there is no difference between good healer and a bad healer, the game has been very easy for them.

As a sniper i never really QQed about the lack of healers. The healerless (both sides) 1.7 games where some of the most fun games i've experienced. :D

Ok I really think you're just trolling now. You have had me for a while in this thread and for that, good on ya.

I do not agree on this balance theory about DPS locking down a Healer without being able to actually kill him. If the healer is alive, he can still interrupt capping the mission objective. It's way too easy to heal on defense and outlast enemy team until time runs out.

This is the root of the problem. A healer not only heals but harasses because they simply can't be killed. If there are two healers they can easily lock down a node so that 3-4 DPS can't even take it.

It's not only healing, its the fact that they don't die and can harass indefinitely that is a huge problem right now.

You shouldnt be able to lock down a node with 1 healer who just spams heals and escape mechanisms. It's not fun, for anyone.

Don't use crosshealing as a reason, why you believe healing is op.

even in the time, healing was the weakest, you could hold somebody up with crosshealing

That's like complaining about not making a lot of dmg, when you're beating on someone while you are taunted twice and he was just interceded at by a juggernaut :rolleyes:

Personally I would remove completely any talent of the sort: "increasing healing RECEIVED" which gives this huge advantage to cross healing. You can have your standard increasing healing DONE talents. Those should be enough.

The healing debuff on Shatter shot and Marauder equivalent should be improved, to act as a more reliable healer counter, the 20% debuff is a joke when you have such powerful heals while our DPS gets mitigated to crap by taunts and guards.

All RDPS classes should have their interrupts down to 8 seconds. 12 seconds is just a stupid joke, especially when operative healers have tons of instant heals and are not so dependent on kolto injection. You've got tanks with guards and taunts to save your butts anyway, you should be fine.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Personally I would remove completely any talent of the sort: "increasing healing RECEIVED" which gives this huge advantage to cross healing. You can have your standard increasing healing DONE talents. Those should be enough.

And I'd remove any talent which applies a debuff: recieved healing reduced by x %

which gives a huge advantage to two classes (sniper and mara) against healers, you have a lot of dmg that should be enough :rolleyes:

but now I will no longer feed the troll, sry people that I didn't realize earlier.

Edited by Never_Hesitate

And I'd remove any talent which applies a debuff: recieved healing reduced by x %

which gives a huge advantage to two classes (sniper and mara) against healers, you have a lot of dmg that should be enough :rolleyes:

but now I will no longer feed the troll, sry people that I didn't realize earlier.

a single Taunt debuff (-30% DPS) more than compensates for the -20% shatter shot healing debuff.

Yup, took me a while to realize he was trolling too

Somebody who posts such horrible suggestions, shouldn't be taken seriously and we stopped doing so (at least in this thread)

If those suggestions would be so horrible as you say, then it wouldn't be a problem for you to refute them.

If those suggestions would be so horrible as you say, then it wouldn't be a problem for you to refute them.

See 25 pages ago.

I didnt, and still don't, think you are genuinely serious. Therefore I felt no need to refute your arguments. They are too obviously incorrect.

See 25 pages ago.

I didnt, and still don't, think you are genuinely serious. Therefore I felt no need to refute your arguments. They are too obviously incorrect.

I am not a proud/arrogant dude, I can admit my mistakes if you can kindly point to individual points where you disagree. We are all civilized people down here. If you are just lazy to reply, just say you are lazy and I shall understand. Who the hell cares about who is RIGHT ON INTERNET after all, especially in a developerless game.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Healing debuff is a bad idea because on a heavily healed target it basically says 'increase damage taken by 25%', because you know the only thing that's keeping that target alive is the heals. The funny thing is that while 'increase damage taken by 25%' would be an insane ability, it's still not enough to overcome heals right now which just says about how powerful they are.

From a design point of view, in PvP you're basically saying 'this class sucks which is why it gets this special heal debuff no one else has', which is a bad phiosophy, and I'd argue Snipers definitely don't suck for PvP anywya. It doesn't even make sense in PvE. I'm not aware of any encounter where an enemy has an uninterruptible heal that you must heal debuff to beat it, and if this encounter exists it's got to be a pretty dumb one (the mob clearly must heal for ridiculous numbers but just low enough while debuffed to be beatable, so why not just give it more HPs?)

He's not wrong. There is a huge difference between good dps'ers and bad ones in warzones.

The difference between average healers and good healers got a lot smaller in 2.0 though, which kinda does make it a bit healer heavy lately

It been said a few times but here is a good point: You don't need to kill the healer to take him/her out of the fight. If he/she takes enough damage, he/she's now healing himself/herself and not the team

Also, when a dps is putting up less than say 200k in a sustained fight wz (not counting for example a voidstar which you breezed through or got massacred in) and their other numbers are not existent, then they're clearly not gonna kill a healer, or anything else for that matter. (if they have objective numbers, its different story about their skill sometimes)

a bad healer is just as useless as a bad dps. period.

It been said a few times but here is a good point: You don't need to kill the healer to take him/her out of the fight. If he/she takes enough damage, he/she's now healing himself/herself and not the team

This. Often, when I lose teamfights, it's becuase the other team has figured out that actually killing me is a bad idea; it just leads to a free HP/resource refill, albeit with a small delay (I usually come right back to keep bringing the pain and trolling.) However, forcing me to break LoS, having whittled me down to 1% HP, and making sure I've burnt most of my resources/resource-cooldowns on team healing ensures that I have to play more careful or actually duck out of the fight, thus creating openings that the opposing team can exploit.

Additionally: healers are not great damage dealers usually. One healer against two damage dealers isn't going to go so well unless said healer is a truly top-notch player (and, I'm not going to lie: I'm not even close to that caliber yet.)

BioWare, tone down healing.

Every warzone is filled up with healers because nowadays it's the amount of healers, that matters in winning or loosing a warzone.

2 healer per team are horrible, because you can't even deal enough damage to kill them ( especially if one of them is guarded ). 3 healer - don't think about killing ANYONE of the opponents team.

Who the hell has been in the position for the 2.0 PvP balance? It's just horrible.

The amount of mass-healing ( especially group heals & HoT's ) is so overwhelming, that it's horrible. You just need one healer to defend a position against 2 DD's - run around and heal like an idiot and he will survive "eternally" until there will be enough friends to help or enemies to kill him. That can't be the sense of PvP.

A good healer right now can outheal 2 DD's - I can. And I think it's ridiculous. As soon as there are 2 / 3 healers in a team, you can't kill anybody. What's the sense of 1 healer = 2 DD's? It's laughable.

And please, don't argument with focus the healers - yeah, sure, focus 1 / 2 healer, no problem. There are dozens of ways they can protect themselves. Annoying Sorcs / Sages throwing shields like their crazy, Barrier that makes them invulnerable until they got healed completely, Guard, the ticking HoT's.

It's horrible.

Scale down effective healing in PvP for roughly -30% - I don't know even if that would be enough.

Right now PvP is all about the amount of healers you got and that's just dumb.

AGREE - Fix this already

I'm waiting for the moment two teams of 8 healers go up against each other. That'll be fun

Sort of like this one time back in WoW, when a Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman had a duel in Goldshire. The fight lasted two hours, and ended as a stalemate because the Shaman had to go. As far as I learned, they never continued it...

Honestly a lot of time in WZ I wanted to tell the opposing healer that since I won't let him free cast and I won't actually be able to kill him, how about we both just AFK for the fight and call it even so we won't have to spend time running around in a circle pointlessly trying to outmanuever each other, knowing that I can never kill him and he can never actually shake me or get any of his big heals off.

The difference between average healers and good healers got a lot smaller in 2.0 though, which kinda does make it a bit healer heavy lately

This ^^^^

Which makes me laugh because so many healers who post and defend this **** were studs before 2.0 and now...theyre just like every other scrub. Way to make your class trivial, I can find a guy who has played for 2 weeks and can do the same thing. Healing is so easy you can make your gf do it even if she hasnt played any games....ever. But lets not fix this at all, lets let this game completely get borked...whatever.

if a "good healer" can survive against 2 damage dealers without assistance then said damage dealers are terrible.

It say man who abandon sentinel and play just sorc now:D All of them shout "Don't nerf us! Give more dmg/healing to us!"