The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are genuine consequences finally being implemented in the game?

Machine-Elf

I don't know, maybe it's just me...but it seemed as if Makeb were laying the groundwork for players' choices to have real, genuine gameplay consequences in the future.

Is it technically feasible for a future planet to be instanced in such a way so as to reflect the individual choices players made beforehand?

For instance, those who chose to blow up Makeb would be grouped up together in an environment where the NPCs acknowledge their deed, and the story would offer slight, albeit significant, deviations would they have chosen to save it instead.

Could branching storylines finally be upon us?

Edited by Machine-Elf

there's no choice to blow up Makeb. there's simply a choice to collapse a few mesas. the planet itself is still there.

You know what I mean...

Alderaan aside, no planet actually ever blows up in the Star Wars universe. Even Taris is still intact.

Keep in mind that Makeb (and the next several Makeb-style chapters) was written and fully voiced (as far as the class and companion actors) long before vanilla SWTOR was released, probably even several years before (I think most of the voice acting was done in 2009).

Keep in mind that Makeb (and the next several Makeb-style chapters) was written and fully voiced (as far as the class and companion actors) long before vanilla SWTOR was released, probably even several years before (I think most of the voice acting was done in 2009).

That makes sense. All the content in this game is developed long before it's eventual release.

I'm not sure I understood your point, though.

This is why I wish I played the Beta. I use ESC on all my class convos so I can hear each and every piece of dialogue (I've even reset some shorter class missions to try the different outcomes).

Yet not even Dulfy has a video of the companion kills. I'd settle for someone describing it at this point, if you decide to kill Scourge did you cut him with a Lightsaber or hand him over to the Senate for trial and execution (he was the Emperor's Wrath for 300 years, as far as I'm concerned he's earned it)?

Heck, I know the devs have all the old files stored somewhere. Eric (or do you prefer Mr. Musco?) can you ask around and see if they'll let you post the vids?

This is why I wish I played the Beta. I use ESC on all my class convos so I can hear each and every piece of dialogue (I've even reset some shorter class missions to try the different outcomes).

Yet not even Dulfy has a video of the companion kills. I'd settle for someone describing it at this point, if you decide to kill Scourge did you cut him with a Lightsaber or hand him over to the Senate for trial and execution (he was the Emperor's Wrath for 300 years, as far as I'm concerned he's earned it)?

Heck, I know the devs have all the old files stored somewhere. Eric (or do you prefer Mr. Musco?) can you ask around and see if they'll let you post the vids?

Might want to check out the Beta video I just posted on general.

This was in the closed beta by the way. By the time the open beta hit, it was already out