What is your Vengeance/Rage DPS?

KaleTogras

Hi everybody! I have a question and am in need of advise.

Last night I raided with my Vengeance jugg and parsed the dps data through Mr. Robot. The results are...well, I'm not sure what to make of them o.O.

In Scum and Villainy against mobs I had about 1495 dps, while against Titan 6 I had around 1390. I have mostly Basic gear, with some Dread Guard relics and Black Hole implants (hence I raid :p). I still don't have anything parsed for Rage. Now I don't have any comparative data with which to gauge whether this is very low, standard or somewhat high for the class.

So fellow Juggers, what is your DPS on either Vengeance or Rage? Can you give me some tips on how to boost this dps if those numbers are low?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I think I know what to aspire to :p:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/5c0e5836-f151-4679-a0eb-324d3a49c485/overview#d=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

Gonna open up on the Training dummy tonight, gotta get my baseline to something my Sith Grandma can be proud of :p.

This is a useful link for dps-ers of all classes to see at which point do their numbers become truly Leet :D:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=604956&page=10

Edited by KaleTogras

OK, now I'm a happy camper :D. I went to work on the dummy after I returned from the office and got this result on my Armored Avenger (6/40/0):

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/cfb61a8a-d3b8-4981-82ae-486f88f570dc/overview#d=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

I was using a proc relic and adrenal, fully buffed though, but I'm in pre-Basic gear, this number can rise :D. Anyway, I feel comfortable with developing further as a DPS jugger now :))).

1926 on 16m HM Titan 6. After reviewing my Fraps footage, there were a number of places where I straight up screwed the pooch, so I anticipate much higher next go around.

Vengeance spec; using the pre-patch DG Relic of Boundless Ages (slightly higher passive power and on-use power) and a PvP Serendipitous Assault proc relic. At the time, I was in full 63s, with a 66 hilt, 69 bracers and a crafted level 54 implant.

On the same run, earlier pull (and wipe) I did 1957 in Rage over the course of 4min 8sec, but as it was a wipe, it doesn't really count.

Edited by ssfish

Ok, so I think I know what to aspire to :p:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/5c0e5836-f151-4679-a0eb-324d3a49c485/overview#d=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

Gonna open up on the Training dummy tonight, gotta get my baseline to something my Sith Grandma can be proud of :p.

This is a useful link for dps-ers of all classes to see at which point do their numbers become truly Leet :D:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=604956&page=10

That's my parse! Sure, I'll give you the vengeance 101 lesson. First, can you send me a link of your latest parse and tell me what your rotation is? THen I can see how to tweak it.

OK, now I'm a happy camper :D. I went to work on the dummy after I returned from the office and got this result on my Armored Avenger (6/40/0):

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/cfb61a8a-d3b8-4981-82ae-486f88f570dc/overview#d=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

I was using a proc relic and adrenal, fully buffed though, but I'm in pre-Basic gear, this number can rise :D. Anyway, I feel comfortable with developing further as a DPS jugger now :))).

Can you post your parse on TOR parse so I can see your rotation?

I checked the parses there. The person got the numbers they did because they used adrenals, were probably fully buffed, and had a stim. That and the parse for the TFB run contains the DPS numbers I've gotten running TFB post-2.0. I'd say 1900 is a good range, especially if you don't have like full 69-7 2 boosters and you're not using boosters.

Edited by vadess
more critiquing

I checked the parses there. The person got the numbers they did because they used adrenals, were probably fully buffed, and had a stim. That and the parse for the TFB run contains the DPS numbers I've gotten running TFB post-2.0. I'd say 1900 is a good range, especially if you don't have like full 69-7 2 boosters and you're not using boosters.

Thats my parse - in dread guard gear with 69 off hand and 66 hilt. yes i used nano stim and adrenal. check the 3rd and 4th to last parses for 2k+ sustained in a raid.

check the guide more than 1900 is possible in dread guard gear - on dummy 2300+ in half 69 half 63.

Thats my parse - in dread guard gear with 69 off hand and 66 hilt. yes i used nano stim and adrenal. check the 3rd and 4th to last parses for 2k+ sustained in a raid.

check the guide more than 1900 is possible in dread guard gear - on dummy 2300+ in half 69 half 63.

That's it... I'm studying your guide and parses until I get those numbers.... Even if it's all I do all summer.

Edited by vadess

http://www.torparse.com/a/188049/time/1366649128/1366649482/0/Overview 2093.2. Tried to follow your thread and parses to the letter. I'd appreciate advice on how I can increase to over 2200... Though a few times I did peak to that.

Running a mix of 63, 66, and 69 gear, with 66 hilt and 69 offhand, 3 blue Might Augment 28s (rest are L50 purple augs), and the old Exotech Might Stim (no adrenals), I am parsing around 2200 on the Ops dummy (the progression to the most recent and highest parse tracks reasonably well with improving gear):

2216 dps

2174 dps

2141 dps

I am going with a Power heavy build -- I actually have only 29 Critical Rating (I probably will dump that soon), with the rest in Power (over 1000). Accuracy rating is around 400, Surge is 250ish (doing this from memory -- if I get the chance, I'll plug in the actual values later).

From HM FPs and SM TFB, I've noticed that the burst is a lot better, though I can also easily get out of sync due to the new CDs for Plasma Brand and Sundering Strike. Overall, the rotation still feels a bit unnatural to me, but I imagine that time and study will improve that.

One thing that helped me reduce the amount of basic filler (Strike / Assault) was to run out while using Blade Storm or Dispatch, then Force Leap back in (sometimes with Saber Throw first, since I've lost the set bonus right now).

Edited by SheikShmoove

http://www.torparse.com/a/188049/time/1366649128/1366649482/0/Overview 2093.2. Tried to follow your thread and parses to the letter. I'd appreciate advice on how I can increase to over 2200... Though a few times I did peak to that.

Without looking line by line at your parse, the thing that jumps out at me immediately is the average damage numbers for abilities. I'm going to guess that the biggest inhibitor for you right now is simply gear. And lack of zero-range S.Throw.

Here's a parse from a few days ago (and not my best work, to be sure). I was in mostly 63s with a 66 hilt and a couple pieces of 69 gear. You crit for 60% of your V.Throws compared to my 34%, yet my average V.Throw outdamaged yours by ~200 damage per attack. That is 100% a gear thing.

If I were to pick at anything in particular with your rotation, I would say that you aren't getting as many Screams in as you could, which means you are probably wasting Savagery procs. [Look at 13:10:50 - 13:10:58 on your parse. You used V.Throw, Shatter, and Impale before your next Scream, meaning you just threw away one Savagery proc, which isn't a huge deal, but I'm guessing it isn't an isolated occurrence throughout]

Oh, and Shatter before Ravage on your opener? That runs the risk of throwing away the Rampage proc.

Here's my best parse so far 2461

There's some stuff I could have improved on, mostly small things like using Force Push as filler every now and then when I didn't have quite enough Rage to want to Vicious Slash and I ended up just using Assault. It looks like I accidentally clipped a Ravage somewhere and only got 2 hits (Ravage did not miss according to the log).

My gear is mostly 69 with a couple 72s at this point. I have a few 66 enhancements still, MH is 69. 1 69 ear and implant, 1 63 implant, both relics 63.

Used the new might stim, no adrenals used and I actually screwed up and didn't get 1 last click of my power relic in. Rampage procced at a clip of 35%, so slightly higher than the norm.

Stats are (with stim):

2958 Strength

1168 Power

76 Crit (on 1 implant that I intend to drop)

414 Accuracy (99.75%)

277 Surge (67.19%)

20.41% crit chance

Spent some time on the dummy last night and pretty consistently hitting right around 2200 sustained with bursts up to 2600 at points.

All of my mods and enhancements are at least 69, I have 1 72 mod and 1 72 enhancement. My armorings are mostly 63 to keep set bonus, I have 1 72 armoring and 1 3 69s (belt, bracers, offhand). My ear and 1 implant are 69 level, with the other implant being 72 level. For relics I have the Arcanian Boundless Ages and the Conqueror Relic Of Serendipitous Assault. My hilt is only 66. I used the reusable adrenal.

I think the main thing that's holding me back is too much crit. All of the 69 gear is crit heavy despite the lowered need for crit. The 72s are much better and plan to slowly switch power for crit to get me back down. Also it seems like a lot of the gear (69 and 72s both) really high main stat, medium end, low 3rd stat, which is frustrating, I'd like to get rid of some of this extra end to get more power.

I was doing dps (vengence) that was on par with my sniper before 2.0--now, not so much. I'm not sure if it's gear related or what, but my dps is significantly lower. I'm assuming it's me, though, because nerfing jugg/guardian dps would have been completely unnecessary.

What? Juggs don't need any crit at all? I mean in the mods and everything, I know strength gives crit, but I was wondering, I'm currently running at 16/21% and I thought I should do something about it to get to 30%.

Oh and quick question - which relics do we need? I thought it would be a simple upgrade and looked for the relics with the same names - boundless ages and elemental transcendence, but ET has now elemental tech damage and not force and I haven't found any relic with elemental force damage anywhere. (Sorry for interrupting.)

Ah and I am wondering, how do you manage NOT using assault as often?

http://www.torparse.com/a/193932

Here is a parse from wednesday; we were doing SaV storymode. In the fight against the four guys you can see it very well (22:14 - 22:20). I use assault A LOT, it's on 4th place after the 3 bleedings. I don't really know what I should do about that. My gear is almost full 69, legs 66, main hand 63/61. Vengeance spec.

I'm quite sad about losing my set bonus, but even before 2.0 hit I used assault tons of times. I use everything I have, vicious throw, smash, scream, everything, but a lot of times either everything if off CD or I still need one rage point for something that came off CD.

I'm not the best player and most of the times I just mash whatever key lightens up and I have to admit I rarely watch my procs.. I know when rampage procs because it's obvious, but I'm not really looking at savagery and stuff. And I don't really know what the priority is. Should I use V. Throw and Scream as soon as I can? Or first shatter and impale for bleedings? Should I start with ravage or bleeds? Should I open with saber thorw (for the debuff) or better just jump straight in since it takes a bit until I can charge in after a saber throw? Sorry if my questions seem stupid.

What? Juggs don't need any crit at all? I mean in the mods and everything, I know strength gives crit, but I was wondering, I'm currently running at 16/21% and I thought I should do something about it to get to 30%.

Oh and quick question - which relics do we need? I thought it would be a simple upgrade and looked for the relics with the same names - boundless ages and elemental transcendence, but ET has now elemental tech damage and not force and I haven't found any relic with elemental force damage anywhere. (Sorry for interrupting.)

Ah and I am wondering, how do you manage NOT using assault as often?

http://www.torparse.com/a/193932

Here is a parse from wednesday; we were doing SaV storymode. In the fight against the four guys you can see it very well (22:14 - 22:20). I use assault A LOT, it's on 4th place after the 3 bleedings. I don't really know what I should do about that. My gear is almost full 69, legs 66, main hand 63/61. Vengeance spec.

I'm quite sad about losing my set bonus, but even before 2.0 hit I used assault tons of times. I use everything I have, vicious throw, smash, scream, everything, but a lot of times either everything if off CD or I still need one rage point for something that came off CD.

I'm not the best player and most of the times I just mash whatever key lightens up and I have to admit I rarely watch my procs.. I know when rampage procs because it's obvious, but I'm not really looking at savagery and stuff. And I don't really know what the priority is. Should I use V. Throw and Scream as soon as I can? Or first shatter and impale for bleedings? Should I start with ravage or bleeds? Should I open with saber thorw (for the debuff) or better just jump straight in since it takes a bit until I can charge in after a saber throw? Sorry if my questions seem stupid.

I'm confused how you can be that low on crit if you're almost full 69s? Almost all the 69 gear seems to have a ton of crit. One of the things that I feel is holding me back is too much crit from wearing 69s. I currently have 31% force crit which I think it way too much, should be between 20-25 based on what I'm hearing, but I haven't seen anything definite yet. So I think you're crit is probably good at 21, if you need any more I wouldn't go higher than 25. What are your other stats? Make sure you aren't over stacking accuracy (don't want more than 110 force acc or it's a waste). I haven't seen what the new target is for surge, but my suspicion is it's around 70%

As far as using assault too much and loosing your set bonus, I wouldn't loose your 4 pc until you have the new 2 pc (which has the saber throw on 2pc now) to replace it. Close range saber throw is too critical to rage generation to abandon. Currently my gear is full 69s except for the 4 armorings holding my set bonus (which are all 63s). I have 69 BIS armorings for every slot, but waiting on 2 set pieces to swap any of them.

For other suggestions to use assault less in Vengeance look at this post, this helped me alot:http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6112321&postcount=15

My latest parse:

http://www.torparse.com/a/210199

Definately not my best in terms of getting the early rotations right(I screwed the opener by hitting the wrong key) and had a bad run of ravage procs for the first half.

I'm still mostly in Campaign gear although I'm slowly picking up 66/69 pieces. I did have an exotech stim applied at the time.

My first post-2.0 parse is here, unstimmed(last one):

http://www.torparse.com/a/204872

This was prior to picking up any 66+ mods and is mostly 61s with a 63 hilt and a couple of 63 armourings/mods.

Definitely love the Vengeance build now. Using a 4/36/6 build.

where is teh 3k parse in 72s?

It's not going to happen. I'm personally curious why someone would think that the jump from 69-72 is near as big as the jump from 63-69. A 350 DPS jump going from DG to Arkanian, yet a 400+ DPS jump from Arkanian to Underworld? I don't think so. I can see hitting 28xx, maybe even 2900, when I get my full 72s, properly itemized.

A mix of 69/72 that is not properly itemized is yielding right around 2700 (no clipping, 2708 if I clip it a bit), so I can surely see gaining another 100-200 DPS by replacing the last of my 69s and itemizing properly (not to mention getting my Ravage set bonus.) That, and I could just run dual Serendipitous relics for Dummy parsing if I wanted to get an easy bump, but I still prefer the Boundless relic for actual raiding. But, I really don't see squeezing 300 DPS out of that.

It's not going to happen. I'm personally curious why someone would think that the jump from 69-72 is near as big as the jump from 63-69. A 350 DPS jump going from DG to Arkanian, yet a 400+ DPS jump from Arkanian to Underworld? I don't think so. I can see hitting 28xx, maybe even 2900, when I get my full 72s, properly itemized.

A mix of 69/72 that is not properly itemized is yielding right around 2700 (no clipping, 2708 if I clip it a bit), so I can surely see gaining another 100-200 DPS by replacing the last of my 69s and itemizing properly (not to mention getting my Ravage set bonus.) That, and I could just run dual Serendipitous relics for Dummy parsing if I wanted to get an easy bump, but I still prefer the Boundless relic for actual raiding. But, I really don't see squeezing 300 DPS out of that.

These are essentially identical numbers to what I get if I cut off the residual bleeds/time to exit combat from my best parse (I really need to start using /stuck lol). I certainly don't think I'll see an increase to 3k either.

2678 when I clip to my last activated ability damage