Electro Net (hindered) functionality

xChimaera

I have been been doing the standard PvP dailies and encountered some questions regarding the Electro Net ability. The target is to be hindered and prevented from using escapes, high mobility moves and vanishes. Force speed, Vanish, Thermal Overrides and it's ilk are forbidden and rightly so.

Why is Force Camo and Obliterate allowed?

I have been been doing the standard PvP dailies and encountered some questions regarding the Electro Net ability. The target is to be hindered and prevented from using escapes, high mobility moves and vanishes. Force speed, Vanish, Thermal Overrides and it's ilk are forbidden and rightly so.

Why is Force Camo and Obliterate allowed?

force camo is not allowed, i can confirm mutiple accounts where ive died to electro net, obliterate on the other hand got a new talent where it can be used while rooted, however i have tested it first hand, if it works thru electro net or not

I don't play my marauder much, but isn't there a trait where force camo can REMOVE hostile effects? Using that logic, it might remove electro net, I do not know if that was intended or not, and I haven't tested it [my marauder is only level 47 or so, and I haven't spent much time playing him since 2.0, and IDK what tree that is down anymore]

However, that is my thought on why, not entirely sure if that is the actual case

I don't play my marauder much, but isn't there a trait where force camo can REMOVE hostile effects? Using that logic, it might remove electro net, I do not know if that was intended or not, and I haven't tested it [my marauder is only level 47 or so, and I haven't spent much time playing him since 2.0, and IDK what tree that is down anymore]

However, that is my thought on why, not entirely sure if that is the actual case

logically speaking, the use of the move removes the effects. Now since you can't move it, you can't remove it!

I believe Electronet can be clensed. I'm sure I've done it before because I was taking the dot damage from electronet but I could still roll.

I faced a Marauder last night that used Force Camo on two separate occasions in 1v1 situations on a side node on Norvare Coast. Maybe Force Camo works if it is talented a specific way but he used it. Both time he was netted for about 2 seconds before he used it, and was still netted when he came out.

And for the obliterate being a root break, healing sorcs and hydrolic overrides are root breaks too but those are not allowed. I would consider a leap a high movement ability.

Edited by xChimaera
add info

I also tried to remove a net with resilience (shadow) and while I wouldn't take dmg by moving, the net was still on and slowing me.

Then later on, I noticed this (perhaps new) tidbit on the resilience tooltip (bolded below and underlined for emphasis) :

"Removes all hostile removable effects and increases your chance to resist Force and tech attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth."

This is just to say that when talking about this or that ability we really really need to re-read our abilities more thouroughly...

Edited by Shoogli

force camo is not allowed, i can confirm mutiple accounts where ive died to electro net, obliterate on the other hand got a new talent where it can be used while rooted, however i have tested it first hand, if it works thru electro net or not

lol that's just silly. I hadn't noticed cuz I haven't really played the jugg yet. but really? like the one thing the net is supposed to prevent is allowed? sheesh.

electro net is super effective and quite annoying to the other guy. I just think it's funny that something so fundamental to the net's intended purpose (an escape) doesn't do what it's supposed to against one of the specs it really needs to (smashers).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.