RotHC // 2.0 : Healing - It's ridiculous.

LovarBoy

Can't really comment on sorcs energy management, it was always better than Op's as far as i have been told. Again, i cannot comment on how much that has changed since 2.0

I have a 55 of both and from my experience, op energy management is much better - I don't find myself out of the ideal energy regen zone on my scoundrel, but am rarely above 25% force on my sage - it's a constant battle with force in my experience. It's tough to use Noble Sacrifice because you either can't spare the GCDs or you're getting focused so you don't really want to drain your own HP.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 55 of both and from my experience, op energy management is much better - I don't find myself out of the ideal energy regen zone on my scoundrel, but am rarely above 25% force on my sage - it's a constant battle with force in my experience. It's tough to use Noble Sacrifice because you either can't spare the GCDs or you're getting focused so you don't really want to drain your own HP.

Yeh, whenever our sorc needs to use it, he would give me a heads up and i would make sure that HP he loses gets filled asap.

Thanks for the reply.

Agree

those small HOTS do not keep you or your team up through intense dps focus. I still find myself lacking energy (now and then) on the long drawn out ranked matches. This usually happens when i need to use my big heal as i have high crit, getting 3 x 7-8k heals(followed by a 3-4k SP) off in a row is the only thing that saves your target from dying.

Totally agree, Alba. There are always times we have to pop off some burst heals to keep people up, when emergency medpacs and SRM's won't cut it, and then our energy's depleted. I was just saying that I've personally noticed that we seem to have better/easier energy management now, post-2.0, than compared to before it. (not saying it's oh pee, just an observation)

Edited by jboehm

30-54 is unplayable. Healers are incredibly strong to begin with, stack them with a tank and they are impossible to kill. two healers and two tanks=game over. I have no idea what 55 pvp matches look like but 30-54 is just a joke. I personally am not wasting my money on subbing if I can't even have fun pvping.

BioWare, tone down healing.

Every warzone is filled up with healers because nowadays it's the amount of healers, that matters in winning or loosing a warzone.

2 healer per team are horrible, because you can't even deal enough damage to kill them ( especially if one of them is guarded ). 3 healer - don't think about killing ANYONE of the opponents team.

Who the hell has been in the position for the 2.0 PvP balance? It's just horrible.

The amount of mass-healing ( especially group heals & HoT's ) is so overwhelming, that it's horrible. You just need one healer to defend a position against 2 DD's - run around and heal like an idiot and he will survive "eternally" until there will be enough friends to help or enemies to kill him. That can't be the sense of PvP.

A good healer right now can outheal 2 DD's - I can. And I think it's ridiculous. As soon as there are 2 / 3 healers in a team, you can't kill anybody. What's the sense of 1 healer = 2 DD's? It's laughable.

And please, don't argument with focus the healers - yeah, sure, focus 1 / 2 healer, no problem. There are dozens of ways they can protect themselves. Annoying Sorcs / Sages throwing shields like their crazy, Barrier that makes them invulnerable until they got healed completely, Guard, the ticking HoT's.

It's horrible.

Scale down effective healing in PvP for roughly -30% - I don't know even if that would be enough.

Right now PvP is all about the amount of healers you got and that's just dumb.

I'm actually inclined to agree, even though I play three healers. It's starting to seem that (with both maxed out) sorc/sage is more tank-like than a shadow/assassin.

I'm actually inclined to agree, even though I play three healers. It's starting to seem that (with both maxed out) sorc/sage is more tank-like than a shadow/assassin.

the problem is not the healer in this observation but the horrible tankability of shades/sins.

First, tone down the damage (TTK is rather ridiculous now - and I primarily play an almost-minmaxed Carnage - gets hilarious, at times), and then we can talk about the healing. Edited by Helig

First, tone down the damage (TTK is rather ridiculous now - and I primarily play an almost-minmaxed Carnage - gets hilarious, at times), and then we can talk about the healing.

Its likely to be all symptomatic, sans healers TTK is stupidly fast, with healers its eternal. Lower ttk even a fraction and healers become even more overpowered.

The only thing that we can be sure of in 2.0 is the PvP team dont have a clue about math and logic and that bioware has terrible quality assurance.

I find that on my carnage mara (veng jugs also do well at this) i can lock down a healer pretty good. The problem is alot of guys play smash over these specs and are happy to just jump into the grp of people being healed, smashing them and getting 2000dps then complain about healing being op..

Its likely to be all symptomatic, sans healers TTK is stupidly fast, with healers its eternal. Lower ttk even a fraction and healers become even more overpowered.

The only thing that we can be sure of in 2.0 is the PvP team dont have a clue about math and logic and that bioware has terrible quality assurance.

Healers are not eternal. They're still as vulnerable to stuns and interrupts as before. 1 good DPS still locks a good healer to healing themselves only, which effectively eliminates, or largely negates their support capacity. In an isolated situation, the DPS has all the chances to kill the healer, albeit very slowly. If a peeler/tank is factored in, it's a 2v1 situation, not 1v1, and, frankly, 1 player should be countered by 2.

That said, I do believe that both, damage and healing throughput needs reduction.

Edited by Helig

Healing is a total joke.

The team with a healer will always win vs the team without one. Not one time have I lost when my team had a healer vs a team without heals. I seen these guys tank against 5 people, 5 people that are good players.

They are doing 1 million or more heals while everyone else doing dps on either team is doing 350,000 damage or so, it's apparent to anyone (who isn't playing a healer) that it is just way to much.

Before 2.0 having a healer gave your team an edge now it is an auto win.

Healing is a total joke.

The team with a healer will always win vs the team without one. Not one time have I lost when my team had a healer vs a team without heals. I seen these guys tank against 5 people, 5 people that are good players.

They are doing 1 million or more heals while everyone else doing dps on either team is doing 350,000 damage or so, it's apparent to anyone (who isn't playing a healer) that it is just way to much.

The real problem is healing is too easy, a BAD healer will still heal for 500k with all the instant heals and aoe heals and bad DPS will do nowhere near that. Not to mention a really good healer can completely dominate a warzone by himself, healing for 1.5 mill+, not dying once, etc. As the bads, which lets be honest is the majority, realize this they will all flock to healing because bads all have one thing in common they flock to the OVERPOWERED CLASS.

The real problem is healing is too easy, a BAD healer will still heal for 500k with all the instant heals and aoe heals and bad DPS will do nowhere near that. Not to mention a really good healer can completely dominate a warzone by himself, healing for 1.5 mill+, not dying once, etc. As the bads, which lets be honest is the majority, realize this they will all flock to healing because bads all have one thing in common they flock to the OVERPOWERED CLASS.

Healing is easy when you aren't being targetted. I'd love to see a bad healer pull 500k with Marauders regularly charging yo azz and Operatives creeping up to take you (down) from behind.

Edited by Helig

Healing is easy when you aren't being targetted. I'd love to see a bad healer pull 500k with Marauders regularly charging yo azz and Operatives creeping up to take you (down) from behind.

Any operative specced as DPS and not taking advantage of their OP'ed healing is all ready bad so dont have to worry about them. That said Im telling you I can put someone who barely knows this game as a healer and they will heal FAAAAAR more than they would damage as a DPS. Healing is easy now, even bads can get the respect they crave and the MVP votes they covet. Roll a healer folks, you'll be 'awesome' in no time.

Any operative specced as DPS and not taking advantage of their OP'ed healing is all ready bad so dont have to worry about them. That said Im telling you I can put someone who barely knows this game as a healer and they will heal FAAAAAR more than they would damage as a DPS. Healing is easy now, even bads can get the respect they crave and the MVP votes they covet. Roll a healer folks, you'll be 'awesome' in no time.

oh the myth of the difficult live of a dd...

every dd with 2 braincells gets 500k dmg in a wz if his team contains 1-2 healers and thus is not stomped into the ground within milisec by the opponents team - but in that situation the enemy healers will aswell not reach the 500k heals mark.

but i do agree play a healer and realize that you are not as skilled as a dps as most do think. ;)

oh the myth of the difficult live of a dd...

every dd with 2 braincells gets 500k dmg in a wz if his team contains 1-2 healers and thus is not stomped into the ground within milisec by the opponents team - but in that situation the enemy healers will aswell not reach the 500k heals mark.

but i do agree play a healer and realize that you are not as skilled as a dps as most do think. ;)

Give it a week or 2 and get back to me when you see EVERY warzone packed with 3+healers. Theres a reason pre 2.0 the avg warzone had a bumch of smash/sweep monkeys, bad players flock to the easy/op'ed classes, this will be no different,. I wont even say i told you so, I wont even be playing anymore. (not entirely for that reason but with all the bolster bugs, I refuse to pay to be a tester to fix this ****) and dont plan to pay while it takes them an eternity to fix it.

Give it a week or 2 and get back to me when you see EVERY warzone packed with 3+healers. Theres a reason pre 2.0 the avg warzone had a bumch of smash/sweep monkeys, bad players flock to the easy/op'ed classes, this will be no different,. I wont even say i told you so, I wont even be playing anymore. (not entirely for that reason but with all the bolster bugs, I refuse to pay to be a tester to fix this ****) and dont plan to pay while it takes them an eternity to fix it.

Dont need a week - it's already almost there.

wow....

time to L2p and put interupts in your game then.

Healing is fine ..remember that there are people out there criting for 11K and smashing AOE for 10K

L2p

How exactly do you interrupt instant heals? You also realise that healer have several heals they can cast and interrupts have cool downs right?

Also with 30k hp being effortless to get those 10 and 11k hits are akin to 6k hits in the old system at 50.

How exactly do you interrupt instant heals? You also realise that healer have several heals they can cast and interrupts have cool downs right?

Also with 30k hp being effortless to get those 10 and 11k hits are akin to 6k hits in the old system at 50.

No doubt, but no reason to even argue with some people. The proof is in the numbers. Pre 2.0 it was actually somewhat regular youd in REGS to have NO healers on your team. Now its almost completely rare I have less than 2 healers on my team, but i guess that is completely coincidental......

Healing is a total joke.

Not true, I've seen in many accounts, where a group of pure DPS utterly flattens the other team, even if they have a healer.