Violent scenes in Makeb are blacked out

Projawa

I just finished the Imperial Makeb storyline and it seems that EVERY cutscene/dialogue fades to black when some act of violence occurs. For example, if you choose the dark side option to kill an NPC, the camera fades to black so you hear but do not see your toon cutting them down with your lightsaber. This definitely was not the case with the cutscenes from 1-50.

Are there some new militant ESRB rules BW has to adhere to? If so, why don't they apply to SGR? If not, why the newfound squeamishness BW?

I actually haven't noticed this, seems like everything I did where I killed an NPC, I saw it. I heard there were some options where you killed whole families, so if there were kids involved that might have been an issue.

SGR doesn't impact ESRB in any way, incidentally.

I actually haven't noticed this, seems like everything I did where I killed an NPC, I saw it. I heard there were some options where you killed whole families, so if there were kids involved that might have been an issue.

SGR doesn't impact ESRB in any way, incidentally.

This. The only set of my sorcerer's victims that I recall had a fade to black were children

after she killed Lurker.

Edited by DarthThuzad

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to kill children, hence why in games like Skyrim and WoW, child NPCs are immune to everything.

No laws against it or anything - just considered poor taste. And developers (publishers really) are very careful when it comes to these things. A few developers have rebelled against this thought of mind (in general - not specifically children) which has resulted in games like Witcher 1/2 (Which are very graphic and completely ignore censorship considerations where it is nothing more than that.

no children die in any of the dark side choices i have taken. there were some teens in that one, but the guy teen had a beard, and the girl had an adult model.

i've had three kill scenes black out on me. it's like... da***? really weird.

no children die in any of the dark side choices i have taken. there were some teens in that one, but the guy teen had a beard, and the girl had an adult model.

Exactly, I didn't see any children, even before the black screen came on.

Yep. It doesn't seem to be related to inappropriateness for young players since the violence wasn't censored from 1-50 and there is plenty of violence in the movies/cartoons/EU material which are at least partially aimed at kids. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a glutton for violence. I was just wondering about the inconsistency or maybe Disney is flexing its kid friendly muscles which I doubt.