Operative/Scoundrel roll spam

Kail_Shefned

You guys act like there are only operatives on the opposing team. Scamper/Exfiltrate exist on BOTH factions. Group with an operative/scoudrel who can roll and shut up. You're making a big deal about seeing roll spam while chances are you have somebody roll spamming on your own team. All the lightsaber wielding noobs need to stop crying.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably need a very good DPSer to bring down a sawbones/medicine guy currently. Pyro is nerfed. Ranged DPS is complete utter crap against Operative healers. Not so many options left.

The only class and spec capable of bringing down a good op/scro healer right now is a good carnage mara/combat sent. If the healer is guarded by a tank, then we need 2 good carnage/combat to bring the healer down. But Carnage/Combat is a high skill spec and not everyone can play it to full potential.

Operatives/Scroundrels 's so-called "disadvanatge" of energy cost for rolling can easily be negated by Adrenline Probe and Stim Boost. Snare can be cleansed before chain rolling. So yes, operatives can chain roll right at the start of the WZ, or whenever the situation calls for it to escape without a penalty, whenever energy regen cooldowns are up. Or they can chain roll, pop Stim Boost and Adrenline Probe, and chain roll again.

This ability needs a short cooldown.

• 8 months later...
This "easy roll " Operatives/Scoundrels have is Ridicules and should be considered cheating esp in a Wz where they can roll and get way ahead of other characters giving them an unfair advantage above and beyond other characters. faster node capping ,best and first hutball grab, simply put.....Unfair Advantage. Take this away from wz's completely SWTOR

This "easy roll " Operatives/Scoundrels have is Ridicules and should be considered cheating esp in a Wz where they can roll and get way ahead of other characters giving them an unfair advantage above and beyond other characters. faster node capping ,best and first hutball grab, simply put.....Unfair Advantage. Take this away from wz's completely SWTOR

In huttball sorc can pull friendly with ball, merc / jugger / mara can jump on enemy on line when he is down, siths can also use theirs speed buff with the ball. Every class has something. Sniper has different roll. Scoundrel / Operative class has low survivability in dps spec already, if you take them this "unfair advantage" you can delete whole class as it is.

Bioware should take all stuns, traps, slows, stealth, rolls, pulls, pushes, speed skills from warzone. Well we might just go play poker online.

I find it funny people complain about Scouperative roll. If the Op is slowed he rolls for a whooping 6 metres for 25 energy. The roll is so small you aren't even able to use your gap closer to cover that distance, that's how "far" he rolls. Don't say the Op isn't always slowed, you're bad if you are fighting high mobility enemies like kiting classes and hit 'n' run melees without slowing and/or rooting them.

Yesterday in a game of Huttball, playing Combat Sentinel (which I affectionately refer to as perma-root spec). This Op gets ahead of the final fire trap and is on the home stretch. No one manages to pull, him into the pit in time, and it's up to me and one other player who just left the spawn wall to stop him. We start hitting him when he's about 7 metres from the Goal Line. Between mine and the other player's roots, stuns and slows, we keep him stationary for a full 15 seconds, and bring him down to execute range. He rolls. But, as I said, people complaining about roll need to L2Slow. What most people don't seem to know is, that carrying the Huttball automatically slows the player down a bit. That slow reduces the range by half regardless of whether I and the other player applied our slows on him or not. The Op rolled a whooping 6 metres, nearly out of energy and at about 500 health. Needless to say he died with my next attack, we got the ball, and won that game 3-1.

That's just one case where rooting an Op and slowing him right after has resulted in roll being useless. Roll is an utterly useless escape mechanism. It's only use is as a gap closer or gap creator (note I said gap creator. They can't entirely escape, but they can reduce incoming damage by positioning well). Against any team with half a brain, Ops spend less time trollrolling, and more time rolling for their lives.

The Guardian just covers a potential 40-90m of distance just with well timed leaps, for *free*. The Op covers 48 metres by spamming and emptying his energy bar. Friendly Leap -> Force Leap -> Push -> Force Leap.

Combat spec Transcendence gives an 80% speed for 10 seconds, and with proper usage one can have more than one Transcendence in a row. A Sentinel with Transcendence covers a longer distance faster, Ops can roll to the ball easily, but after getting the bal, they roll really really slow, while Transcendence stays relatively faster. Introspection -> Transcendence -> Valorous Call -> Transcendence.

Force Speed gives 150% movement speed increase, and covers a bit more distance than a roll, but has a CD because it is free and has a much more controllable direction.

Hold the Line/Hydraulic Overrides gives CC immunity, which is a hell of a lot more valuable when you are on the catwaks, than the ability to roll 6 metres.

I just mentioned 6 Advanced Classes that can move to the ball and with the ball a *lot* faster and better than an Operative. The only class that I can imagine off that is slower than an Op with the ball is the Sniper. And even they have their own unique way score. They can wait in the endzone, immune to CC for 20 seconds, wait for a pass and *then* use the roll right into the Endzone.

Ops roll need a nerf? No thank you, L2Slow/L2Root/L2Stun/L2Mezz.

Either this or make Assassin sprint have no cooldown, go off the gcd and cost 10 force.

Assassins have a TELEPORT. Ops roll for 48 metres with an empty energy bar, and Assassins bend matter through time and space upto 60 metres, for FREE, every 45 seconds. I know you can't do that with the ball, but the roll is near useless with the ball too, so it's even.

Seriously hilarious when an Assassin of all people complains about mobility.

Edited by EzioMessi

Cuz, you know. Force Leap, Force Push, Force Leap, Guardian Leap is totally okay.

this. Keep in mind people that a while back dps scoundrels/operatives wanted a real gap closer, well I am pretty sure that scamper is that closer, now if scamper is put on cooldown then those guys will probably want added distance or a new gap closing ability, because, as many people prior to 2.0 pointed out, stealth is NOT a gap closer, and dps scoundrel cannot afford any more nerfs...

so peeps must not be seeing what i am...so lets clarify..

game starts

gate opens players running

and for some reason before all players except for 1 are at first bottom of bridge

ya know your pit

and where is the last player

in the mid near acid trap

now how is that fair?

pred has been popped

force runs are abound and yet one player the oper/scound

is way ahead no one near him/her

not even other team is near..of course they have one

and yes i know stun/slow /trap and kill

but why o why can this be done...

with all your math and all your might explain to me this Bs tonight

Okay so we nerf scamper. It's gonna go back to whoever has a cranage mara or force speed jedi and will get the ball (someone has to get the ball first why not the operative?). Awesome operatives are USELESS in huttball AGAIN.

this. Keep in mind people that a while back dps scoundrels/operatives wanted a real gap closer, well I am pretty sure that scamper is that closer, now if scamper is put on cooldown then those guys will probably want added distance or a new gap closing ability, because, as many people prior to 2.0 pointed out, stealth is NOT a gap closer, and dps scoundrel cannot afford any more nerfs...

felt this had to be repeated, as I don't think anyone wants dps scoundrels nerfed anymore, at this point we're at "ok bioware you hate scrapper we get it!".

Edited by Sangrar

so peeps must not be seeing what i am...so lets clarify..

game starts

gate opens players running

and for some reason before all players except for 1 are at first bottom of bridge

ya know your pit

and where is the last player

in the mid near acid trap

now how is that fair?

pred has been popped

force runs are abound and yet one player the oper/scound

is way ahead no one near him/her

not even other team is near..of course they have one

and yes i know stun/slow /trap and kill

but why o why can this be done...

with all your math and all your might explain to me this Bs tonight

How about this. This "cheater" Operative has got the ball. He gets stunned, rooted, slowed, mezzed and every other CC in this game. He's about to die, having moved about 10 metres from mid. He passes to a nearby Jugg.

The Jugg just Leaps to the enemy who was running down the catwalk to hit him. Then pushes the enemy off the catwalk and into the endzone. Then leaps yet again, this time right into the endzone. Runs past the goal line, and scores.

How is that fair? The Jugg had no right to score if the Operative couldn't do the same.

If that argument sounds silly, introspect on your argument. A class is not gonna be good at everything. Operatives are the best at getting to the ball first, Warriors (both ACs) and Mercs are the best at scoring, Snipers and Mercs are the best at defending the catwalk, while Assassins and Powetechs are best at pulling the enemy somewhere we he doesn't want to be. Sages are the best at bringing friends into the endzone.

Every class has its own place in Huttball. Soccer analogy: You sound like a goalkeeper whining about the fact that strikers get all the goals.

Assassins have a TELEPORT. Ops roll for 48 metres with an empty energy bar, and Assassins bend matter through time and space upto 60 metres, for FREE, every 45 seconds. I know you can't do that with the ball, but the roll is near useless with the ball too, so it's even.

Seriously hilarious when an Assassin of all people complains about mobility.

sorry ezio this is the 2nd time today you have been wrong its a known issue that assasins teleport is bugged and only works out of combat

sorry ezio this is the 2nd time today you have been wrong its a known issue that assasins teleport is bugged and only works out of combat

Are you sure about that? My guild's main tank is a Shadow, and in our Xeno II run throughs, he always uses Phase Walk to LoS the stacking debuff.

P.S. I'm never wrong. :p

P.P.S No seriously, if this is the second, what was the first?

Edited by EzioMessi

Nerf operative dps they killed me once well almost.

so we have ONE thing we are decent at and you want to take that away. Roll is literally the only thing that makes us a unique class (snipers can use in repetition). Why not take away our stealth or cover from snipers that would be about the same magnitude.

Edited by Sir_Galapagos