Assassins are not overpowered

Darthdaedric

Assassins are burst damage out of stealth, after that initial burst? They do pretty much nothing. They are not over powered. They're also wearing light armor, and they're easy to kill. They're supposed to be glass cannons. They just finally are able to actually fight against the other classes.

Snipers have range, and they have great sustained they can kill you all the way across the map. I'd say they're more of a threat than Assassins, but do they need to be nerfed? No. Just like Assassins don't. You just need to accept the fact that Assassins should be just as a valid choice to play the game as any other class. If you nerf our damage then we wont be able to do anything and we'll be even worse than before.

The classes as is, for the most part are pretty balanced. There are some classes that are a little behind but bring them up, don't nerf assassins because whiners on the forums don't like burst classes. Burst is all we have.

Assassins are burst damage out of stealth, after that initial burst? They do pretty much nothing. They are not over powered. They're also wearing light armor, and they're easy to kill. They're supposed to be glass cannons. They just finally are able to actually fight against the other classes.

Snipers have range, and they have great sustained they can kill you all the way across the map. I'd say they're more of a threat than Assassins, but do they need to be nerfed? No. Just like Assassins don't. You just need to accept the fact that Assassins should be just as a valid choice to play the game as any other class. If you nerf our damage then we wont be able to do anything and we'll be even worse than before.

The classes as is, for the most part are pretty balanced. There are some classes that are a little behind but bring them up, don't nerf assassins because whiners on the forums don't like burst classes. Burst is all we have.

2/10.

I would vote a bit higher, but some of those stuffs mentioned above...

2/10.

I would vote a bit higher, but some of those stuffs mentioned above...

Look at assassins before, nobody wanted them on a ranked team ever. We're still not great. We're viable now though, and I don't think we should be punished because people can't play their classes and still think that they will murder every assassin they come across.

We should be viable, and that's where we're at. I've been playing assassin since the beta and it's been my main through it all. This is this best the class has ever felt. You don't like it? You have trouble killing assassins? Then L2P. My gunslinger has no problem with it.

What's more, burst is ALL WE HAVE. Look at the parses on any other class and you'll see they ALL parse higher than Assassins, even operatives!

Edited by Darthdaedric

Look at assassins before, nobody wanted them on a ranked team ever. We're still not great. We're viable now though, and I don't think we should be punished because people can't play their classes and still think that they will murder every assassin they come across.

We should be viable, and that's where we're at. I've been playing assassin since the beta and it's been my main through it all. This is this best the class has ever felt. You don't like it? You have trouble killing assassins? Then L2P. My gunslinger has no problem with it.

Srsly? We are the best node defenders with instant WW, we could stall better than anyone it was the one spec that you needed in ranked just for that...boring but much needed. DPS was questionable at best and I was pretty close to getting put onto our team playing as deeps.

not true at all, in 1.7 they were the most common off node guard. and every ranked i know had one for that purpose and that did not changed at all in 2.0.

but i would really like to lose some of the burstof my shadow for comparable more sustained dps as the OP is right without the burst you are nothing but a wet noodle at the moment.

You can always go scoundrel, we get all of the damage and less effective defensive cooldowns!

DISCLAIMER: I don't think sins need a nerf. Though, perhaps i'll have a clearer understanding after I finish getting to 55 and gearing up

Edited by Belly

Uh no. I shouldn't have to reroll simply because of bunch of whiny bads blame my class for their losing.

I'm kidding, man. I don't think they should make any significant adjustments until we've had a few weeks to re-establish how class skills counter one another and such.

Srsly? We are the best node defenders with instant WW, we could stall better than anyone it was the one spec that you needed in ranked just for that...boring but much needed. DPS was questionable at best and I was pretty close to getting put onto our team playing as deeps.

Yeah that's the first time I've ever heard anyone say Assassins were not wanted on RWZ. Strange.

On a side note @cycao - I went up against you in huttball last night. I was the Sage, Apacalyptica, that popped Force Barrier during our small duel and got away :)

Well, I was having my iPad ready to read 50 shades of Grey in every ranked warzone i did. Why? Cos we shadows were chosen for our epic instant force lift spec and how we guarded nodes. Other than that, we were at the end of the bus. Sure, we got some burst now but this should have stayed with the class from the beginning.

Yeah that's the first time I've ever heard anyone say Assassins were not wanted on RWZ. Strange.

On a side note @cycao - I went up against you in huttball last night. I was the Sage, Apacalyptica, that popped Force Barrier during our small duel and got away :)

Yeah my team sucked.

What's more, burst is ALL WE HAVE. Look at the parses on any other class and you'll see they ALL parse higher than Assassins, even operatives!

as far as I agree with sins being in right spot (but I preffered it in 1.6) we were in very good place, and we were viable killing machines wanted for ranked.

I don't know if you are advocating for Sins or doing weird sarcastic/troll post suggesting, they need nerf...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.