Barely any powertechs...

DarthWoad

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my main imp is a decepticon (also have a pyro and rage jugg). folks...deception is considerably easier than pyro. I literally just ran around using stuns, maul, auto attack, and shock and discharge whenever available. top dmg. easily. only tested the "strategy" in a couple of WZs. if it's an extended fight out of stealth, I might mix in some voltaics. but there's really no need since your force can absorb the mauls that it takes to wreck someone.

I just mention this because while pyro is rightfully mocked for being simple and using relatively few abils, the easiest class in the game atm is deception. you just mash the same 4-5 buttons and top the charts. imagine what someone even remotely competent could do with all of those stuns and dcds/utility and properly managing stacks...

as for the pyros who say what about smash? I think smash is harder to play than pyro is/was. but in the current state of the game, it's deception that's faceroll.

:2cents:

Truthfully there is no reason to bring a powertech to a warzone anymore. It's not that powertechs can't still do decent damage. It's that almost any other DPS does it better. Powertech was always the easiest class to focus and kill. All they had was burst, and that was taken away. Snipers, assassins and warriors have better burst, better utility and better survivability. DPS Sorcs and Commandos can put up better numbers, all from 30+ meters away. Juggs and Sins make better tanks.

My understanding is the nerfs were even harder on the PVE side of things. It's a broken class at this point.

The funniest part is they didn't nerf Powertech because they thought it was too strong in 1.7. There was a hybrid pyro/ap spec that was overpowered on the PTS, and the devs were too incompetent to fix that hybrid without destroying the entire class. GG Bioware.

Edited by Akuryu

Cause is not FOTM anymore. And the "fingerless" are complaining about nerf of Pyros, cause they can't spam anymore Flameburst and Railshot and do "OMG AMAZING DPS". These noobs should try AP that works even better now :cool:

it's funny that comment like this is comming from a person who plays SENTINEL.... pathetic and sad !

The funniest part is they didn't nerf Powertech because they thought it was too strong in 1.7. There was a hybrid pyro/ap spec that was overpowered on the PTS, and the devs were too incompetent to fix that hybrid without destroying the entire class. GG Bioware.

No, they nerfed it because they felt PT Pyro was too strong. Additionally they nerfed Merc Pyro because they felt it was too strong. You can try wrapping your head around that one, but for the sake of your sanity, best not try for too long.

No wonder, they suck. I havent come across the burst that used to burn off my bubble and a good deal of my HP since 2.0. I came across one in open world just now and while I have no idea what gear he had on he didnt take a single HP point on me or my companion (he had a heal pet, which I killed in like 2 secs).

No, they nerfed it because they felt PT Pyro was too strong. Additionally they nerfed Merc Pyro because they felt it was too strong. You can try wrapping your head around that one, but for the sake of your sanity, best not try for too long.

Nah, in the first several builds on the PTS Powertechs were still strong. Hell, they might have even been buffed a tiny bit. They were nerfed only after that hybrid was discovered.

In PvP Vanguard is about as useful as fart in the bag now. All three trees. And not much better in PvE either. Might as well delete if you have one. Or mothball. Dont think I have ever seen a class more thoroughly killed before in any game.

I find it very difficult to discern exactly what BW considers overpowered. they gently nerfed pyro over the course of 3 patches. they wrecked concealment, lightning and tracer spam almost immediately. they more or less did nothing to maras, but they nerfed stuff ppl weren't complaining about (annihilation) and buffed what they also weren't complaining about (rage).

the biggest "OMG! What were they thinking?" moment in the past 16 months, though? patch 1.4 *increased* the most criticized element of the game's pvp: stuns. wow. just...wow. I can safely say that I cannot claim to understand BW's rationale.

Edited by foxmob

I'm the last Vanguard of Tomb of freedon nadd server who still playing ... BW give me some cookies .. or give me CCs to lvl up my gunslinger faster :D

Tried it again today, can't do anything, there is no point in playing it at all. So now bioware has made trooper/BH class finally worst one in game :D Tanks are worst, healers are worst and now dps is bad as well :Dgood job! :D

Well, I understand how Powertechs are feeling right now... they are the "new mercenaries". They got ******* so bad in their biggest atribute. And hitting them BW ended up ******* Mercs too, because the Powertech`s skill spec that got nerfed is shared with Mercs, and that was the only one that was barely Ok to Warzones.

I can tell that the Arsenal tree may be good right now for Mercs and some Powertechs are saying that Advanced Prototype or even the Tank spec are the way to this time.

My conclusion is that Bioware is sending a very clear message to all Bounty Hunters: STOP PLAYING WITH FIRE!

I've been playing mine recently. It will be the next one to hit 55. Heh, I know we got hit with nerf bat, but honestly my powertech has been doing just fine. I'm still doing great in warzones, and absolutely destroying makeb. I'm still running pyro. My damage potential is high enough to accomplish all things I was before.

I've been playing mine recently. It will be the next one to hit 55. Heh, I know we got hit with nerf bat, but honestly my powertech has been doing just fine. I'm still doing great in warzones, and absolutely destroying makeb. I'm still running pyro. My damage potential is high enough to accomplish all things I was before.

Lets put the damage potential this way, my sorc deals roughly 20-25% more damage than my PT right now, and has way much higher survivability. You could still put good damage in WZs and reasonable damage in PvP, however, almost all other classes can out dps PT if played to full potential. PT is the worst dps class in terms of survivability.

Lets put the damage potential this way, my sorc deals roughly 20-25% more damage than my PT right now, and has way much higher survivability. You could still put good damage in WZs and reasonable damage in PvP, however, almost all other classes can out dps PT if played to full potential. PT is the worst dps class in terms of survivability.

Hey I won't argue if they roll back CGC... also, why is the thermal detonator DOT after the explosion? It should occur before... LooooL. I here what yer saying. I think the devs miscalculated pt dps potential when they threw shoulder cannon into the mix. When it's fully loaded with explosive fuel, it adds nice damage to the rotation. The bad news is the damn kooldown. For any application this simply will not do. I'm disappointed about that. Thee only good thing about shoulder cannon is stopping sappers from capping... otherwise shoulder cannon is actually hurting powertechs rather than helping.

In a perfect scenario, I'd like to have shoulder cannon accessible only to the "advanced prototype" tree. Pyro, can instead have generic dps sewn back into their abilities.( CGC rollback. Dot before thermal explosion. ). PT Pyro has always had poor survivability and that's not the issue here. A Pyro's survival depended on the strength of his/her dps.

What are the chances a dev reads my post here and says "yes!"

If your goal is to get DPS by shooting at guys who will get healed up to 100% then Powertech isn't great.

PT is still very strong as a healer pursuer especially with Hydraluic Overrides being aviailable to everyone now. Yes any ranged class can easily put up better numbers while cowering in safety and shoot at the random melee that shows up, but if you don't kill the healer hiding back there you're not going to win no matter how much DPS you have.