Why Remove PVP crystals ??

uzebclub

They still count towards your Expertise stat just like the new Partisan gear does. What am I missing ?

they ruin your lowbie toon's bolster and cause bolster to treat your entire weapon/generator/focus as a pvp item (no bolster). a dev commented on this. it would not be fixable because 41 exp is the same crystal used in the top lvl gear.

Ok, I'm FINALLY starting to get a handle on the expertise crystals. This was not explained well at all. So once I have Partisan or higher weapons, then I should use expertise crystals, correct? But I'm still in War Hero/EWH, I should remove expertise crystals?

And the reason they don't make a new tier of crystals is that crystal customization is one of the most sought-after and hard-earned customizations in the game. Making all those hard-to-get color crystals suddenly inferior would cause a huge stir. I know that me and my 41 white expertise crystals that I bought for 2.5mil a pop a year ago would not appreciate it.

Ironically, the new screwy system has done just that - made the 41 expertise crystals inferior and no longer BiS. IF this isn't the case once you get Partisan weapons, then at least it's temporary.

My guild used to be a mainly PvP guild until we moved to this game and PvP was treated like a red-headed stepchild (see "Ilum").

Ok, I'm FINALLY starting to get a handle on the expertise crystals. This was not explained well at all. So once I have Partisan or higher weapons, then I should use expertise crystals, correct? But I'm still in War Hero/EWH, I should remove expertise crystals?

And the reason they don't make a new tier of crystals is that crystal customization is one of the most sought-after and hard-earned customizations in the game. Making all those hard-to-get color crystals suddenly inferior would cause a huge stir. I know that me and my 41 white expertise crystals that I bought for 2.5mil a pop a year ago would not appreciate it.

Ironically, the new screwy system has done just that - made the 41 expertise crystals inferior and no longer BiS. IF this isn't the case once you get Partisan weapons, then at least it's temporary.

My guild used to be a mainly PvP guild until we moved to this game and PvP was treated like a red-headed stepchild (see "Ilum").

Can't remember when or wheree, but I read they were discussing taking the stats out of color crystals completely. Ain't a bad idea imo.

Can't remember when or wheree, but I read they were discussing taking the stats out of color crystals completely. Ain't a bad idea imo.

Although it'd completely destroy Artifice if they did that.

Edited by Naej

"We don't know what we're doing with bolster, hell this seems like a good idea what can go wrong?...

... Well that didn't go as planned.. **** it lulz"

If only there were some sort of server to test this on.

And the reason they don't make a new tier of crystals is that crystal customization is one of the most sought-after and hard-earned customizations in the game. Making all those hard-to-get color crystals suddenly inferior would cause a huge stir. I know that me and my 41 white expertise crystals that I bought for 2.5mil a pop a year ago would not appreciate it..

while I understand your logic, it's a new xpac with new levels. it's a new game. you know how much awesome lvl 50 gear I have from WoW...like 7 years ago? the stuff is junk now. it's vanity and that is all. there's nothing wrong with that.

in the same vein, I'm not upset that all of my ewh and wh toons' gear are outdated. I'm upset that they are outdated for 50. hell, they're outdated for 30. that's bad design with bolster/stat weight. I'm cool with ewh being junk for anyone over 50. that makes sense. I'm sure they could create another crystal vendor and have a trade-in option if it really matters that much anyway. from my pov, though, vanity items are vanity items. they should not dictate endgame gear.

Although it'd completely destroy Artifice if they did that.

considering how they gutted professions anyway, I don't think it'd matter at this point. do to artifice the same thing you did to armormech and synth: make them augment factories. I won't cry for artifice crafters. at least they'd still have enhancements to add to their augments/kits. armor and synth are pretty worthless as they cannot produce any kind of mods.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.