Remove HIGH LVLs and premades from low-lvl pugs WARZOMES

Greensiberia

I agree, expertise/gear etc would give an unfair advantage, but all of the lvl 50's I've seen have had **** gear. First lv50 I was was a sniper with no bracer, implants or relics, second had worse gear than me 20 levels below.. But I never mentioned gear in my post only about lvls 50 for that reason, I was responding arrogantly to an arrogant response xD

Besides, anything is possible with 2 scoops of raisens.

Man, i just **** anyone who isn't around my lvl, it's how it works.

You haven't seen 50's with gear, i had seen a few with epics already. That's within a week of early release. In a month, most low lvls will be just dead weights to your team.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a bit more when all it takes is 3 level 50's in best PvP gear to wipe an entire raid in instanced PvP.

New players and PvE geared players will get owned so hard lol

That was exactly my point, people aren't there yet so shouldn't just give up with out trying, especially if you work as a team.

When you play with bad players, you stay bad. The only way to improve is to play with/against better players. Learn from your losses, observe what your enemies do, and get better.

1. Get a demanding job

2. Get home from work, do the chores

3. Have not much time left

4. At that point you will now wonder why you should be forced to organize anything and lose even more of your leisure time to have some fun in a game - you can do that in work and get paid

Oh, and that only bad players are in pugs is a myth. Maybe you should stop to hide in premades :)

1. Get a demanding job

2. Get home from work, do the chores

3. Have not much time left

4. At that point you will now wonder why you should be forced to organize anything and lose even more of your leisure time to have some fun in a game - you can do that in work and get paid

Oh, and that only bad players are in pugs is a myth. Maybe you should stop to hide in premades :)

Not sure your real life commitments nullify the validity of your quote.

I have a demanding job, many choirs, not much time and since Aion, I stopped organising large scale pvp due to this.. But that doesn't change the fact that the only way to get better is to play a better opponent.

If you have little time to play this should be even more the case to get more out of your time. Finding a guild and grouping with 3 others shouldn't be hard in a game with so many playing, surely?

No. With the Bolster buff you can still win in warzones. OW PVP I agree, but WZ's just, no. Use tactics/environments/consumables. Not saying it's easy but because you can't do it doesn't mean I can't.

Try not to fail and give up immediately in future. L2P.

Sir you fail at being a troll.

In WZ's a level 50 1v1 against a level 20 will beat the level 20. Because of what someone has already psoted above its the stats and resistances not the HP that count.

I was in a WZ and a level 30 and 50 was defending one turret from a full group of level 15-20 players on their own while the rest of their team was defending the other turret. This scenario is not balanced and neither are the WarZones.

It's not even about the resistances or anything like that. It's about the skills and the masteries. Imagine two Jedi Sages. One is level 10 and the other one is 35. Both are speced in heal. The first one has 1 heal on 1,5s cast, the other one has 5 heals, out of which two are instant and an absorb bubble. How's the HP or a boost to the only heal you have gonna help you in any way? You still get steamrolled anyhow.

Masteries are all, they really define and create your character, which is awesome, but make BGs unplayable if teamed with low lvls. I once played with a totally random lvl 10-15 pug aganst a team armed to their teeth with four premade lvl 50s. Imagine that game.

There need to be brackets, definitely. 10-20, 21-40, 41-50. The difference between level 2x and 3x is not that great. You get new PvP gear at level 40, so you should switch to the higher tear. Same goes for level 20. Simple.

Regards,

Kalantris

you can try to justify the current system all you want, fact is, its unfair, unbalanced and theres no reason for it. being bolsterded is a joke.

Dont blame SWTOR, blame yourself for having bought an mmo. You can raise that ''ITS NOT FAIR'' excuse for every feature in this game!

It's not even about the resistances or anything like that. It's about the skills and the masteries. Imagine two Jedi Sages. One is level 10 and the other one is 35. Both are speced in heal. The first one has 1 heal on 1,5s cast, the other one has 5 heals, out of which two are instant and an absorb bubble. How's the HP or a boost to the only heal you have gonna help you in any way? You still get steamrolled anyhow.

Masteries are all, they really define and create your character, which is awesome, but make BGs unplayable if teamed with low lvls. I once played with a totally random lvl 10-15 pug aganst a team armed to their teeth with four premade lvl 50s. Imagine that game.

There need to be brackets, definitely. 10-20, 21-40, 41-50. The difference between level 2x and 3x is not that great. You get new PvP gear at level 40, so you should switch to the higher tear. Same goes for level 20. Simple.

Regards,

Kalantris

Im all for brackets, but only if they remove the stat padding first.

This isnt Call of Duty (oh wait even COD got unfair unlocks LOL), you cant just streamline the game like this. It would defeat the whole purpose of them having built all this content and gear!

Just think for a second what youre suggesting.

Sir you fail at being a troll.

In WZ's a level 50 1v1 against a level 20 will beat the level 20. Because of what someone has already psoted above its the stats and resistances not the HP that count.

I was in a WZ and a level 30 and 50 was defending one turret from a full group of level 15-20 players on their own while the rest of their team was defending the other turret. This scenario is not balanced and neither are the WarZones.

successfultrollissuccessful.jpg

My point: Why not atleast try instead of moaning? If you're good you can win some times, doesn't have to be exclusively from DPS now does it?? (force push into fire/acid/cc/taunt can be used at lower levels too and kill/help to kill lvl 50 or assist a friendly in killing).

At the end of the day, the lvl 50's have put more time and effort in to getting that lvl so I don't care if I get rolled by one, they put more time/effort in = more rewards. I been playing WZ's since lvl 10, I just don't see this as a problem.

If you add brackets, people will moan about the queue times, if they don't ppl will moan about the lvl 50's. I think BioWare have done a good job and we've got the lesser of 2 evils.

Yeah because you know warzones are all about those 1 v 1 fights.

Yeah and this one time... at bandcamp, this chick with a tramp stamp, went ahead and ganked an entire marching band wearing nothing but high heels and a jason mask.

They've said at a later date they will add Level 50 only Warzones.

Lump it for now unfortunately. View PvP as it is meant right now: a bit of fun on the side of your main quest.

Later you can get to the competitive level 50 vs level 50 PvP action - for now I don't see why it matters that much at all.

I have PvP'ed since level 12 constantly while questing. I am now level 27 with rank 22 valor. I have faced every level of character. Yes, some are much harder. But, if you die to a much higher character, don't get bent out of shape. Just stick with others. Warzones are about teamwork, after all.

Regardless of whether you win or lose, you get xp, credits, accomedations, etc. I just wish you got dark side/light side points whenever you won, something like 10.

You will absolutely get better playing other players that are better than you. It forces you to do one of two things:

1.) Learn your class and focus on your rotations/skills more.

2.) Come on a forum and complain because you don't like playing hardmode.

Bolstered or not, people who say a 10 fighting a 50 is fair must be the level 50! It doesn't have anything to do with 'L2P', it has to do with abilities/gear/stats/balance. There's no way a bolstered 10 has a chance in hell against a 50. Get real.

Gotta have brackets. Some might say 'but the queues'!! (qq!). C'mon, really? The game has something like 40 servers, most are heavy/full. Besides I'd rather wait 5 minutes for a fair, balanced match then insta que to get face rolled.

Edited by tharbison

Bolstered or not, people who say a 10 fighting a 50 is fair must be the level 50! It doesn't have anything to do with 'L2P', it has to do with abilities/gear/stats/balance. There's no way a bolstered 10 has a chance in hell against a 50. Get real.

But sir, you must agree with the thought of bolstering. You used the most extreme example as a way to bolster your position on this topic, after all.

Gotta have brackets. Some might say 'but the queues'!! (qq!). C'mon, really? The game has something like 40 servers, most are heavy/full. Besides I'd rather wait 5 minutes for a fair, balanced match then insta que to get face rolled.

Yeah because those team based warzones are all about those 1 v 1 fights between the two extreme points on the scale face off in a duel of fates.....

I wish people would stop crying nerf based on 1 v 1 fights.

Yeah because those team based warzones are all about those 1 v 1 fights between the two extreme points on the scale face off in a duel of fates.....

I wish people would stop crying nerf based on 1 v 1 fights.

You're right, it's not 1 v 1. It's usually 3-4 focusing on 1. And when that 1 is a level 50, he wins. That's balance?

Yes! Bolstering in discussion to make an argument is fine. In PvP application, well, it doesn't work.

:D I am glad you took it light heartidly. Even if our opinions differ its nice to dissipate the tension. <3

EDIT: BTW, to be perfectly honest, if 3 bolstered lowbies get on a lvl 50, if that lvl 50 does not die then the 3 bolstered lowbies are absolutely awful. Maybe rightfully so if they're new. Still, 3 bolstered lower characters should easily do one of two things, 1.) kill the lvl 50 after the lvl 50 kills one, 2.) chase the lvl 50 off because the lvl 50 should not be stupid enough to engage multiple targets solo.

Edited by undies

You're right, it's not 1 v 1. It's usually 3-4 focusing on 1. And when that 1 is a level 50, he wins. That's balance?

If there are 3 - 4 focusing on 1 and the one wins the 3 - 4 need to learn how to play their characters. I've been doing warzones mixed in with my questing since I hit level 10 and I've been facing the same high level players everyone else has and I've been winning in some cases, losing in others.

Not to be insulting, but the average player I've ran into is fairly bad due to not having learned how to use their abilities, what rotation works best, when to CC and when not to CC and quite a bit more.

If 4 x level 10 players are taking on 1 level 50, that level 50 has more experience in the game than those 4 x lvl 10 players have combined. So, yes that is in fact balance. He beats you because he is more experienced, plays his class better, has more of his talents and more of his baseline abilities.

:D I am glad you took it light heartidly. Even if our opinions differ its nice to dissipate the tension. <3

EDIT: BTW, to be perfectly honest, if 3 bolstered lowbies get on a lvl 50, if that lvl 50 does not die then the 3 bolstered lowbies are absolutely awful. Maybe rightfully so if they're new. Still, 3 bolstered lower characters should easily do one of two things, 1.) kill the lvl 50 after the lvl 50 kills one, 2.) chase the lvl 50 off because the lvl 50 should not be stupid enough to engage multiple targets solo.

Maybe! I could see the 50 cc'g one or two of the lowbies, then pick them off one atta time...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.