The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Petition to BW] Remove bolster from 55 and put it back on PTS

Monterone

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pve gear should never be better than pvp gear period.

Agreed

But it is no reason to remove bolster entirely.

Bolster itself is a good idea, it brings skill back to a PVP that was only about gear for months. It just needs the problems taken out of it. And there has been more hard data and clear examples of problems brought to light in the last week, then in a month of PTS testing. People are more willing to break things in the 'real' environment than they are for testing purposes.

The best way to get the bugs out of the system is by keeping the system in a Live environment. Right now, problems get shown enormously quick and there is pressure on the Development team to fix it. The 1 week fix for naked bolster and WH/EWH in the levelling range just proved that with pressure, a lot can be done in one or two weeks. Case in point, ranked Warzones. That has still been a farce simply because there is no pressure to fix it quickly.

So, if you want this to be fixed, wanting it to be removed from Live is the worst suggestion you can make.

So, anti-signing the petition.

Edited by Devlonir

If I beat someone I want to know it was because I'm better, not because I'm wearing better gear. Those are not the same thing.

Keep it.

PVP is not about skill right now, it's about who can best exploit bolster. There are stat differences just as wide as recruit to war hero going on in warzones right now, with the bolster.

It took me less than a week to get full partisan gear. If you can't be bothered to PVP and get your gear in order, you don't deserve to be beating anyone.

It took me less than a week to get full partisan gear. If you can't be bothered to PVP and get your gear in order, you don't deserve to be beating anyone.

This, often said, point is so bad it's laughable.

Let me put it this way: A new player comes into Warzones, people will be decked out in Conqueror, and you expect them to spend a week of being rolled over and having zero chance to even win just to get Partisan gear?

How many new players do you think will come and consistently keep playing PVP if they don't even have a chance to do anything good? And with no new players coming in, eventually the PVP community itself will die out from natural attrition of people leaving.

So stop using this stupid point everyone. Bolster is not there to make sure new people can faceroll you. It's there to make sure new people even have half a chance against you without having the 100s of hours of tactical experience playing their class in all 5 warzones. And once you have Conqueror gear, you'll still have an advantage over them.

Yes, people in 69 or 72 PVE gear being better than PVP geared people is a problem. But the amount of people in that gear set right now is so small, it's just a smaller issue right now than other issues were (like WH/EWH underperforming, which touched a lot more people).

And I will repeat my point when I say: Do you really think people abusing the system now to get the best results are different people than those who did the same thing before? The ones owning you in non-PVP gear are still the same people that used to own you in highly tuned EWH with some Dreadguard PVE mods to increase performance. It's not like all Operations players suddenly thought: "Hey, let's go PVP!"

Not signed.

For a long time I haven't been using my commando in PVP, to the point where all my commando has is PVE gear and battlemater. With no new recruit gear, going into a level 55 warzone without SOME form of bolster is just not gonna be a good idea. Meanwhile, I've been going in and removing zero pieces of gear and contributing just fine. Not as good as I'd be with partisan, but still pretty good.

Should PVP gear be better than PVE gear in PVP? Absolutely, and if that's not working correctly then they should keep tweaking it (haven't tried out changes since yesterday's patch).

Should bolster be removed from 55 warzones? Absolutely not. The idea is sound in theory, and works pretty decently in practice I find.

For now, just remove it from the 55 bracket until the product is polished.

Then you will be fine with people rolling in level 30 greens in the 55 bracket yes?

Imo, the bracket we have now is the better side of the coin. Not saying its a perfect coin, but hey. Better than having premades with greens in your warzone

>_>

<_<

>_<

if this does not get fixed i will be leaving this game for good. why do pvp if any pve player in good level 50 pve gear with better stats then the top level pvp gear.can get free expertise higher than the first level of the new pvp gear. Then still have better stats than the top pvp gear. now you have pvp player who lost expertise and pve players who gained expertise? the pvp player will have to grind to the top level and still have less stats across the board. while all the pve players get pvp gear faster and make the pvp players take longer time to get it.

UNBALANCED BECAUSE OF FREE EXPERTISE

I honestly don't know what the problem is. I am grinding partisan gear to replace the EWH stuff I had, and am viable in wz's as far as I can tell. No-one rips me apart in an unerasonable way.

What are you observing, exactly, in 55 wz's that has prompted this attempt at a petition?

I've observed that pve gear gives about 1750 expertise, while a full set of pvp gear will provide you more.

Do you really think people abusing the system now to get the best results are different people than those who did the same thing before? The ones owning you in non-PVP gear are still the same people that used to own you in highly tuned EWH with some Dreadguard PVE mods to increase performance. It's not like all Operations players suddenly thought: "Hey, let's go PVP!"

Exploiters gonna exploit. There's one silly assassin on our server that switched to sniper quick as a flash when he heard rumours of it being the new FOTM. What was he wearing in wz when 2.0 hit? He was naked. It's people like that which are the problem, and why bolster exists in the first place.

And we have been killing him regularly in 55 WZ now the playing fields are more even. Too bad for him, eh?

Petition not signed.

Edited by Ycoga

I honestly don't know what the problem is. I am grinding partisan gear to replace the EWH stuff I had, and am viable in wz's as far as I can tell. No-one rips me apart in an unerasonable way.

What are you observing, exactly, in 55 wz's that has prompted this attempt at a petition?

I've observed that pve gear gives about 1750 expertise, while a full set of pvp gear will provide you more.

amen m8. Ive been also playing pvp since early access and i find it the most balanced pvp from everything ive seen, since SWTOR release and even other MMO's, taking out perhaps TBC in WoW.

This pretty much sums up what the problem is:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6167872#post6167872

Doing stupid things like removing mods, switching to green gear, etc. - gives you better stats. This should not happen.

Ok but those are bugs or not well calculated math on their part nevertheless is still true that PvP is pretty well balanced and there is no reason whatsoever to even consider taking out the bolstering system from the game as plenty are requesting in the forums.

Bugs can be solved.

Edited by Kophar

This pretty much sums up what the problem is:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6167872#post6167872

Doing stupid things like removing mods, switching to green gear, etc. - gives you better stats. This should not happen.

I think BW said somewhere that they are monitoring the returns on bolster and have implemented a system where its easy to tweak it along the way.

I'd rather give them time to tweak it than ask them to remove bolster entirely from WZ's.